Apple 27" LED Cinema Display

Plug and play, no problem for me. I don't know why you'd need the atlona thing unless you were aiming for a multi-monitor setup and your dp port was already occupied.

3rd monitor came yesterday, it's working in 2d surround brilliantly. Played a bit of Dark Souls with widescreen fixer and some vanilla Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Arkham City and GW 2 (these 4 work very nicely with 2d surround.)

Anyway, to give you an idea of what a 7680x1440 workspace feels like:

http://i.imgur.com/dkd2G.jpg

And this is what Borderlands 2 looks like

http://i.imgur.com/NPCN4.jpg

BTW, gaming on these monitors is insanely smooth, even with 2x 2GB 670s. I question the need to go to 4GB or 3GB cards for the time being, even with ultra settings and crotch-punching levels of AA I am getting great performance at 7680x1440.

That being said, should I look to sell off my 2GB 670s and buy 4GB 670s or (shudder) 2 3GB Xfire AMD 7970s for around the same cost?

I'm not a big AMD fan, having been burned by Opteron in the enterprise side of this stuff where I spend most of my time, but I can potentially be convinced that their GFX cards are srs business. What say you hard forum?

Last edited:
Plug and play, no problem for me. I don't know why you'd need the atlona thing unless you were aiming for a multi-monitor setup and your dp port was already occupied.

NM, it has a mini HDMI port on the back, not display. ANy place to buy that, checked that site out but don't really know which one it would be.

I have no idea, I can see plenty of hdmi to display port but not the other way around.

Either way, you'd max out at 1920x1200 over HDMI I believe, HDMI technically could support a 2560x1440 signal (there's enough bandwidth) but for whatever reason it's locked to 1080p or lower.

Whenever 4k televisions start being sold a lot of people are going to be pissed about having to buy all new BD players and whatnot.

Last edited:
Just letting my fellow [H] members know that I threw up a Pixel Perfect + Dust Free (VERY rare) 27" ACD on Fleabay. I'm sure it's something a few people here would be interested in since these problems are very prevalent in ACD's and all the other 27" IPS screens. You'll know which one it is when you search for it. Thanks.

Finally re-arranged my room due to the glare from the ACD, and also picked up some new audio equipment! I think it looks even better now:

FpO6alY.jpg

eVPSKvL.jpg

mTXplyW.jpg

NR2EiLF.jpg

Is anyone using an nVdia card hooked up via Dual Link adapter and can see the bios screen. Mine goes blank until i can log in. I want to add another SSD and stuff, but it's a pain hooking up my other monitor just to do this. Also people with AMD cards and MiniDsp ports can you se start up and bios and all that good stuff.

Picked up a new Razer Manticor to complete the setup:

GN9Oc5P.png

DwA1nlV.png

Now, just need a second GTX690!

Picked up a new Razer Manticor to complete the setup:

http://i.imgur.com/GN9Oc5P.png[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DwA1nlV.png[/IMG

Now, just need a second GTX690![/QUOTE]

What is your headphone amp/dac setup?

Hi guys,

My Apple Led Cinema display has always worked great. Connected it to through displayport connector and everything just worked. Until now :(

When I updated to Windows 8 I'm unable to use the display. AMD Catalyst control center complains about that there is a "link error". I've tried to install the latest bootcamp drivers for the display and also tried with two catalyst versions.

Have anyone here had that problems or have managed to get it working on windows 8?

If you have it working on Windows 8, which graphics card and driver do you use?

I'm thinking of connecting it through HDMI using an adapter, maybe it'll work on the motherboards onboard graphics card.

Cheers,
Johannes

Anyone here able to get the isight camera working in Windows 7 or Windows 8? Device Manager shows a ? for it and it's not working.

Anyone here able to get the isight camera working in Windows 7 or Windows 8? Device Manager shows a ? for it and it's not working.

Windows 7 and 8.1 recognize it as Display iSight under Imaging Devices as it does other cams but there is a duplicate item (also named Display iSight) that always appears under Other Devices. I've never had problems using the iSight with gChat or Skype.

you need to manually install the bootcamp drivers for the cam to work in win 8/10.

Sorry to necro post here, but has anybody had luck daisy chaining two TB displays in windows? The daisy chain works for all USB devices and partially for video, but the primary display goes black and only the daisy chained display shows an image. I read this is because apple uses the thunderbolt protocol "improperly" but wasn't sure if anyone found a way to make it work on windows. Thanks!

Back