Asking Futuremark for my money back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And really did you call my face disfigured? Really? I mean, really?

It was an assumption, if you're attitude is the same way it is on this forum (highly doubt it), you walking around, correcting everyones grammar and pronunciation's, I can only assume that you would have alot of people decking your chin , that make sense to you now?

Seriously, don't be a two face.

Maybe he was just engaged in angry typing? Don't y'all ever get so mad you just start whacking at those keys, the rage shuts down the brain, you don't give a damn anymore, and words just start coming out all funny like?

I tried 3DMarkVantage and I appreciate how this might have occurred. Angry typing causes words like "commershals" and "Unexcaptable".

Don't ridicule him. He needs a hug. Many of us that used 3DMarkVantage need a hug.

:D

The corporation hes sending to is in germany, hardly the best english speakers will be there anyways...

Actually german and english belong to the same language family,
making it rather easy to understand the other language after only minimal learning effort.
(like watching TV for a few months)
Finnish on the other hand is not related, so it will be important to spell check a message,
as the one reading it might need to use a dictionary to look up the used words.
A task that could be a little hard with non standard spelling... eygnlisch speekarz on de oder hand shuld bee eybl to figia aut wat is mant eyvn if ids non sdandard.

..btw the only writing system I came across that made some sense was the korean one
(letters based on the side view of the mouth when creating the sound),
English spelling on the other hand doesn't really make sense.
(letters not only chosen and modified through historical coincidences, but also pronounced differently depending on the word)
But I'm glad that french didn't end up as the international standard...

pxc, I can't say this alot about you, but today, your reading comprehension = failed.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but "a lot" is two words.

alot = a lot
noone = no one

There are no such words as "alot" or "noone" in the English language. Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I just see these words spelled incorrectly so often.

Maybe he was just engaged in angry typing? Don't y'all ever get so mad you just start whacking at those keys, the rage shuts down the brain, you don't give a damn anymore, and words just start coming out all funny like?

I tried 3DMarkVantage and I appreciate how this might have occurred. Angry typing causes words like "commershals" and "Unexcaptable".

Don't ridicule him. He needs a hug. Many of us that used 3DMarkVantage need a hug.

:D
I agree. I read his post and smiled but knew he was upset enough to let slip what might not have otherwise. :D

Sorry Grimham, I guess your face is disfigured as well.

Wow, RangerSVT has such an uncanny ability to detect all us mutants just through a forum. Amazing really. He's right though. My name really isn't John. My birth name was actually Quasimodo. I've tried to forget my past, but damn you Ranger, you found me out. (runs off and cries......)

Wow, RangerSVT has such an uncanny ability to detect all us mutants just through a forum. Amazing really. He's right though. My name really isn't John. My birth name was actually Quasimodo. I've tried to forgot my past, but damn you Ranger, you found me out. (runs off and cries......)

Sarcasm / Reverse Psychology works wonders on the internet...

You're just jealous of his X-ray reverse internet webcam through LCD technology. AKA XRIWCTL™

ever since the online result browser was the only way to retreive a score I've said the heck with it.

Yeah, I always disliked that. A video/cpu hardware benchmark that REQUIRES internet connectivity is idiotic. Clearly only done to track people and use that to add to their bottom line.

Unfortunately I signed up to download this Vantage, but at least I got laid-off and busy with my job-search before I actually installed it. I will delete it now. I knew this layoff would provide a few good opportunities...

Wow, RangerSVT has such an uncanny ability to detect all us mutants just through a forum. Amazing really. He's right though. My name really isn't John. My birth name was actually Quasimodo. I've tried to forget my past, but damn you Ranger, you found me out. (runs off and cries......)

Yeah, I confess, I'm the ugliest person on the planet.
The funny thing is, I never would have corrected his misspelling of the words "a lot" if he hadn't been ripping someone else's language skills. I make spelling and grammar mistakes all the time, hell, I may have just made one for all I know.

I never even thought twice about paying 3Dmark for their software.

I did think about poking fun at spelling errors. Like "Unexcaptable", isn't that when an enemy base is impossible to cap?

I think this thread caused everyone reading it to lose a few IQ points along the way. Unexcaptable if you ask me.

Wow, this many pages of bickering about bad spelling being pointed out.

My $.02 on that: Typos and spelling errors happen frequently, and most people commit them. However, the more consistently you make errors, the more likely it is that the reader won't take you seriously on the basis of your poor command of language. It's no different than dismissing someone as uneducated for the way they talk (hick accent, for example)...experience teaches you that people who speak a certain way are short on intellect, and you consider them accordingly. There are exceptions, but it's an unfortunate truth that how you speak and write is generally a reliable indication of your intelligence.

As for the OP: Good luck getting your money back. Really. I wouldn't bet on it happening, but good luck.

FYI - I have sent Futuremark an email asking for my money back..

I'm sorry... did you say that you parted with hard earned perfectly good money for a benchmarking tool? are you a paid reviewer or some sort of freak?

I sat there debating whether or not 500mb was worth it.. i mean i only get 90GB a month (damn expensive aussie internet).. i decided NO.. i wouldnt even download the pirate version.

You fail at being funny.

Why did I just post here for no reason? Fuck. I got influenced by all of this... hatred and... frustration in this forum...

Actually german and english belong to the same language family,
making it rather easy to understand the other language after only minimal learning effort.
(like watching TV for a few months)
Finnish on the other hand is not related, so it will be important to spell check a message,
as the one reading it might need to use a dictionary to look up the used words.
A task that could be a little hard with non standard spelling... eygnlisch speekarz on de oder hand shuld bee eybl to figia aut wat is mant eyvn if ids non sdandard.

..btw the only writing system I came across that made some sense was the korean one
(letters based on the side view of the mouth when creating the sound),
English spelling on the other hand doesn't really make sense.
(letters not only chosen and modified through historical coincidences, but also pronounced differently depending on the word)
But I'm glad that french didn't end up as the international standard...

Wow that was actually enlightening. I guess you learn something new everyday huh ;)

im amazed that this thread hasnt been locked yet. i before e except after c.

Wow, this has got to be the most incorrigible forum I have ever been to, I was just fucking with the dude.

Some of you people are way too uptight but I do want to say this; On a web forum where no one knows who you are or what you are like you are only as smart as your spelling and grammar, initially. Once people get to know you that may change but it's just the way it is because it's the only clue we have besides the nature of the post itself to form an opinion of who you are and what you may be like. It's because of this I use spell check and re-read my posts out loud if they are longer than a paragraph. I am far from an English major and my spelling is horrendous but I make a conscious effort to improve it the best I can before I hit the post button.

That being said I want to personally apologize to Talonman for ruining his thread and I do hope he gets his money back or at the very least gets the program to run correctly, again I am sorry for starting this mess.

P.S. Firefox spell check rocks.

Wow, this has got to be the most incorrigible forum I have ever been to, I was just fucking with the dude.

Some of you people are way too uptight but I do want to say this; On a web forum where no one knows who you are or what you are like you are only as smart as your spelling and grammar, initially. Once people get to know you that may change but it's just the way it is because it's the only clue we have besides the nature of the post itself to form an opinion of who you are and what you may be like. It's because of this I use spell check and re-read my posts out loud if they are longer than a paragraph. I am far from an English major and my spelling is horrendous but I make a conscious effort to improve it the best I can before I hit the post button.

That being said I want to personally apologize to Talonman for ruining his thread and I do hope he gets his money back or at the very least gets the program to run correctly, again I am sorry for starting this mess.

P.S. Firefox spell check rocks.

Don't feel too bad, if you had not started it, someone else would have, gauranteed. You were just faster.

This thread is now [H]Official Grammar School.

... ah lol, just lock the damn thing.

What the hell is all this "fail" and Epic Fail" all about??? I take it that I have missed some American thing that has created this new pinnacle of expression! lol

This is an English language forum. Period. End of story.

yes, english forum, doesnt mean it has to be perfect english.

and is that american english, british english, canadian english (yes easy one, site is U.S so ameriCAN english)

wicked sig! will live forever!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Yeah, I don't understand the Vantage thing at all. The whole reason 3dmark got so popular was because it was free; you lose that, and you lose your market.

Sure, Vantage cost them more to make. I mean, they could have just tacked on more ads than '06, and people still would have downloaded it, making them some nice cash. But now, that ad-riddled version costs 7 or 20 bucks (depending on which features you want), which is pathetic.

The thing that pisses me off the most about it is that it looks like complete shit. Farcry on the original Xbox looks better in every single way than the first test does and it runs worse than Crysis on high settings. The second test is OK but it's nothing to write home about, it looks about how I would expect a space sim released in the last couple of years to look unfortunately it runs like shit as well.

I really don't mind these benchmarks running at 15fps if they look amazing but 3Dmark seemed to use up all their talent in 03 and have been running on rancid fumes ever since.

The thing that pisses me off the most about it is that it looks like complete shit. Farcry on the original Xbox looks better in every single way than the first test does and it runs worse than Crysis on high settings. The second test is OK but it's nothing to write home about, it looks about how I would expect a space sim released in the last couple of years to look unfortunately it runs like shit as well.

I really don't mind these benchmarks running at 15fps if they look amazing but 3Dmark seemed to use up all their talent in 03 and have been running on rancid fumes ever since.

Exactly.

argh

sa said, remeber 06, ran like CRAP on hardware when it came out, give it a year, it sarts to show,,,

this app has to last a few years of course it will make current gen hardware look like shit, perform like shit

this isnt a app meant to make your card shine, it is meant to say 'HEY! your hardware SUCKS ASSSSS,. go buy new crap when it comes out to make our software look better!!!'

argh

sa said, remeber 06, ran like CRAP on hardware when it came out, give it a year, it sarts to show,,,

this app has to last a few years of course it will make current gen hardware look like shit, perform like shit

this isnt a app meant to make your card shine, it is meant to say 'HEY! your hardware SUCKS ASSSSS,. go buy new crap when it comes out to make our software look better!!!'

The issue is that 03 and 06 looked /good/ on the hardware when they came out... they were just slow. Really slow. 6 FPS slow on my X800XT at times. My 8800 GTX SLI rig doesn't make 06 any prettier than the X800XT did, it just runs a whole hell of a lot faster.

Vantage doesn't look impressive. It looks, as so many have said, like shit. It's not due to hardware limitations. It's due to to bad design/code/whatever you care to call it. It's a step backward from 06 on the first test, and pretty much on the level with 06 for the second test. I, and everyone else expected more. Considering that's /all they have to deliver/... pathetic. Truly pathetic.

argh

If a poorly coded benchmark wants to give the illusion that it's pushing my machine to it's limits it needs to look the part. Vantage just looks like a sub par high school project coded by a couple of blind freshmen with no fingers.

I can't believe what a shit fest this thread turned into. Locked for now, maybe tomorrow I'll come back and re-read it to see where to swing the banhammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back