Anyone remember Tron 2.0?

merlin704

The Great Procrastinator
Man, I just watched a couple of videos and remembered how much of a blast that game was when it came out.

I think it still looks good but I wonder if there are any hi-res mods for it?

Yeah, I played that game years ago lol! Pretty good game. The graphics really captured the soul of the movie.

Wasn't it a quake 3 engine game or something... If so then there is definately the ability to do one. Actually no it wasn't, it just looked like one. Lithtech Jupiter engine. There were mod tools released for that a while back, and the killer app mod adds widescreen. From here.

Last edited:
P1020055.jpg

That game was actually really good, but after HL2 was delayed I lost all hope.

I remember there was one level where you had to overclock the CPU and increase the cooling. Then there was another where you had to outrun the defrag.

2.0 was a real joy to play. I was hoping that it would bridge the gap for Tron Legacy but apparently not... :(

Definitely a great game. The fry's by my old house still has 2 for sale for 20 bucks... still waiting for them to go down in price :p

As for high res mod, I doubt it. But if you find one, lemme know.

still have that game and it is still wonderful

too bad monolith went down the shitter, they used to make the most wonderful and best games. (IMO)

I installed this about a year ago, played it for a bit. I got it working in win7, I think I had to patch the launcher to get it running though.

no real need for a hi-res mod, the game looks great and its a great game.

its one of those games where you have a lot of cool weapons but you have to try and play the game with the disk only (there are a few points were using the sniper rifle is a must.

you add into it that small amount of rpg where you can allocate (upgrade your skill version) to your skills.

I actually never finished that game, I was a good game, but there was something missing IMHO, still wouldn't mind to install again it and finish it when I have some free time :)

Back