Anyone finding the GTX 690 online?

Deads0uls

Limp Gawd
I am hoping that as midnight approaches so GTX 690s will come online.

Has anyone had luck finding one?

I'm waiting for the 8gb version of the GTX 690 which will be about the same price

Was there ever a 6GB 590? Wouldn't hold breath for 8GB 690.

I know they had 4GB versions of the GTX 580 for CUDA, and they're going to be coming out with 4GB versions of the GTX 680 for gamers. I could definitely see a (really expensive) 8GB GTX 690.

I'm waiting for the 8gb version of the GTX 690 which will be about the same price

You just say random shit? First of all you can see Kyles comments in 690 thread, Nvidia is making all the GTX690s, no one else is making them. We won't have different versions. Second of all, even if there was, why the hell would it be about the same price?

And no there was no 4GB version of the GTX580 for the other guy. There were 3GB GTX580s, and the Quadro cards went up to 6GB I believe, but 4GB isn't even possible.

No it's hasn't been released yet. I'm just gonna SLI two 680s. Probably cheaper to go that route.

I have my 480s in SLI but I like the thought of taking back some of my PCIE slots.

Was there ever a 6GB 590? Wouldn't hold breath for 8GB 690.

I won't settle until there is a 12GB, or better yet 16GB version, 8GB RAM per GPU is a must.

Actually, that day will probably one day come, we'll look back at 4 or 8GB cards as puny.

Why not just have dimms on video cards so we can install as much vram as we want?

Because GPU's run the memory busses at very high frequencies. The signal paths have to be as short as absolutely possible. Adding a DIMM slot would lengthen the path the signal has to travel, easily doubling the time it takes to reach it's destination (i,e, frequencies would be cut in half, or latencies would be doubled). Then there's the noise issues that are inherent to contact connections that high frequencies tend to magnify.

There's 2 different part numbers. The signature one is still available for pre order. Difference looks like a tshirt.

I won't settle until there is a 12GB, or better yet 16GB version, 8GB RAM per GPU is a must.

Actually, that day will probably one day come, we'll look back at 4 or 8GB cards as puny.

I hope I'm still alive when video games finally require 16GB of VRAM, given the pace they are advancing these days.:rolleyes:

So far and they sold out in less then 10 minutes.

The pre-order for the Signature is still available and it's only $50 more. That's a small premium when you're buying a $1000 graphics card and nothing compared to what you'll pay to get one after they all sell out.

The question being, when does the signature model ship.

I remember scoffing at people who bought the 6MB canopus pure 3d ;). RIP 3dfx, RIP.

The question being, when does the signature model ship.

Yeah that is the only thing that is holding me back, that and I would like to grab one off of NE instead as I like to pay cash (paypal).

I would think NE will get some....:confused:

Some guy has 2 on ebay selling them for 2100 a pop. Pisses me off as he probably prevented me from snagging one.

Speculators need to be dragged out into the road and shot ;). Not really but it is annoying.

Some guy has 2 on ebay selling them for 2100 a pop. Pisses me off as he probably prevented me from snagging one.

Yup he probably took yours and mine, and just wants to make a buck. I agree drag them in the street and hang them.

Sure, when we all have three 30" 4k monitors. Until then, 2GB per GPU has proven to be plenty enough up to 5760x1200.

I dunno man there were a lot of VRAM limitations on the 580s 1.5 GB when hitting those resolutions and the 3GB helped a ton. I have been waiting for the FTW 4GB so I can do 5760

No it's hasn't been released yet. I'm just gonna SLI two 680s. Probably cheaper to go that route.

How is it cheaper when 680s are $500 and the 690 is $1000?

We'll have to see actual release prices, but based on MSRP there is no difference.

I dunno man there were a lot of VRAM limitations on the 580s 1.5 GB when hitting those resolutions and the 3GB helped a ton. I have been waiting for the FTW 4GB so I can do 5760

I would not say there were "a lot" of limitations. "Rarely at very high resolutions" seems more apt.

Hard to believe, but the speculator on ebay listing them at 2100 a pop (plus 40 s/h, lol...) apparently sold them both already for that price. Sometimes I am disappointed to be a human being, and today is one of those days.

Hard to believe, but the speculator on ebay listing them at 2100 a pop (plus 40 s/h, lol...) apparently sold them both already for that price. Sometimes I am disappointed to be a human being, and today is one of those days.

edit: and to be clear, I don't only mean the greedy piece of shit that took two of them from people that actually wanted to buy one and then marked them up over 100%, I'm also talking about the moronfuck that paid 2100 a pop for them to enable this kind of ridiculous behavior. :(

edit2: argh I double posted instead of editing my last post. Ah well.

Last edited:
edit: and to be clear, I don't only mean the greedy piece of shit that took two of them from people that actually wanted to buy one and then marked them up over 100%, I'm also talking about the moronfuck that paid 2100 a pop for them to enable this kind of ridiculous behavior. :(

edit2: argh I double posted instead of editing my last post. Ah well.

Well he obviously didn't take away your opportunity to buy one this morning because he's selling the Signature version which is a pre-order from EVGA not expected to ship till the end of this month.

Back