Anyone get their Steam Deck ordered?

I wonder, if I go back into the queue starting now, will my steam deck be available by this time next year? lol.
I kinda want to wait for a hardware refresh but i have no idea how that's gonna work with year long preorders.
Look how long they’ve sat on the index…and…all their other hardware disappeared too. No controller refresh, steam link…gone…

Look how long they’ve sat on the index…and…all their other hardware disappeared too. No controller refresh, steam link…gone…
Luckily they still support the steam link, its a great little piece of hardware. The deck might take its place at the tv though, we'll see.

From what I've seen, there is a much higher demand for the deck compared to the link.

I would think it would get a refresh at some point.

Got mine yesterday. I haven't played any games on my steam library, but I have been playing around with using linux as a desktop and getting emulators working. Tbh, it's not that bad of an experience. Emudeck seems to be legit. Takes a playing with though.

Got mine yesterday. I haven't played any games on my steam library, but I have been playing around with using linux as a desktop and getting emulators working. Tbh, it's not that bad of an experience. Emudeck seems to be legit. Takes a playing with though.
I love the emulators, been playing some old NES and Atari Lynx games.

IMG_2807.JPEG

Been trying to get a couple of Switch games working but they are unresponsive once they load up.
they aren't frozen, it's just like none of the buttons do anything.

I love the emulators, been playing some old NES and Atari Lynx games.

View attachment 499669

Been trying to get a couple of Switch games working but they are unresponsive once they load up.
they aren't frozen, it's just like none of the buttons do anything.
When I set up games under rpcs3 I had to configure the controller for each of them before controller input worked. Might be similar for whatever switch emu you're trying to use.

When I set up games under rpcs3 I had to configure the controller for each of them before controller input worked. Might be similar for whatever switch emu you're trying to use.
Using Yuzu.

EDIT: I got it working. In the control config there is an input setting, and it was set to keyboard only.
Also had to install firmware files to get the Mii selection working in Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:
Got my notification yesterday for the 512 GB model but am not sure I'm going to order it. It's hard for me to justify it at this stage. A couple of months after I put in my reservation, I got a Lenovo Legion 7 with a 3080 for gaming and 3D work. Plus, my gaming has gone way down.

Does anyone know if it is possible to request a different model? Maybe the 64 GB model is more easily justified.

EDIT: NVM, I read the FAQ and I'd have to cancel my reservation and enter the queue again.

Got my notification yesterday for the 512 GB model but am not sure I'm going to order it. It's hard for me to justify it at this stage. A couple of months after I put in my reservation, I got a Lenovo Legion 7 with a 3080 for gaming and 3D work. Plus, my gaming has gone way down.

Does anyone know if it is possible to request a different model? Maybe the 64 GB model is more easily justified.

EDIT: NVM, I read the FAQ and I'd have to cancel my reservation and enter the queue again.

You're going to spend an extra $60 at least to get a 512GB SD card if you were to cancel and get the 64GB model. Factor that into your decision if it's worth waiting another 5 months to save money on not buying the 512GB model.

Reactions: Axman
like this
After being fucked over and selling off my GPU before the market crashed along with my account and then spinning it around into switch OLED yeah it's one the best gaming choices I ever made. Anybody still on the "PC is good at games" train is in for a rude world when everything is SOCs from vendors that don't work or don't show up. Gamers don't touch PCs, I get that now.

After being fucked over and selling off my GPU before the market crashed along with my account and then spinning it around into switch OLED yeah it's one the best gaming choices I ever made. Anybody still on the "PC is good at games" train is in for a rude world when everything is SOCs from vendors that don't work or don't show up. Gamers don't touch PCs, I get that now.
Lol. "Gamers" play everything, not just switch or pc. :p

You're going to spend an extra $60 at least to get a 512GB SD card if you were to cancel and get the 64GB model. Factor that into your decision if it's worth waiting another 5 months to save money on not buying the 512GB model.

I decided not to order it - I just can’t justify it and I found the page which shows which games in your library are compatible, somewhat compatible, and not compatible at all. That sealed the deal.

Everything I have tried that’s not a competitive online game with an Anticheat has worked. That compatibility list isn’t very accurate.
For example surviving mars is listed as not working but works just fine.

Everything I have tried that’s not a competitive online game with an Anticheat has worked. That compatibility list isn’t very accurate.
For example surviving mars is listed as not working but works just fine.
The only game I've tried on it that had a game breaking bug was bloodstained ritual of the night, and that may have been fixed by now.

Just checked my status and it changed to Q3 (July-September). I will expect it by September sometime then given I ordered in Mid December last year. Funny thing is I was doing laundry the other day (a big pile) and it took like 2 hours and was thinking I could have used the steam deck then, but then I thought, it might not have lasted the 2 hours depending on the game.

Just checked my status and it changed to Q3 (July-September). I will expect it by September sometime then given I ordered in Mid December last year. Funny thing is I was doing laundry the other day (a big pile) and it took like 2 hours and was thinking I could have used the steam deck then, but then I thought, it might not have lasted the 2 hours depending on the game.
You can tweak settings and get better battery life. I typically cap everything at 40fps and it helps a lot.

Reactions: maro
like this
This waiting for them to provide a tracking number is killing me. Oh well soon we will have ours. Then need to get our micro set cards.

The battery life isn't bad for most of the games I've played. FFVII Remake was the most intensive, from what I can recall, and probably would have lasted about 2 hours, but less intensive 3d games have much longer battery life.

like this
A friend was just notified that his 512GB model is ready to be ordered. Valve really is picking up the pace.

like this
Received my 512GB model yesterday from FedEx. FedEx just left it on my porch and didn't even require a signature. I had to rush home on my lunch break to get it in the house before prying eyes would take it. The box even had a label with Steam Deck 512gb clearly on there. It was shipped out of their Chicago warehouse on Saturday and I was suppose to receive it on Tuesday but it got delayed at FedEx for two extra days for the dumbest reason- operational delay don't know what that means never seen it before. I was afraid the FedEx employees might try to steal it with that label on their stating what was in the box. Steam needs to change their packaging to be a little more discreet.

I've spent a few hours with the thing and I'm clearly impress. Will do more tinkering over the weekend.

I had to rush home on my lunch break to get it in the house before prying eyes would take it. The box even had a label with Steam Deck 512gb clearly on there....I was afraid the FedEx employees might try to steal it with that label on their stating what was in the box. Steam needs to change their packaging to be a little more discreet.
All of this 100%. Too many products these days ship in their own retail packaging that clearly labels what the device is, inviting people to come steal it before you even take delivery of it. Not that the packaging matters, cuz people will steal packages even if they don't know what's inside. Well I'm glad you managed to get your Steam Deck in your hands before someone tried to take it. Package theft is far too common these days. A friend of mine in Baltimore had an entire porch bench stolen from him before he could get to the package. A fucking bench, really?! People will steal anything. It made him real nervous about the OLED HDTV that was getting delivered to him later that week. You bet your ass he was keeping an eye out for that (although it would be impressive if someone had managed to come by and steal a 77" HDTV). My mom had a hosta plant in front of her house that she loved and took care of for 20+ years, and then one day some jackass came and stole it. They stole a fucking plant. Unbelievable. I see why more and more people are putting cameras up in front of their homes. I've seen video compilations of package thieves caught on camera. Makes me wish we could have automated gun turrets guarding our front doors.

I've spent a few hours with the thing and I'm clearly impress. Will do more tinkering over the weekend.
Have fun with that thing. Messing around with it is a blast, whether you are playing Steam games, games from other platforms like GOG, emulators, using it as a PC or whatever. It feels like buying a console that is pre-soft-modded. If the thing had 6 cores and a slightly more powerful GPU I would be all over it. I got my eye on Steam Deck 2...

Received my 512GB model yesterday from FedEx. FedEx just left it on my porch and didn't even require a signature. I had to rush home on my lunch break to get it in the house before prying eyes would take it. The box even had a label with Steam Deck 512gb clearly on there. It was shipped out of their Chicago warehouse on Saturday and I was suppose to receive it on Tuesday but it got delayed at FedEx for two extra days for the dumbest reason- operational delay don't know what that means never seen it before. I was afraid the FedEx employees might try to steal it with that label on their stating what was in the box. Steam needs to change their packaging to be a little more discreet.

I literally just got the notification from FedEx that mine delivered, also from Chicago warehouse with no signature required.

No one will be home for like 4 hours 0.0

Edit: Just looked at the delivery photo, it’s not even my porch!!!! Luckily it appears to be in a second box and it’s likely at the same numbered address on the adjacent street, where Fedex has f’d up before. I guess Greenlawn and Greendale are too hard for people that deliver packages for a living to differentiate.

Edit 2: Well the worst case scenario happened. I asked my neighbor to check the porch of the house with the same # on the adjacent st, she said there was no package on the porch and she knocked, no answer at the door. This was just just 2 hours after delivery. My gf went there a couple hours later, knocked, they came to the door and said there was no package. So, either it was stolen from the porch in a 2 hour window, or my neighbor, or the people in the house are lying and took it themselves. The photo Fedex took confirms it was definitely that porch. This absolutely blows.

Last edited:
I literally just got the notification from FedEx that mine delivered, also from Chicago warehouse with no signature required.

Edit: Just looked at the delivery photo, it’s not even my porch!!!! Luckily it appears to be in a second box and it’s likely at the same numbered address on the adjacent street, where Fedex has f’d up before. I guess Greenlawn and Greendale are too hard for people that deliver packages for a living to differentiate.
FedEx is the problem. The people doing FedEx deliveries don't actually work for FedEx.

Edit 2: Well the worst case scenario happened. I asked my neighbor to check the porch of the house with the same # on the adjacent st, she said there was no package on the porch and she knocked, no answer at the dor. This was just just 2 hours after delivery. My gf went there a couple hours later, knocked, they came to the door and said there was no package. So, either it was stolen from the porch in a 2 hour window, or my neighbor, or the people in the house are lying and took it themselves. The photo Fedex took confirms it was definitely that porch. This absolutely blows.
Gawd damn man, that fucking sucks. Shit. I hope something can be done about this.

Edit 2: Well the worst case scenario happened. I asked my neighbor to check the porch of the house with the same # on the adjacent st, she said there was no package on the porch and she knocked, no answer at the dor. This was just just 2 hours after delivery. My gf went there a couple hours later, knocked, they came to the door and said there was no package. So, either it was stolen from the porch in a 2 hour window, or my neighbor, or the people in the house are lying and took it themselves. The photo Fedex took confirms it was definitely that porch. This absolutely blows.
Wow... Sorry to hear all that :(. Jeez...

Gawd damn man, that fucking sucks. Shit. I hope something can be done about this.
Me too, I’ve reached out to FedEx and should have some sort of answer Monday. I also reached out to Valve to see if I could at least not have to re-enter the queue for a replacement once I (fingers crossed) get reimbursed for the original one. Hopefully also so they can brick the stolen one.

Back