Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

Well got my 37w3 in yesterday and hooked it up, it looks awesome as a pc monitor. Everyone was right, if you had any questions about the blurred lettering and such, there is none!
Ill try to get some shots asap and let you see what I have. Worth every dollar to me, now if I just had HD programming it would really top it off.
Good luck to everyone, I dont have any pixel issues as of yet.

i plan on getting the 32 on black friday... has the same resolution as the 37... but im wondering... how do you run it at 1366 x 768 ??? under display properties i can go 1360 x 768... is that what everyone runs it at???

edit... wrong westy version this thread is about 1980xWhatever... but anyone got an answer to my question anyway??

in windows right click the desktop, then properties, then settings and then change to 1366x768

Groto said:
in windows right click the desktop, then properties, then settings and then change to 1366x768

if you bothered to read what i wrote... i said under display properties i can only have a setting for 1360x768...

Well on my 32 inch I tried it but the letters looked like washed out watecolors so I never used it as a pc monitor again, not a westy though.
Anyhow somewhere there you will find some advanced settings in that same window where you can set custom if you really want. I didnt try it as there were some other setting I wasnt famiiar with and didnt want to create some issue I couldnt fix. But the other option is set it at what you listed and run the overscan/underscan option and resize it to fit the desktop and it will automatically set the new res, which will be closer to what it should be. Something along this anyhow.
And right the 32 isnt the same, it is that 1366X768 I think, and the pixel density is probably worse, I dont remember but you can look that up. I guess if its what you can afford its better than other stuff plus pretty cheap, and I assume it will have as good a picture as the 37 and up do. Even on my 32 at that 1366x768 the picture looked great but I just couldnt read the small print, it was horrible.
good luck

Opeth said:
Haha, I read that too fast. VGA.

Have you by chance compared both?

I have both cables... not sure which would be better to use. I am thinking VGA for the DVD Upscaling, but I don't watch many movies. As far as games go, anyone know which would be better?

I have both and I cant tell the difference between the two? And yes I'm running it at 1080p, although the games arent using it. I have not however played any DVD's on the system though?

escapist13 said:
As promised, pics of my new Westy that got here on Weds. Glad to say zero dead pixels and no UPS ground shipping damage from J&R (3000 miles away).

Let me first say that it is hard to take pictures of how good this screen looks. It's just TOO bright for the camera but amazing in person because our eyes have a much greater dynamic range. All these pics were taken with the Westy's backlight at ZERO.

Oh and if anyone is hesitant that this screen can't handle text and would be inappropriate for a dedicated computer monitor (like I was), don't worry about it. It's crisp and gorgeous. :eek: And this is coming from a guy who's coming from an NEC FP2141SB CRT (for sale, BTW).

The new Jerker setup.
Westy1.jpg

A downloaded 1080p trailer.
Westy2.jpg

hrm, what kinda laptop is that? ive got a e1705 with a 256mb go 7900gs and im hoping it can run the westy. all i do is watch dvds and play wow on it.

also, what kinda dock/bay station is that? do u need 1 to output to the monitor or what?

thanks. =)

I just purchased the 42" Westing b/c BB has stopped carrying the 37" W3 model and is going to stop carrying the W3 42" as well but I'm sure they have a W4 coming out soon enough and wow.. pretty amazing picture and for the price it is tuff to beat. For the price of a 30" dell I got a 42" 1080P monitor that pretty does everything well at 1900x1200... I'm most likely not going to do SLI so gaming at a higher resolution isn't really hurting. Wow this thing is amazing!

Best buy had this on sale for 1599. I got a coupon in the mail for 12% off and 0% financing. I walked out the door with the extended warranty for about the same price as stickered ~1500. I figure I did pretty well :)

What kind of graphics card setup is required to run one of these with decent FPS? (Decent FPS being ~70)

Hi guys,
I was wondering how bad is the screen door effect on this beauty. Since the pixel pitch is pretty big at .4something I was wondering how close you got to the screen before u noticed the screen door effect. Thanks

Unless you are sitting closer than about 16 inches, you won't even see the individual pixels. At about 6 inches the grid becomes noticable.

In other words, screen door effect isn't even a minor issue.

DOES the Westy display the PS3 in 1080P over Component? My main video game forums is under construction, sorry if its readily knowable.

nintendk said:
DOES the Westy display the PS3 in 1080P over Component? My main video game forums is under construction, sorry if its readily knowable.

Connectors

QTY TYPE FORMATS SUPPORTED

1 HDMI(R)-HDCP + L/R Audio 480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

2 DVI -HDCP + L/R Audio 480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

1 VGA/D-Sub/RGB + Audio mini jack 480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

2 YPbPr Component Video + L/R Audio 480i/p, 720p, 1080i

HDMI, DVI or VGA is required for 1080p input.

/edit I should mention that some people have had success with 1080p over component I haven't tried it myself so I only posted the specs from westinghouse.

i am not able to display 1080p through component on my xbox360
so im not suprised, now i just need a vga cable

ratbird said:
i am not able to display 1080p through component on my xbox360
so im not suprised, now i just need a vga cable

yeah 360 doesn't support 1080p on component highest is 1080i.. but that's ok since through the vga cable it not only supports 1080p output it also scales everything :) dvd included!

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently considering the Westinghouse LVM-37W3, but I'm still a bit concerned about the viewing distance. I have a cheap Ikea desk which is only 26" deep, so I'm concerned that I'll have to turn my head to see the edges of this thing. I'm guessing every inch is going to count here, so does anyone have any pics of the the monitor from the side, possibly with a ruler? From my estimations, the screen itself will be about 6" from the wall if I use the base and it's hugging the wall (are there any ventilation issues with that?), but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, does anyone use the 37" with a short desk? Any experiences?

Sorry if this has been asked/posted before... I skimmed the 40 pages of the thread but didn't see any side pics.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone test the image quality from PC to VGA @ 1920x1080 ? I don't have a VGA cable handy :( I am trying to figure out my (future) PS3 configuration, since I only have 1 DVI port that takes 1080p. How is the PC image quality over VGA compared to DVI?

wowee im amazed.

I'm from aus and am very tempted to ship one from excaliberPC.com.
Any other ideas guys? Is this a decent store?

i'ld like to find out about excaliberpc aswell, they seem to have good prices and not crazy shipping too :confused: i wanna know if its legit or not...

Can anyone post their optimal COLOR/BRIGHTNESS settings for this display. I'll be getting it here tomorrow or tuesday and want to be able to set this badboy up right away.

Also, how good (probably NOT)/bad are the speakers with it. I have a logitech z5300e setup in my office and I can hook up 2 items to my Audigy 2 eX Platium breakaway box for external audio (one optical = HD DVR / one composite = xbox 360), which leaves me having to hook up my ps2 to the audio on the back of the westy. Is it good enough to play some Guitar Hero 2 along with (and i Dont play anything else on the ps2 so it doesnt need to be 5.1)

would the westy's speakers suffice?

thanks and SO GLAD IM IN THE WESTY CLUB!

thenixhex311 said:
Can anyone post their optimal COLOR/BRIGHTNESS settings for this display. I'll be getting it here tomorrow or tuesday and want to be able to set this badboy up right away.

Also, how good (probably NOT)/bad are the speakers with it. I have a logitech z5300e setup in my office and I can hook up 2 items to my Audigy 2 eX Platium breakaway box for external audio (one optical = HD DVR / one composite = xbox 360), which leaves me having to hook up my ps2 to the audio on the back of the westy. Is it good enough to play some Guitar Hero 2 along with (and i Dont play anything else on the ps2 so it doesnt need to be 5.1)

would the westy's speakers suffice?

thanks and SO GLAD IM IN THE WESTY CLUB!

Congrats. Check page 11, I've posted my settings. Note that I've since backed down the brightness to 10, it's just too damn bright.

ironforge said:
they have it for $999 at J&R right now, www.jr.com.
tax only in NY and shipping I think is ~40-60ish.

Wow that is ridiculously cheap! Ugh and to think how much I paid for it a year ago :mad:

ironforge said:
they have it for $999 at J&R right now, www.jr.com.
tax only in NY and shipping I think is ~40-60ish.

WHAAAT. I just bought it from them on the 19th for the $1169 and its being shipped right now?

Is there anyway i can call them, and get some money credited back or something beause of the recent price change.

morfinx said:
Anyone test the image quality from PC to VGA @ 1920x1080 ? I don't have a VGA cable handy :( I am trying to figure out my (future) PS3 configuration, since I only have 1 DVI port that takes 1080p. How is the PC image quality over VGA compared to DVI?

Anyone?

jakescakes said:
WHAAAT. I just bought it from them on the 19th for the $1169 and its being shipped right now?

Is there anyway i can call them, and get some money credited back or something beause of the recent price change.

I would give them a call and see what they say.

Anyone who has this? Can I swivel the monitor base left right / up down. I got this to be my computer monitor and also cause you need a big monitor to play mulitplayer Wii. Funny I know, the Wii just screams out for a big tv when you play multiplayer games, and yet it is only 480p.

DHL says mine is coming today... but its already 4:40PM. I am starting to loose hope in that happening...

Viper87227 said:
DHL says mine is coming today... but its already 4:40PM. I am starting to loose hope in that happening...

Nearly 9PM. Still not here, tracking number still says today though.I took the damn day off work so I would be home to sign too.

Fuck you, DHL

Back