Apple 27" LED Cinema Display

I believe that's just the update, it looks for bootcamp already installed (I think). Snow Leopard is only $29; if I can't find it from a friend I'll just purchase it.

I believe that's just the update, it looks for bootcamp already installed (I think). Snow Leopard is only $29; if I can't find it from a friend I'll just purchase it.

This is 100% correct. The Boot Camp 3.1 download at the official Apple website is an update only. It still requires 3.0 which is included with Snow Leopard.

Hmm, just chatted with Apple rep online and he said that in order for the cinema display to work with my pc, I need to buy this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TY153LL/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

He said the minidisplay port on my Radeon 5970 is different than what's on the Apple, so I need to buy that. Anyone know if this is accurate?

Well he is wrong on that device working. It is single link and limited to 1920x1200 resolution. I assume you would want to run a full resolution.

On the DP issue, there have been conflicting reports on this. Some reported working, some reporting there was a 5xxx series bug.

@addictedto60fps: As far as I know, the first ATi Radeon card that was confirmed to work over DisplayPort with the iMac 27" was the 4890. ATi severely fubared the 5000 series and the only 5xxx cards that ever worked over DisplayPort were the 5870 Eyefinity 6 and 5970 cards. ZOTAC and Palit later released nVidia GeForce GTX 4xx cards with DisplayPort which worked out of the box with the iMac 27".

Considering the ATi Radeon 5970 has been confirmed to work like a dream out of the box on the iMac 27" (see http://forums.appleinsider.com/showpost.php?p=1526374&postcount=134), I am assuming it should also run fine with an Apple LED Cinema Display 27". I don't know why an Apple tech would advise you to purchase a Gefen DVI to Mini DisplayPort Adapter. Perhaps he had confused the 5970 with the older ATi Radeon 5xxx cards which in fact DID require the Gefen adapter (On the iMac 27" the 5870 non-Eyefinity card needed the Gefen adapter and the 5970 did not).

Last edited:
Note of interest for PC users - my Mac cannot control the backlight on this display without its USB cable plugged in, so presumably it is not controlled via DDC. You'd think this could all be handled over DisplayPort but I'm sure it's a basic implementation.

Anyway, I've now put four of these displays through their paces and have yet to see one with acceptable uniformity. They suffer from the same issues as many of the iMac 27" and the 24" ACD before it, namely yellowing in certain parts of the screen. It may be the center half (vertical) or the bottom half (horizontal) or a good sized splotch elsewhere but it's there... except on the display model, of course. It's not something that will be fixed by firmware or in later week productions. This seems to be an inherent problem with LG's LED IPS displays... too bad.

I am picky to be sure, so you can take the above with a grain, but I stand by it. Not sure where to go from here... NEC PA271W? Any suggestions?

Note of interest for PC users - my Mac cannot control the backlight on this display without its USB cable plugged in, so presumably it is not controlled via DDC. You'd think this could all be handled over DisplayPort but I'm sure it's a basic implementation.

Likely rules out anything but bootcamp.

Anyway, I've now put four of these displays through their paces and have yet to see one with acceptable uniformity. They suffer from the same issues as many of the iMac 27" and the 24" ACD before it, namely yellowing in certain parts of the screen. It may be the center half (vertical) or the bottom half (horizontal) or a good sized splotch elsewhere but it's there... except on the display model, of course. It's not something that will be fixed by firmware or in later week productions. This seems to be an inherent problem with LG's LED IPS displays... too bad.

I am picky to be sure, so you can take the above with a grain, but I stand by it. Not sure where to go from here... NEC PA271W? Any suggestions?

LG seems to have second rate quality control. The NEC won't likely change anything. I always see the same complaints about the LG panels in Dells/Apples/NECs.

But being very picky and enjoying any LCD is problematic.

My NEC 2690WUXI was certainly acceptable (before its inverter started buzzing) so that's the main reason I'm considering the PA271W. Surprised there hasn't been more discussion of it around here. Really only about $100 more than the ACD assuming you don't pay tax on it, though I am concerned about the coating.

NEC 2690UXI original version had an A-TW extra polarizer which eliminates white glow and also had a less aggressive AG coating.

If you upgrade to a PA271W you will get off angle glow and you will have a stronger AG coating.

I also think with smaller dot pitch AG will be more noticeable.

And it is still an LG IPS panel so uniformity/tinting issues will always be an issue.

Didn't notice glow on the ACD; didn't look for it though. Glow is still much less of an impediment to color work than uniformity problems.

I don't particularly want a wide gamut display, but I could manage. Good point about the AG and smaller dot pitch. Even more reason for LG to go easier on it. Really, someone needs to step up and compete with LG.

Really, someone needs to step up and compete with LG.

Yeah, I really don't like the coatings on the U3011 or PA271W. The ACD27" is my last line of defense from switching from IPS back to TN.

Is there a reason that only LG makes IPS panels? Do they have some sort of patent on the technology?

Yeah, I really don't like the coatings on the U3011 or PA271W. The ACD27" is my last line of defense from switching from IPS back to TN.

Is there a reason that only LG makes IPS panels? Do they have some sort of patent on the technology?

In TVs Panasonic also builds it's own IPS LCDs, but it doesn't build panels for anyone else or for monitors.

LG certainly do own some patents likely license others. Since others have their own technologies that the think are competetive that they have patents on (MVA, PVA). Or they figure they will just go for TN panels that are the biggest market.

Each group keeps refining it's own technology.

This is too bad if you are a fan of the unique IPS characteristics as LG really does seem to have the worse QA in the business for more dead pixels and more uniformity issues as well as using the strongest AG coating.

Ashok0 - looks like you're right. This will work on my Radeon 5970, per the reader's comments below. However, what's concerning is that he says the brightness option doesn't function properly, even with bootcamp installed. Not good for us pc users, if true. Found this on the customer reviews section from Apple's website:

My only other complaint is that Apple does not offer a PC standalone driver for brightness except through bootcamp. When not using my macbook pro, I hook it to my pc with an ATI 5970. While it works, the only way to control the brightness properly is to first adjust the brightness on my macbook pro. The monitor then remembers the setting on the pc. I cannot recommend this monitor for PC only users with no macs to hook it to given the lack of drivers for brightness control. (NOTE: Installing bootcamp on a pure non-Apple Windows PC does not properly control brightness in my experience.)

http://store.apple.com/us/reviews/MC007LL/A?mco=MTkxMjg3NjU

Last edited:
Ashok0 - looks like you're right. This will work on my Radeon 5970, per the reader's comments below. However, what's concerning is that he says the brightness option doesn't function properly, even with bootcamp installed. Not good for us pc users, if true. Found this on the customer reviews section from Apple's website:

I wonder if there is any chance he didn't realize you need USB to control brightness. He may just be hooking up USB on the mackbook for sound and doesn't use that on the PC.

When I found out it was USB for the brightness control, I thought that it would work for certain if you had the proper bootcamp/drivers.

I wonder if there is any chance he didn't realize you need USB to control brightness. He may just be hooking up USB on the mackbook for sound and doesn't use that on the PC.

When I found out it was USB for the brightness control, I thought that it would work for certain if you had the proper bootcamp/drivers.

Yeah, I'm still hazy on whether or not brightness works correctly on PC. Early reports from owners are currently all over the map. Here's 2 quotes from the following thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1023270

I have tried old acd brightness modifier programs and even found a way to get boot camp installed on my pc. The closest I was able to control brightness was the hack with boot camp, however I could only control brightness less than 50%. For some reason, I could not obtain the brighter settings even on the max setting.

My 27" works perfectly fine on my PC. Intergrated mic, speakers, webcam all work fine. As for adjusting brightness, I installed bootcamp 3.1 and the 27 ACD update for 64 bit and can change brightness from 0 to 100 percent. Running windows 7 64-bit with no mac partition.

One says brightness on the PC works fine, the other says the exact opposite (this actually appears to be the exact same guy who posted at the Apple website). Go figure. Well, I ordered an LED Cinema Display 27" this past weekend. Hopefully I'll have the display and a full PC focused review by next week, but Apple still hasn't shipped mine yet. :confused:

Last edited:
Ashok0 - I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but don't know if I should. Regardless if the boot camp thing works or not, my sister has a MacBook Pro. So, I guess if I want to change the brightness, I could always borrow my sister's MacBook Pro. But it would suck to have to keep borrowing it every single time I want to change the brightness. :mad: I guess I'll just wait and see what happens once you get yours, but I don't know if I have the patience to keep waiting. :p

Wow, on Apple's site people are only giving the monitor 3.5 out of 5 stars cumulative in the reviews. Seem's that a lot of people don't like the super glossy.

Wow, on Apple's site people are only giving the monitor 3.5 out of 5 stars cumulative in the reviews. Seem's that a lot of people don't like the super glossy.

True, but for the people who like glossy, they're giving the monitor very good reviews.

the only people who would buy this for a pc are people who like glossy screens . . .but the people who do like glossy rating it nice :)

Apple has faced a storm of criticism everywhere since they went glossy. Glossy rage is much worse than AG rage. It is also harder to deal with for Apple customers since iMacs only come in Glossy. If you want matte, you have to go with the inadequate Mac mini or the ridiculously expensive pro.

"super" glossy as opposed to regular glossy? is there a real difference here?...not sure what this means

Can't say I have much sympathy for those people though. Do a little research and find out exactly what you're getting first, then spend wisely. As if there aren't any options for someone seeking a high res matte display or that they're forced to shop only at Apple or something. :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

Well, I got my Apple LED Cinema Display 27" last night! I thought I'd do a quick write-up of my experience with the new ACD27" versus the DELL U3011 which I recently returned due to its aggressive AG coating.

First off the bat, I've seen numerous comments that Steve Jobs hexed the ACD27" with Apple voodoo mojo and made the display compatible with MACS ONLY. Eric Franklin @ CNET says it's incompatible with PCs, AnandTech docked it for having no brightness control on PCs, and I've seen user comments on the Apple store forum claiming it doesn't work on PCs. Well, I hate to break this to Apple cultists whom really want to believe that the mighty Mac is the only option for using the ACD27", but it works on my PC with full functionality. Connected the mDP and USB cables on the ACD27" to my PC and everything worked. The mic, USB 2.0 ports, ambient light sensor, iSight camera, speakers, and microphone all work great. (Update: To adjust brightness, simply download 'Boot Camp Software Update 3.3 for Windows' from Apple.com. Do not install this. Simply open the file in WinRAR and extract and launch: AppleControlPanel.exe). If I launch the Apple Control Panel utility I can adjust the brightness from 0-100%. I've heard reports that on a PC you can't really control the entire brightness range, but every notch on the brightness slider bar does in fact work for me. The lowest setting is very dim, and the highest setting is brighter than an atomic bomb. I set it to around 65% and it looks gorgeous.

The other major complaint I've heard about the ACD27" is the glossy screen. If you're looking to use this screen in a well lit room such as an office environment, I wouldn't recommend this monitor as it will have quite a bit of glare and I imagine you will be doing a ton of shadow boxing. That being said, I have it set up in a fairly dark room. I only have one window with shades, and there is no other ambient light. The white LED backlight from the ACD27" is NOT bright enough to create any noticeable reflections from my face, unless I stick my head about a foot in front of the screen and really search for my own reflection. I was watching some dark scenes from the "Collateral" Blu-Ray Disc and it looked GREAT with no reflections when sitting a couple feet back.

I have also read complaints on poor color uniformity and a yellow tint plaguing many iMac 27" and ACD27" screens. No such effects here. AnandTech also criticized the monitor for having a subpar color gamut due to using a white LED backlight versus CCFL. I'm no video expert and I'm just using the display for casual movies and gaming, but to me the color is fine and doesn't look any different than my U3011.

Next I'll make a few comments on the actual functionality of the display. There is no adjustable stand, but to me the default height is very comfortable. The brushed aluminum design is sturdy and I'd say it looks much more attractive than DELL's black plastic look. The only connectivity option is one miniDisplayPort connector. I use the Atlona AT-DP400 to convert from DVI to mDP, and it works great on my GTX260. No lag and no image degradation. I can see the screen during POST and in the BIOS setup. I cloned the ACD27" with a Hanns.G TN monitor and could detect no input lag when playing "Left 4 Dead 2". I also have an XBOX360 that I want to use, but it's an older VGA model without HDMI. VGA models do work with the ACD27" but seem to be limited to 480p and requires the following daisy chain:

XBOX 360 (vga) -> XCM 1080p HDMI cable (vga -> hdmi) -> Atlona HD620 (hdmi -> mDP) -> ACD27" (mDP)

In my nVidia Control Panel, I setup multiple displays with my Hanns.G as a test, and it worked fine. No issues with extending a display across the ACD27" and another monitor. The ACD27" shows up as HDCP compliant so Blu-Ray Discs will play fine. I actually still like to play old MS-DOS games from time to time, like Diablo, StarCraft, System Shock, Baldur's Gate, etc. One feature I've used with older games is the no scaling feature of my nVidia card (the U3011 even had built-in 1:1 scaling). For example, I can set my GTX260 as follows:

nVidia Control Panel > Adjust desktop and size position > When using a resolution lower than my display's native resolution > Do not scale

If I play games at a low resolution i.e. 1024x768 with no scaling, they normally run in a box with black bars on the top, bottom, and sides. I prefer having a crisp image in a box versus having a blurrier image stretched full screen for older games that were not written to run at high resolutions. Unfortunately, the nVidia "Do not scale" feature DOES NOT WORK with the ACD27". I have my card set to "Do not scale" but all games run full screen regardless if the in-game resolution is set lower than 2560x1440. I could be mistaken, but I thought the nVidia "Do not scale" feature used a software driver to force 1:1 pixel mapping, so in theory it should work with any monitor? I know the ACD27" has no fancy built-in scaler like the U3011, but I wouldn't think this would matter since to my knowledge the nVidia card is supposedly doing all the work? If any other video gurus out there have some insight on this issue, any comments would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE--->
I successfully fixed the 1:1 pixel mapping problem with my GTX260! For some video cards, "Do not scale" features seem to not work out of the box with the ACD27", but this can be fixed by modifying your Windows registry to override Apple's EDID values. I have no idea if this problem is specific to my PC, the GTX260, nVidia cards in general, or if ATi cards are even effected. Either way, I have posted detailed instructions to force driver level 1:1 pixel mapping on the ACD27" further on down in this thread. (Update: With nVidia's newer Detonator drivers, this issue seems to be resolved)
<---UPDATE

Overall, the ACD27" is a very solid display. For any PC buyers, there is no reason to own a Mac to fully use this display's features. Obviously, opinions on the screen treatment of the ACD27" are going to be subjective, and there will be always be debate over glossy vs. aggressive AG coatings. I think its fair to say that most people would probably prefer something in between, but more mild AG coatings are only available for TN/PVA panels. For IPS buyers, the only choice is glossy (which creates glare) and aggressive AG (which sparkles). If you buy an aggressive AG screen and don't like the "sparkle", your only option is to dismantle the monitor, soak the AG layer with water for removal, void your warranty, and risk destroying an $800+ display. If you buy the glossy Apple display and don't like the "glare", you can eliminate 99% of the problem by turning off your lights and buying window blinds. While this may be a problem for some, the ACD27" looks incredible in the proper environment. My room is very dim and the ACD27" is NOT A MIRROR. It looks just like my DELL U3011, except the crystalline "sparkle" effect is now gone! In terms of clarity and vividness, the ACD27" is the best looking IPS display that I have seen to date.

My only complaint towards the ACD27" is that the display is somewhat of a mixed bag in terms of functionality. The lack of connectivity options is a bit of a hassle, but newer DP capable video cards and Atlona DP converters make this issue a minor problem. I would also prefer an OSD like the DELL U3011, as opposed to Apple's design which requires an Apple software utility. Again, not a big deal. Alas, I really do miss the excellent scaling capabilities that the DELL U3011 possesses. That being said, in my opinion Apple's somewhat bare bones design is a small price to pay given the excellent quality of the panel. I greatly despise LG's aggressive AG coating and would gladly give up the extra features of the U3011 to be rid of the "sparkle" effect.

The bottom line is that if you LIKE strong AG coatings or absolutely require a fancy internal scaler, buy the DELL U2711 or U3011. Otherwise, if you hate LG's strong AG coating but don't have a dark environment to use the ACD27", your best bet is to stick with TN panels and let the IPS market continue to mature. If you've simply been dying to own a display that looks as gorgeous as the U2711/U3011/PA271W/ZR30w minus the dreaded "sparkle" effect and have a fairly dark room in your house, the Apple LED Cinema Display 27" is EXACTLY what you are looking for. If LG doesn't switch to a more mild AG coating for their future IPS panels, I will be using the ACD27" for many years to come. :D

4.5 out of 5 stars

Last edited:
Thanks for the impressions, Ashok0. Few questions for you:

1. How does the text look? Is it just as sharp as the U3011? It's not fuzzy/blurry, like how it's rendered on Mac's OS X, right?

2. How easy is it to make the display fully compatible with pc (installing boot camp, etc.) I'm not a very technical person, so for the average user, is all that's involved is to run a bunch of executables and you're all set? When you say you installed the Apple Magic Trackpad, is that the driver that you installed or the actual mouse? Will a pc mouse work with this monitor?

3. How are the default colors and brightness? To calibrate the screen, I imagine you go through boot camp, correct?

4. Besides Left 4 Dead 2, have you played any other fps on it? If so, did you notice any ghosting/lag on those games?

Thanks for the write up!

Last edited:
but it works on my PC with full functionality. Installed Boot Camp 3.0 from the Snow Leopard DVD + Boot Camp 3.1 Update + Apple Magic Trackpad and 27-inch LED Cinema Display Update. Connected the mDP and USB cables on the ACD27" to my PC and everything worked.

Excellent that everything worked out and there is now a Glossy option for those that desire it. Since it appears the control is USB, I think anyone who correctly installs bootcamp/updates/drivers should get this to work correctly.

AnandTech also criticized the monitor for having a subpar color gamut due to using a white LED backlight versus CCFL. I'm no video expert and I'm just using the display for casual movies and gaming, but to me the color is fine and doesn't look any different than my U3011.

That is a ridiculous complaint from Anand. 99.9% of users are better off with a standard Gamut than an extended one, it is much easier to get realistic colors standard Gamut.

I could be mistaken, but I thought the nVidia "Do not scale" feature used a software driver to force 1:1 pixel mapping, so in theory it should work with any monitor?

That is very strange. That is what should happen and how it worked when I had my 3007-HC with no scaler. Also I just set my monitor to scale to test this (as it gets broken in drivers sometimes). When I set NV drivers to let my monitor scale, classic apps go full screen, but even with my monitor on scaling, if I set my NV drivers to "do not scale" it over-rides my monitor and I get the black box around and 1:1. So the drivers do over-ride the display. There should be nothing the display can do about this. The card should be sending full res with black box to the screen. Maybe the screen size is too new and is throwing off the NV drivers. Make sure you are on latest, maybe send a note to NV support.

If you buy the glossy Apple display and don't like the "glare", you can eliminate 99% of the problem by turning off your lights and buying window blinds. While this may be a problem for some, the ACD27" looks incredible in the proper environment. My room is very dim and the ACD27" is NOT A MIRROR.

Well a mirror sitting in the dark, is still a mirror, you just can't see it. :D

Ashok0 - Thanks for the review, much appreciated.

I've been using my 27" iMac in target display mode as the secondary display for my PC and I pretty much agree with what you wrote. It sits next to my PC's NEC 2490WUXi (which I also use as secondary display for my iMac with a quick cable swap) and I'm super happy with both.

1. How does the text look? Is it just as sharp as the U3011? It's not fuzzy/blurry, like how it's rendered on Mac's OS X, right?

The U3011 has a dot pitch of .252mm. The ACD27" (and U2711) are actually both slightly sharper with a dot pitch of .233mm. I haven't used OS X but text is razor sharp in Windows 7. If you've seen a DELL U2711 display, text on the ACD27" will look identical, except there will be no AG "sparkle".

2. How easy is it to make the display fully compatible with pc (installing boot camp, etc.) I'm not a very technical person, so for the average user, is all that's involved is to run a bunch of executables and you're all set? When you say you installed the Apple Magic Trackpad, is that the driver that you installed or the actual mouse? Will a pc mouse work with this monitor?

I have no clue what the Apple Magic Trackpad is. "Apple Magic Trackpad and 27-inch LED Cinema Display Update" is literally Apple's fancy name for Boot Camp v3.1.39 Update. I guess when you update from v3.1.0 to v3.1.39, updates are installed for the ACD27" and the Magic Trackpad, which PC users need not worry about. The monitor doesn't need any special peripherals.

I don't think setting up Boot Camp is terribly difficult or technical. It boils down to plugging in the ACD27" USB cable into your PC and executing three files in Windows:

BootCamp64.msi (Install Boot Camp 3.0)
BootCamp_3.1_64-bit.exe (Update to Boot Camp 3.1)
BootCamp_3.1.39_X64.exe (Update to Boot Camp 3.1.39)

Once you install the above files, you're all done. You don't need to to worry about any type of settings. Boot Camp will now always be running in the background.

3. How are the default colors and brightness? To calibrate the screen, I imagine you go through boot camp, correct?

The display defaults to 50% brightness which looks pretty satisfactory. It was a tad dim for me so I cranked it up to around 65%. To calibrate the brightness you just click:

Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Boot Camp > Brightness

A slider bar will pop up and you can slide it left and right. Very easy!

4. Besides Left 4 Dead 2, have you played any other fps on it? If so, did you notice any ghosting/lag on those games?

Well, I fired up some Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2, and Dead Space today. I didn't notice any ghosting/lag on those games. They looked the same to me as my last TN monitor!

Last edited:
great review Ashok0 this display looks very promising . . . Finally a glossy panel at 27 inches . . . with a tight dot pitch . . .
can color still be adjusted from windows since there is no osd

great review Ashok0 this display looks very promising . . . Finally a glossy panel at 27 inches . . . with a tight dot pitch . . .
can color still be adjusted from windows since there is no osd

Yes, you can adjust any monitors color from windows using the video cards LUT. In fact that is how almost all monitors are calibrated.

Well, I've got some great news regarding the Apple LED Cinema Display 27"! I've found that 1:1 pixel mapping DOES in fact work with my nVidia GTX260!!! :D

Having a 1440p screen is great, but I find that older games like Diablo or StarCraft look quite bad when stretched across 2560x1440. Unfortunately, with my video card set to "Do not scale", games were always running full screen even when their in-game resolution was set lower than 2560x1440. I don't know if this problem is specific to my PC, the GTX260 card, nVidia cards in general, or if ATi cards are even effected, but if anyone else runs into this issue there is a work around!

After a long struggle, I found that 1:1 pixel mapping can be successfully enabled with one simple change to the Windows registry as follows:

1. Open Regedit by going to Start->Run and typing regedit and clicking OK.

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\

3. You should see several folders that look something like
{42cf9257-1d96-4c9d-87f3-0d8e74595f78}. This string of numbers and letters is called a
GUID. If you open each GUID, many of them contain a subfolder called "0000". You need to open each "0000" folder and find the one that has the most Names in the right window.

4. Right click the "0000" folder that has the most names and select New -> Binary Value

5. Set the binary value name to: OverrideEdidFlags0

6. Set the binary value key to: 06 10 26 92 00 00 FF FF 04 00 00 00 7E 01 00

7. Reboot

The ACD27" will now correctly perform 1:1 pixel mapping through your video card. No more stretched out video when running those old classic legacy games!

^ Thanks for your review and hard investigative work. I am sure that EDID registry setting was a pain to learn about.

I have been waiting for a high-res, >1920, glossy monitor for a long, long while. This looks to be it.
If folks don't want glossy why not get the Dell U2711 instead of this? The LED backlight?

Anyways there are hardly any glossy desktop monitors at 24 inches and even fewer larger. I do not believe there are any glossy IPS panels, no 30" glossy screens, and no glossy option with a resolution greater than 1920. Hearing all these complaints about glossy/glass makes me worry they may stop making glossy LCDs. I understand having a different opinion but non glossy options are a PLENTY. This glossy monitor is definitely in the minority.

The colors and specs may not be as accurate as some monitors and the glass may reflect like the good ol' universally loved CRTs (I personally think there is something people inherently like about looking through glass even if it can create unwanted reflections) but after seeing this in person I came to the conclusion, and a good friend of mine agrees,

This is simply the best LOOKING monitor / TV / display screen that has been made. <-Yeah that is a period.

As soon as they are available at Best Buy with the 3 years no interest option I will own one.

The upcoming ATI 6870 has just been reported to have 2xDVI, 1xHDMI, and 2xMINI DISPLAYPORTS!!! Does this mean that this is compatible with the ACD 27 out of the box without converters? :)

The upcoming ATI 6870 has just been reported to have 2xDVI, 1xHDMI, and 2xMINI DISPLAYPORTS!!! Does this mean that this is compatible with the ACD 27 out of the box without converters? :)

Yeah, it looks the AMD Radeon 6000 cards will work out of the box with the ACD27"! :)

Back