Are you running a Windows Mobile Phone?

I'm working on developing an app for Windows Mobile and I'm wanting a general idea of what people are running. Mind helping me out guys?

Please post any of the following info if you can:
Brand: (Samsung, HTC, etc)
Model: (Jack, Tilt2, etc)
Screen Resolution: (800x480)
Windows Mobile Version: (WinMo 5, 6, 6.1, 6.5)
.NET Compact Framework Version: (1.0, 2.0, 3.5)

Thanks guys in advance. I really appreciate it.

Samsung
Omnia
400 x 240
6.5 Pro

...Until the N1 hits VZW

sprint mogul
windows 6.1
I dont know the rest, my contract ends in feb. I'll be moving to android.

Brand: HTC
Model: Touch Pro 2
Screen Resolution: 800x480
Windows Mobile Version: 6.1 (was going to put on a 6.5 rom when i have time)
.NET Compact Framework Version: 3.5

Windows Mobile Version: 6.1 (was going to put on a 6.5 rom when i have time)

This same setup. LOVE the phone.

HP
iPAQ
WM 5.2

Not sure on screen resolution, I think the .net is 2.0 though.

The TP2 was the most underrated phone that came out last year. Incredible device and its my main phone right now.

I tend to agree but the only thing that holding me back is the HD2, I'll wait until then before I decide my iphone replacement

Mine
Windows Mobile Version: 6.5

Wife
Model: Ozone
Screen Resolution: 320x240
Windows Mobile Version: 6.5
.NET Compact Framework Version: Unsure

Motorola
Q9C
320x240
WM 6.1
No touchscreen

Good luck developing a WinMo app, it was a nightmare when I was doing it and we had to attempt accounting for different resolutions, switching between portrait and landscape, and handling scenarios for touch screen and non touch screen use along with different versions of WinMo. Also make sure the app continues to work when the phone rings and you receive a call. This can burn you pretty easily if you mess it up (just speaking from experience :))

Model: Touch Pro
Screen Resolution: VGA
Windows Mobile Version: 6.1

From my experience, target WM6 Pro/Std (they are different fyi, but same code can be made to work on both).

Make your GUI resolution independent, be it through scaling or including multiple versions of graphics.

It's not that difficult, but realize that you will never make it work correctly on all handsets... they are all different, especially once you get into "funny" API's.

From my experience, target WM6 Pro/Std (they are different fyi, but same code can be made to work on both).

Make your GUI resolution independent, be it through scaling or including multiple versions of graphics.

It's not that difficult, but realize that you will never make it work correctly on all handsets... they are all different, especially once you get into "funny" API's.

Yes, I know they are different. Standard is generally smartphones, and Professional is generally touchscreen phones. 6 had a Classic version which was also touchscreen phones.

I've been doing a lot of scaling. The main purpose for this thread is to get a good idea on resolutions, because for advertising in the app, I want to get a good idea of a few sizes that ads should be.

Another reason for this thread was to look at how many phones were running 6.5 Pro with 3.5 Framework, I'm considering throwing in some Gesture API work.

HTC Touch Pro (ATT Fuze)
WMO 6.1.
Resolution 640 x 480

Switching to HTC HD2 in the next few months.

For sure.

16k292a.jpg

HTC Touch HD Blackstone (T8282) on MaryONE (aka. Hellonasty) 6.5 Pro Sense 2.5 ROM.

Brand: Samsung
Model: Epix
Screen Resolution: 320x320

Windows Mobile Version: 6.1 (will be upgrading to 6.5 shortly)
.NET Compact Framework Version: 3.5 (I believe)

Couple of things to keep in mind: it very well makes sense to make the app/game in a way that you can "scale it down" easily resolution-wise (placement of buttons/icons, layout, etc.). People are not generally adverse to upgrading their .NET Framework. I'd target 640x480 and just add an extra sidebar that is only present when on 800x480 but provides extra shortcuts/status... the high-res power-users get something extra, but the core is designed for people with 640x480/320x240 screens providing a good all-around experience.

i had a Tilt with windows and personally i hated it... but i hear that the new windows is much improved

htc touch pro 2 sprint
800x480
win mobile 6.5
i think the newest net version is 3.6 or something (my phone said 3.5 was an older version, didn't realize it already had it on there :D)

Model: Touch
Screen Resolution: 240x320

I'm working on developing an app for Windows Mobile and I'm wanting a general idea of what people are running. Mind helping me out guys?

Brand: (Samsung, HTC, etc)
Model: (Jack, Tilt2, etc)
Screen Resolution: (800x480)
Windows Mobile Version: (WinMo 5, 6, 6.1, 6.5)
.NET Compact Framework Version: (1.0, 2.0, 3.5)

Thanks guys in advance. I really appreciate it.

HTC
Tmobile TouchPro2
800x480
6.5(build 23k i think)

Model: Touch Pro
Screen Resolution: VGA

(I hate this phone in ways that I cant even describe)

Brand:palm
Model:Treo 700wx
Screen: 240x240
Windows mobile version: 5.1.4, (6.1 rom is available )
.net CF 2.0

Back