Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

I'm arranging for an exchange, unfortunately. :(

Mine has been fine (not even a dead pixel) but recently I noticed that the right 1/3 of the screen is brighter than the left. If I drag a white window from left to right you can see it. At first I thought I was imagining things but I had my wife watch me do it - and she saw it to. And if she sees it... well let's just say it's obvious. lol

Does it take a bit for the backlight to warm up on this thing? I can notice the sound of the backlight for about the first 25 minutes but other than that, so far really happy with it. I need to order a longer DVI cable to hookup my PC now.

Mine never completely quits making that high pitched whine. Fortunately you only notice it in a silent room or if you are very close to the screen. It's much worse when you first turn it on but after a bit of a warmup it's OK.

Riptide_NVN said:
Mine never completely quits making that high pitched whine. Fortunately you only notice it in a silent room or if you are very close to the screen. It's much worse when you first turn it on but after a bit of a warmup it's OK.

Good to know it's not just mine. It's not bothersome after a few minutes and as long as the volume isn't too low I'm fine. Just got done hooking up one of my PC's to it and watched a 1080p version LOTR:FOTR on it. It was so gorgeous I can't wait until I get my HD cable box and a HTPC hooked up to it. Next step, dual Dell 30"s on the desktop.

LittleMe said:
Good to know it's not just mine. It's not bothersome after a few minutes and as long as the volume isn't too low I'm fine. Just got done hooking up one of my PC's to it and watched a 1080p version LOTR:FOTR on it. It was so gorgeous I can't wait until I get my HD cable box and a HTPC hooked up to it. Next step, dual Dell 30"s on the desktop.

Yep same here, but the whine (which is just barely audible to begin with) goes away after a couple of mins, or at least I can't hear it anymore, I have a loud case.

LittleMe said:
how did you attain a 1080p copy of that!?!?!?!? Thats awsome! nice, enjoy it! ;)

Oh I know where he got it... But it's not exactly legal nor keeping with the rules to point it out here. :p

Almost down... err got it myself. But I already have the DVD9 versions so I figured why bother. Sure it looks nice though, no doubt.

There are legal places to buy it from Europe. Lost the link for now but it rocks and so does the copy of Underworld I have. Kate looked incredible at 1080.

Hey guys, how do you hook your cable tv to this bad boy? I dont' see a connection for it. haha

noobtech said:
Hey guys, how do you hook your cable tv to this bad boy? I dont' see a connection for it. haha

It doens't take coaxial connection, so you'll have to run it through a VCR with composite or s-video. Or use a cable box.

Can you upload pix of your Westinghouse? I saw that coupon for 20% off and I am SUPER tempted to look for it tomorrow. I currently sold my 2405FWP since I found a FW900... but damn. 37" and it actually seems really great for gaming. I don't know what to do now... should I keep the FW900 or say go for broke... :confused:

:)
tv1.jpg

tv2.jpg

tv3.jpg

tv4.jpg

tv5.jpg

tv6.jpg

hrm i like your tv stand/entertainment thing, whered u get it? thanks. =)

hey ratbird. What LCD is that. I know its a westinghouse 37", but how come yours is black kand not silver???

Deutch420 said:
hey ratbird. What LCD is that. I know its a westinghouse 37", but how come yours is black kand not silver???

its a new one all together
it just came out
got it at bestbuy, they didnt even have it on display yet

pros: it great in every way visual wise

cons:slight light bleeds with the brightness all the way up and the lights off
the speakers are crap

mike_j_johnson said:
LED??? 0.o

yeah the new dlps dont have color wheels
instead they will use color leds, which sounds sweet
dlps suck if you have a window right in front, facing the tv, basically washing out everything
which is why i had to stick with lcd, which i have no complains about, well besides not having the biggest picture possible

Those new DLP's without the colorwheel's are great. The colorwheel was a problem for me. I'm still wanting an LCD with LED backlighting though.

LittleMe said:
Those new DLP's without the colorwheel's are great. The colorwheel was a problem for me. I'm still wanting an LCD with LED backlighting though.

samsung has something like that, but i think it a monitor not a tv if im not mistaken

How much are yall paying for the new 37W3?

I went to my best buy and they didn't even have it.

bandit390 said:
How much are yall paying for the new 37W3?

I went to my best buy and they didn't even have it.

Best Buy can get it to you via their warehouses but generally do not carry it in-store. I was just at my BB yesterday and had the guy look up the LVM-37W3 and it showed 17 available and they offer it at 1899.99. I told the guy I could get it 1649 shipped and they dude said he could give me that price.

the 1649, I just pulled out of my ass but if you take something to them showing that it is cheap (ive seen it as low as 1599) they price-match.

So is this LVM-37W3 a great monitor for PC/PCGaming/TV/DVD/Console-Gaming?

neocvera said:
Best Buy can get it to you via their warehouses but generally do not carry it in-store. I was just at my BB yesterday and had the guy look up the LVM-37W3 and it showed 17 available and they offer it at 1899.99. I told the guy I could get it 1649 shipped and they dude said he could give me that price.

the 1649, I just pulled out of my ass but if you take something to them showing that it is cheap (ive seen it as low as 1599) they price-match.

So is this LVM-37W3 a great monitor for PC/PCGaming/TV/DVD/Console-Gaming?

ive been using it for exactly that, it works perfect so far
it has also made me realize that most monster cables are a waste of money, like the one i just purchased and refunded for my 360

the only thing i worry about is the lifetime of this panel, im not sure how tv lcds compare to monitor lcds, as for my computer monitors i havnt had one break on me ever, have had them for about5 to 6 years, and this on for a year.
hmmm, what worries me is the fact that i heard a friend of mine, his plasma just blew up on him within the 90day warranty. So now im thinking of paying the 250$ plan for bestbuy incase it breaks within 4 years....im still not sure, is it worth the investment?
any feedback?
thanks

magnetik said:
They have it at J&R right now for $1549 + $99 shipping.
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4076904

I'm very tempted to jump on this... however, if there is a single dead pixel I'd want to return it. I don't want to spend an extra $200 to ship it back and have a replacement shipped back to me.

What's everyone's experience with ordering this monitor through J&R or Crutchfield?

Edit: I also noticed that amazon.com has the exact same pricing ($1549 + $99 S&H)

chiablo said:
I'm very tempted to jump on this... however, if there is a single dead pixel I'd want to return it. I don't want to spend an extra $200 to ship it back and have a replacement shipped back to me.

What's everyone's experience with ordering this monitor through J&R or Crutchfield?

Edit: I also noticed that amazon.com has the exact same pricing ($1549 + $99 S&H)

Same question here. If their return policy is something like dells.( return for any reason, free shipping) I'll order one now.

chiablo said:

i almost bought my tv at jandr their return policy sucks, they wont take dead pixels
and after 3 days you have to deal with westinghouse

ratbird said:
i almost bought my tv at jandr their return policy sucks, they wont take dead pixels
and after 3 days you have to deal with westinghouse

Good information there, thanks.

ratbird said:
ive been using it for exactly that, it works perfect so far
it has also made me realize that most monster cables are a waste of money, like the one i just purchased and refunded for my 360

the only thing i worry about is the lifetime of this panel, im not sure how tv lcds compare to monitor lcds, as for my computer monitors i havnt had one break on me ever, have had them for about5 to 6 years, and this on for a year.
hmmm, what worries me is the fact that i heard a friend of mine, his plasma just blew up on him within the 90day warranty. So now im thinking of paying the 250$ plan for bestbuy incase it breaks within 4 years....im still not sure, is it worth the investment?
any feedback?
thanks

i went for the extra warranty, because BB does a 4 year warranty after westing's house's 1 year so 5 year warranty total

and BB' warranty is crazy, 1 dead pixel, they replace it

Yep, getting it at BB with price match makes the most sense.

As for life.... providing no physical damage.... archeologists should be able to power it up and watch it 100,000 years from now. LCD life is not known, they haven't existed long enough to know. Once LED backlights are the norm, the backlight bulb is out of the picture too. Again 100,000's of years life span for LEDs lying dormant.

i thought lcd's generally have a 50,000 hour lamp life? so that's only 5.7 years if you keep it on continuously...

Back