Asking Futuremark for my money back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - I have sent Futuremark an email asking for my money back..

I stated the problem I have with the program:

A) I select 1920 x 1200 for my res, but only the first two tests run at my desired res. All other revert back to low res. Don't pretend your program supports 1920 x 1200 if is only does on only 2 of the 10 tests! 20% is so SAD!!

B) I paid for this program, but still continue to get commershals... Unexcaptable!

C) No demo mode, and no sound.

D) Graphics look blockey and dated.

F) Runs bad, and stutters allot. A GX2 should be able to run this bench with a quad at 3.47GHz.

G) AKA not worth the price of admission, and gave them my registration number, and asked for my $20 spot back!

I encourage more to do the same...

I have not received a responce so far!

who cares. who told you to hop on board on the first day?

This thread deserves a cookie.

cookie-monster-in-rehab.png

Yes, it's ugly, the scores are shit in reality, and you shouldn't pay for it. But what the, you're angry that it runs slow? That's the point of FUTURE MARK. Not until we've crossed the MARK with FUTURE hardware are we supposed to sneeze at these types of benches. G200 and Nehalem should get you an easy P20k score.

F) Runs bad, and stutters allot. A GX2 should be able to run this bench with a quad at 3.47GHz.

LOL runs bad, no, over powering your hardware is more like it...

too funny, remeber this thing has to have a run of 2-5 years likely, so of course it is going to kill current hardware EXACTLY like 06 did when it came out...

hewwwow futoomarkz

I cannot spellz vary good, but eye wantz money back that i pied for ur programz. I have very large calcuputer that mummy spendz all her money to buy and i wnat binchmark that it run very well so large scroez impresses mrs. Wlikerson's 4th grade homewroom class.

tanks

Damn.. That is some WICKED humor there..
That shit was too dam funny, i am still laughing!

Its as if they are paid to spell check for everybody else. I can't fucking understand it. If there is a person who is being a grammer nazi, and spells something improperly himself, i will rip him a new one. BUT THE WHOLE WORLD DOES NOT SPEAK ENGLISH, if people cant fucking type properly let them be, its not like the world is going to end.

^^ exactly, fuck off north america / parts of europe, english isn't the most common language in the world i recall, so get off your high horse that everyone should have proper grammer and spelling, i'm british canadian and online, i couldnt give a fly faq what my spelling was like.

hewwwow futoomarkz

I cannot spellz vary good, but eye wantz money back that i pied for ur programz. I have very large calcuputer that mummy spendz all her money to buy and i wnat binchmark that it run very well so large scroez impresses mrs. Wlikerson's 4th grade homewroom class.

tanks

LOL :D

I needz moar peoples likx uz at meye job. Maor lawlz! :p

ROFL, I'm dying here....this thread is friggin HILARIOUS....oh man this is exactly what I needed after the day I had at work.

^^ exactly, fuck off north america / parts of europe, english isn't the most common language in the world i recall, so get off your high horse that everyone should have proper grammer and spelling, i'm british canadian and online, i couldnt give a fly faq what my spelling was like.

This is an English language forum. Period. End of story.

A) I select 1920 x 1200 for my res, but only the first two tests run at my desired res. All other revert back to low res. Don't pretend your program supports 1920 x 1200 if is only does on only 2 of the 10 tests! 20% is so SAD!!

B) I paid for this program, but still continue to get commershals... Unexcaptable!

G) AKA not worth the price of admission, and gave them my registration number, and asked for my $20 spot back!

OMG, I did the same thing for the same reasons, lol. You forgot to add the fact that Adobe flash player runs wile doing a benchmark causing slowdowns and lock-ups. Also it install Physx drivers on your rig that WILL cause problems sooner or later. This is the worse peace of software Futuremark has ever put out. Instead of sticking with a formula that put them on the map, they make you pay for a product with less features and or entertainment value. On top of that they go and charge for a product with less features than the past benchmark programs, it contains real time ads even in the advanced edition. Vantage felt like I installed a program bloated with malware and junk I did not need or want on my rig and I payed for the Advanced edition thinking I would get the 'Demo' option with sound, no ads and no need for drivers due to my rig not having Physix hardware. Wronge, what a waste. I uninstalled it untill it gets 'fixed':(

Wow. I'm glad I dont have the spelling and grammer police after me. So what if words are spelled wrong... you understood what he was saying.

The most of tests are most GPU work, which no CPU work. the phsyic test are CPU. Thats wht your getting a low score.

This not 3dmark 06. where the test was both gpu and cpu. the test in vanatage is diffent. CPU bound means just your cpu. and then GPu bound, means just your Gpu. not both.

It runs the cpu test at a lower res, because thats when the cpu kicks in to do most of the work. Thats why the last two test are 1024.

If it was doing 1920, then it wouldnt be testing the cpu, thats why you see when them benchmarking cpus in reviews, They use 1024 for their res. And thats the reason why they do.

Also with the free, you cant save your results. And most people uses 3dmark to test there overclock stabilty which I do.

If I had 6 dollars I would buy the basic but I def wouldnt buy other vers.

OMFG, this is some funny ass shit. some one thinks he is getting the shit and gets gets owned by futuremark instead,

Futuremark is out to make money and they do this by any means they can (I can't blame them) but look at what they are doing with this release.

you get a free one time use - big deal or you pay 6.95 ripoff IMO

they get:
1. to show you ads
2. a free working email address.
3. a free listing of parts that you have in your system.
4. a benchmark score of that system config.
5. they can sell that data and make money.
6. profit

total rip off. not even going there.

oh, and thank you [H]ARD|OCP I don't think they even covered the release at all did they?

This is an English language forum. Period. End of story.

so what? If he misspells a few word there is no reason jump at him... if some dude from China needed some help and he came here barely typing the correct spelling of a single word, but you got the jist of what he was saying, then you're not going to help him?

we need some thought police here...

Anyone naive enough to pay for this does not deserve their money back.

I feel like I owe Futuremark money because it resulted in this thread. I lol'd so hard

A) The other tests are CPU/Physics tests... they run at a lower resolution so the GPU performance and memory bandwidth won't influence the results.

I agree with B, C, D to some extent, F and G. I'm not paying even for the basic version.

Not sure about not getting your money back. If you dont like a piece of hardware you can take it back. Why is it that software is one of the few things you cannot return for not liking?

Not sure about not getting your money back. If you dont like a piece of hardware you can take it back. Why is it that software is one of the few things you cannot return for not liking?

And music, and books, and bubblegum, and condoms, etc :p

Would I have recourse vis-a-vi my pending foreclosure because I got my sub-prime adjustable rate $970,000 mortgage on a house worth six dollars via an ad in 3dMark 2003?

Edit: and underwear - they don't tend to give refunds on underwear. If you ever find a place that does - do NOT buy your underwear at that place!

I love this thread, got some really good humour here! lol

One thing that I would like to ask, is that why are H-OCP not talking about this new 3DMark? Are they sitting back to wait and see what the popular opinion is before they write there review of it? :rolleyes:

But one thing I would like to say, is that it sucks that you have to pay for it, I think this might be the beginning of the end for FutureMark, unless they give away the basic version and let us generate our own scores more than once, as we will all have a very limited frame of reference to compare any reviews that use this version of 3DMark to.

I'll weigh in on the spelling too. Normally, I'm not a grammar NAZI, though I do notice spelling mistakes. The reason you should check your spelling is because you're sending this to a corporation and it looks bad on you if you don't take the time to spell check your message. Why should they take the time to respond if you aren't articulate and haven't taken the time to spell check? I wish people would take the extra couple minutes and proofread things like this.

That said, I hope you get your money back or at least a resolution for your problem.

I'll weigh in on the spelling too. Normally, I'm not a grammar NAZI, though I do notice spelling mistakes. The reason you should check your spelling is because you're sending this to a corporation and it looks bad on you if you don't take the time to spell check your message. Why should they take the time to respond if you aren't articulate and haven't taken the time to spell check? I wish people would take the extra couple minutes and proofread things like this.

That said, I hope you get your money back or at least a resolution for your problem.

The corporation hes sending to is in germany, hardly the best english speakers will be there anyways...

I can't believe I'm posting in this thread but ehh why not.

1. Futuremark will NEVER give money back to ANYONE for ANY reason.

2. What you paid for is exactly what you got.

3. Please learn from this experience and realize that this is EXACTLY why [H] does NOT DO caned bench marks.

4. The only good benchmark tool is a FREE benchmark tool no one is getting anything to play "favorites" The minute that futuremark made there tools to make money there credibility went out the door. If Nvidia pays me $X.XX money then we will code for them to win if ATI pays me $X.XX money then we will change our code and make it so they win. Once money is involved all honesty goes out the window.

5. My only advice to you is that next time you want to spend 20 bucks on something buy a GAME so at least you can play it :)

Sorry if this seems like a flame its just my opinion I just hate to see people through money away at something that is useless.

For the grammar Nazi's out there HAVE FUN WITH MY POST HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

Talk about off-topic. If you want to debate spelling errors and grammar, please, look at some form of elementary forum, I'm sure the kids there will take a liking to your kind. It's not nice telling grown folk' that their credibility is shattered due to their grammar or spelling, this is a red flag that shows you don't socialize much outside of forums right? I wonder if you correct everyone you meet, even your friends, family members, girlfriend, strangers, managers......I'd hate to see how disfigured your face is.

You missed the whole point oh ye of little reading comprehension. My whole point was that I actually feel bad for people like the OP who are diligently trying to get some feedback on an issue and because of some silly spelling error, almost half the responses will inevitably address the spelling and/or grammar and NOT the original posited question.

That make sense to you?

Secondly, I actually don't let those things bother me because I do realize that this forum extends globally and there are surely many among us for whom english is not their first language.

And really did you call my face disfigured? Really? I mean, really? That is one of the most inane and non-sequitur comments I have ever read. Thank you for that. :D (If there was a disfigured smiley face I surely would have put it here.)

This thread ladies and gentlemen, is a display of how low humans can go when interacting with each other in the wild.

Latley it seems as if the bitching/shit-throwing has increased mega fold.

This thead = Epic fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back