Apple’s Lame Fix For Antenna Issues

They admitted faking bars to make AT&Ts reception look better, if you only need two bars to hold a conversation then why not display 4 if noone will know the difference?

Worked great on the 3GS and previous but the iPhone4 has that problem some phones do of an inconvenient antenna placement that drops a bar with your finger over it, and if it drops to one they don't fudge the one bar into three so it appears to drop from 4 to 1 quite alarmingly

Apple is deceptive, and has had to come clean on this, who knows what other secrets they hope we don't find out about. All of their produsts are suspicious now.

They admitted faking bars to make AT&Ts reception look better, if you only need two bars to hold a conversation then why not display 4 if noone will know the difference?

Worked great on the 3GS and previous but the iPhone4 has that problem some phones do of an inconvenient antenna placement that drops a bar with your finger over it, and if it drops to one they don't fudge the one bar into three so it appears to drop from 4 to 1 quite alarmingly

Apple is deceptive, and has had to come clean on this, who knows what other secrets they hope we don't find out about. All of their produsts are suspicious now.

Not so much. The "bars" is not a defined metric, it is not consistent between phones, it isn't even meaningful. It only measures signal strength, not the far more important signal-to-noise ratio.

Jesus fucking Christ man, shut your Apple hating mouth for one minute and think. How many operating systems are built on older operating systems? How many flaws are resulted from this? How many operating systems get patched and updated from flaws overlooked by developers?
None.
Developers adapt or die.

Apple, in this case, IS THE DEVELOPER AS WELL, and they have NO EXCUSES.

They once faked their bars to make the iPhone 3G appear to have better service than what it actually did, because ATT's formula was putting the phone in a bad light.
They have kept using that fake formula up through the iPhone 4!!!!

It has now bit them in the ass, and they're going right back to where they started and using ATT's accurate formula again.

It's not rocket science. My point is this helps prove they've lied about the bars once before (when they faked it the first time). They now admit that the formula they used is bogus, even though they designed it that way!

Regardless, this is just distraction from the real problem at hand. Instead of dealing with the real problem they're creating smoke and mirrors... Again- why do you think I hate this company so much? I haven't seen ANY company pulling this shit and still have people defending them to the death.

None.
Developers adapt or die.

Apple, in this case, IS THE DEVELOPER AS WELL, and they have NO EXCUSES.

They once faked their bars to make the iPhone 3G appear to have better service than what it actually did, because ATT's formula was putting the phone in a bad light.
They have kept using that fake formula up through the iPhone 4!!!!

It has now bit them in the ass, and they're going right back to where they started and using ATT's accurate formula again.

It's not rocket science. My point is this helps prove they've lied about the bars once before (when they faked it the first time). They now admit that the formula they used is bogus, even though they designed it that way!

Regardless, this is just distraction from the real problem at hand. Instead of dealing with the real problem they're creating smoke and mirrors... Again- why do you think I hate this company so much? I haven't seen ANY company pulling this shit and still have people defending them to the death.

Is this guy for real?

Yea, he don't like Apple much. Though, I don't see how you can defend some of these problems they are having.

At the same time, I don't see how you can blindly keep bashing them when there's more to the story and people fail to accept that.

Yea, he don't like Apple much. Though, I don't see how you can defend some of these problems they are having.

I'm not defending them for their problems. The bar thing isn't a problem per se. It's a mis-assignment of dB numbers to the bars. I said a thousand times there's an antenna problem.

You can seriously agree with him about newer operating systems not being built on older ones. Even Windows and Linux do this.

I'm not defending them for their problems. The bar thing isn't a problem per se. It's a mis-assignment of dB numbers to the bars. I said a thousand times there's an antenna problem.

You can seriously agree with him about newer operating systems not being built on older ones. Even Windows and Linux do this.

can't** seriously agree..

For my money, I would expect a company to test their products. Sure, I agree the bar problem isn't a huge deal, but does it show a faulty QA model?

You fools and talking about signal strength errors...

Alright, lets give you the signal strength error thing. If your house is falling apart do you go and fix a broken fence?

That is what Apple is doing, and you guys who keep going on about signal strength are missing the point.

You fools and talking about signal strength errors...

Alright, lets give you the signal strength error thing. If your house is falling apart do you go and fix a broken fence?

That is what Apple is doing, and you guys who keep going on about signal strength are missing the point.

The bars mis-assignment have nothing to do with the antenna problem. That's what Steve is trying to get through your thick skulls. Steve already said he'll look into the antenna problem. Read yesterday's letter.

You can't seriously agree with him about newer operating systems not being built on older ones. Even Windows and Linux do this.

You realize Windows is still using and built upon the same old NT kernel, right?

You realize Windows is still using and built upon the same old NT kernel, right?

lol

I say one thing and you hear something else. You're amazing.

I just fucking said that!

A week ago you were considering an iPhone 4. You already own a 3GS. Now you "hate this company".

I don't understand it at all.

It's a love-hate relationship? :D

Honestly, the iPhone is the ONE product I was willing to try and continue using. The iPhone 4 looked like a good upgrade if I could get it free... So: it was a consideration. Not anymore. Partially because the new Galaxy specs have now come out. Mainly, however, because of these issues and Apple's response to them.

For the record, that post was made BEFORE Apple's ass-hole responses about these issues.

Apple fucked up twice. I think that is the end of the story, no?

No. There's obviously a problem in QA, but this is obviously not the entire company's fault either. As a company, how do you become so successful with your entire previous line of phones and then fuck up all of a sudden? Somebody was rushing something, and there is clearly more to the story.

Stop drinking the hater-aid.

No. There's obviously a problem in QA, but this is obviously not the entire company's fault either. As a company, how do you become so successful with your entire previous line of phones and then fuck up all of a sudden? Somebody was rushing something, and there is clearly more to the story.

APPLE rushed it, perhaps?

Sorry, Apple is 100% at fault. They could've haulted Foxconn manufacturing. They could've pushed back the release date. They had all control to find and resolve this issue.

Where did I say I didn't? Last I checked, I said iOS4 was based on its predecessor.

Seems like "YOU'RE" the one that likes to make stuff up.

No but you're on Apple's ass for making mistakes, as if Linux and Windows and Android and Chromium are completely devoid of them. :rolleyes:

Must be awful hating so many companies like that.

Unfortunately, for Apple, this could all have been averted had they received the information from the phone they were field testing, but was lost in a bar by a certain engineer. They remotely killed it and wiped any data that could have been used.

This, I think is going to be their next line of defense.

The bars mis-assignment have nothing to do with the antenna problem. That's what Steve is trying to get through your thick skulls. Steve already said he'll look into the antenna problem. Read yesterday's letter.

I'll give you that they are not directly related, BUT the fact that the signal strength indicator (bars) report an antenna statistic makes them somewhat related, does it not?

Whether or not Apple intentionally skewed the bars, I don't know. But either way, they've realesed a product that a lot of us informed people have problems with. This time though, the Andriod camp has devices waiting that can easily satisfy those who don't want anything to do with Apple and Darth Jobs.

Now watch, I'll get labeled an Apple hater for this post, which I really am not, but that's what happens when you try to present a legitimate argument to people who drink koolade.

I'll give you that they are not directly related, BUT the fact that the signal strength indicator (bars) report an antenna statistic makes them somewhat related, does it not?

Whether or not Apple intentionally skewed the bars, I don't know. But either way, they've realesed a product that a lot of us informed people have problems with. This time though, the Andriod camp has devices waiting that can easily satisfy those who don't want anything to do with Apple and Darth Jobs.

Now watch, I'll get labeled an Apple hater for this post, which I really am not, but that's what happens when you try to present a legitimate argument to people who drink koolade.

Lol, I drink Koolade, just not the Apple flavored ones.

No but you're on Apple's ass for making mistakes, as if Linux and Windows and Android and Chromium are completely devoid of them. :rolleyes:

You do realize you are just as fervent as he is in defending apple. What make you rush to defend them with such determination on an internet forum? So what if someone hates Apple and trolls every thread about their products.

I don't label people. They label themselves. lol

But think about what you're saying though, why would Apple want to make their bars drop drastically like that on purpose? It doesn't make any sense if they skewed it.

You do realize you are just as fervent as he is in defending apple. What make you rush to defend them with such determination on an internet forum? So what if someone hates Apple and trolls every thread about their products.

You realize you're only quoting me and not him, so you're sort of a biased on this matter? I've seen your replies too, you know.

With all do respect, do any of those companies have the public persona that Apple does? Let's face it, Apple makes themselves easy to hate.

With all do respect, do any of those companies have the public persona that Apple does? Let's face it, Apple makes themselves easy to hate.

Steve Jobs make us easy to hate. Apple is just a company that makes a lot of nice devices and machines. It's just not for everyone.

I guess I spoke too soon.

Can you name a single other phone that will drop a call at a decent signal strength because you touched it wrong (and of course, you touching it wrong = a normal way of gripping the phone)?

Some of you fanboys are just utterly ridiculous.

It only drops the calls if you touch it in the special spot where only Uncle Teddy is allowed to touch me. Err I mean the phoen.

APPLE rushed it, perhaps?

Sorry, Apple is 100% at fault. They could've haulted Foxconn manufacturing. They could've pushed back the release date. They had all control to find and resolve this issue.

Maybe QA made a mistake and this issue was not found in the QA process? I mean seriously, you don't find a problem as big as this and intentionally release the product anyway. That's what you're making it sound like though, as if they knew the issue existed and pushed the product anyway.

I don't label people. They label themselves. lol

But think about what you're saying though, why would Apple want to make their bars drop drastically like that on purpose? It doesn't make any sense if they skewed it.

I thought we were separating the signal bar problem and the antenna design issues? It doesn't make any sense now, but if they skewed the SNR bars way back when and mistakenly carried that problem forward...

There's a difference. Android and Windows are SOFTWARE-ONLY. When there's a hardware issue, it isn't their fault.

Apple controls the WHOLE EXPERIENCE. This is ENTIRELY their issue. Seriously, dude... Apple made a mistake here. Simple as that. Admit it and move on.

Unfortunately, for Apple, this could all have been averted had they received the information from the phone they were field testing, but was lost in a bar by a certain engineer. They remotely killed it and wiped any data that could have been used.
I'm sure they had more than one of these engineers testing it.

Maybe QA made a mistake and this issue was not found in the QA process? I mean seriously, you don't find a problem as big as this and intentionally release the product anyway.

No?
Seems like Apple continued to release the product even knowing they're flawed. They event went as far as creating an internal memo saying they won't warranty the phone!

Steve Jobs make us easy to hate. Apple is just a company that makes a lot of nice devices and machines. It's just not for everyone.

I hate to keep going back and forth like this, because it feels like I'm harping on you, and that's not my intention.

But really? Steve Jobs = Apple

They are one and the same.

BTW, are you an Apple employee? You said "Steve Jobs make us easy to hate."

Maybe QA made a mistake and this issue was not found in the QA process? I mean seriously, you don't find a problem as big as this and intentionally release the product anyway. That's what you're making it sound like though, as if they knew the issue existed and pushed the product anyway.

Maybe you should stop drinking the apple koolaid? They hired signal engineers THE DAY THE IPHONE 4 RELEASED as well as had that internal memo.

I hate to keep going back and forth like this, because it feels like I'm harping on you, and that's not my intention.

But really? Steve Jobs = Apple

They are one and the same.

BTW, are you an Apple employee? You said "Steve Jobs make us easy to hate."

It could be possible his mind is being remotely controlled from Apple HQ.

Stop drinking the hater-aid.

There is obviously a problem, but pointing it out makes you an Apple hater? I don't care what more there is in the story, the discussion is about the mistakes they made now.

You realize you're only quoting me and not him, so you're sort of a biased on this matter? I've seen your replies too, you know.

I didn't think I had to his bias is very obvious. I just don't buy the Apple marketing like you do, sure they have made some cool stuff. However I think all their computer related stuff is overpriced, and not worth but about 2/3 of what they think it is.

So, we choose from incompetence or malice.

Back