Any news on BattleField 4 ?

LOL

Stop people from moving or shooting back at me!

On a serious note, I would love to see an ejection system for the jets in BF. I think it would be neat if you hit E (or whatever your exit button is) and it would start an irreversible animation that would last a few seconds where your character presses a few buttons and pulls the eject lever. Then you would rocket out of the jet. This would stop the insta-bailing and be a lot cooler.

Just an idea.

It keeps going.... Please don't equate that forum with this one, nothing but trolling over there. Wait.... :eek:

The fact Flosser would say "I dont see a problem" just tells me he's out of touch and doesn't actually play the game. Anyone that's played the game since day 1 and has followed those forums trying to get or exchange information knows what a wasteland of stupidity and gamerkids it is. You literally cannot have an intelligent conversation without a flood of nonsense and trolling taking over. Anyone that tries starting a thread to compare strategies, or ask for tips on certain vehicles or aircraft, or what have you - its an avalanche of "OMG UNINSTALL AND KILLYOURSELF NOOB" type posts, pretty much no moderation there. The PC forum is bad enough, the console forums are even worse presumably due to the lower average age.

Played the game. Those thread examples are cherry picked. You could do the same on almost any forum, this one included. Not defending it as much as I'm trying to convey reality to the delirious.

I hope it isn't in. Get decision regarding that in BF3. If it is in BF4 there has to be a way to globally mute all mics on every server. 99% of the time you get:

1) People abusing the mic.

2) People thinking they are important because they are speaking doing nothing but distracting their team mates. They will give "orders" or "advice" that is worthless and not helpful and complain when it does not work, and continue to pretend they are relevant by issuing more "orders".

3) Giving outdated or entirely irrelevant information for you.

Dude, stop playing on slum servers.

Anyone bitching about BF2's voip has no fucking idea what they're talking about.

It made pubbing that much more funner when you were able to find a group playing together.

LOL

Stop people from moving or shooting back at me!

I think he's referring to pilots bailing the second they become compromised/lose a dogfight, then parachute to the ground and start fighting there. For obvious reasons, it's kind of retarded and his complaint is valid. Been around since 1942 and many mods for BF games have addressed that issue.

I think he's referring to pilots bailing the second they become compromised/lose a dogfight, then parachute to the ground and start fighting there. For obvious reasons, it's kind of retarded and his complaint is valid. Been around since 1942 and many mods for BF games have addressed that issue.

I guess we should stop people from exiting tanks, humvees, motor bikes, etc before they blow up as well. Same retarded logic, and the complaints in prior BF games had nothing to do with not scoring a kill, it had to do with retards who would use jets as an ultra fast transport medium and thereby waste team resources.

Air Superiority mode isn't good enough?

Also what Blade-Runner said.

No, actually it had everything to do with people denying their assailant's kill as well as transport use. And yeah, exiting vehicles right before they blow up is pretty cheesy. At least, most people think so, and that's why mods like Project Reality and Forgotten Hope exist and prosper where the retail game faltered. You don't have to agree with it, and that's why they have the arcade-style, dumbed down derp fest for you to enjoy in all your glory.

No, actually it had everything to do with people denying their assailant's kill as well as transport use. And yeah, exiting vehicles right before they blow up is pretty cheesy. At least, most people think so, and that's why mods like Project Reality and Forgotten Hope exist and prosper where the retail game faltered. You don't have to agree with it, and that's why they have the arcade-style, dumbed down derp fest for you to enjoy in all your glory.

"Denying" eh? I call that there survivin'.

I'll call your version of "Sir, sign your death-warrant before entering this vehicle." a dumbed down derp fest for you to enjoy in all your glory.

See what I did there? :D

So since we both have our dumbed-down versions to enjoy, we argue over preference.

I prefer Coke over Pepsi. Can we argue about that? ;)

gQ0kp4p.png

Currently there is more info on impending DLC than the actual game.....all aboard the hype train!

choo-choo-motherfucker.jpg

On a serious note, I would love to see an ejection system for the jets in BF. I think it would be neat if you hit E (or whatever your exit button is) and it would start an irreversible animation that would last a few seconds where your character presses a few buttons and pulls the eject lever. Then you would rocket out of the jet. This would stop the insta-bailing and be a lot cooler.

Just an idea.

That's a clever idea, not just for this game but for others too (Planetside 2, I'm looking at all you fucks who bail right when your ESF/Lib lights on fire!).

None of this matters if they don't fix the connection issues. Game is nearly broken atm. I seriously doubt this game will actually make improvements on bf3 beyond the graphics.

I am glad I get into the beta free bc there is no way in hell I will pre order without a taste.

I am glad I get into the beta free bc there is no way in hell I will pre order without a taste.

I like BF3, but I'll wait for the Beta to make my buying decision.
Too early right now, the best pre-order deal on this game is yet to come.

I got the BF3 PO with the Ammo Pack, Beta Access, two free games and B2K. Reducing the game cost to ~$20.

All bf3 premium member get into the bf4 beta. Well, supposedly. As with everything ea, that is subject to change.

Sure, back when it was a small community of hardcore hobbyist gamers, you may not have run into mic spammers and idiots as often... nowadays though, public voice chat is worthless in virtually all cases, and generally destructive. IF they bothered to waste time to implement a feature that would barely be used for any actual gameplay purposes in today's "me me me, I'm so important listen to me!! ME!!!!!!" society, they would NEED to have a global option to mute voice chat that players could toggle, which would affect all servers (like a game setting in the options). I mean, you can't even control yourself here on a text forum discussing the idea without starting to become sarcastic, bitter, and cursing while ridiculing anyone else's thoughts but your own... and we are supposed to think if someone didn't drop a medpack in the game when you asked right that instant, you wouldn't yell at them?

So you argue against my point by... coming up with a solution? Why not advocate for a fix, instead of ripping a feature out? Like someone said earlier, you people have no fucking clue if you actually think taking in game chat out is a good idea.

Previous BF games, you would simply squad up, or create a squad. You could talk to anyone in that squad, and they back to you. If they were irritating, you could leave that squad. If you wanted to control annoying kids, you could start your own squad, and kick/block people you disliked. Even the commander could be voted out.

AND MOST OF ALL, you could turn down the fucking volume if you wanted. Same with proper PC games, such as Planetside 2. Simply turn it down and have a CHOICE.

Arguing against your own CHOICE is just stupid, or at least painfully ignorant. I'd certainly consider that more offensive than sarcasm towards illogical arguments. The irony here being your comparison of my sarcasm to spammers in a game... but you responded?

And one more dose of sarcasm for you... Gee, I am struggling to find a thread on Planetside 2 forums in which someone is asking to take away the VOIP function. Imagine that, a forum for a PC game not full of silly requests to remove game-enhancing features, and over here we have a PC forum full of people advocating removing features from their console port. Brilliant.

Anyone bitching about BF2's voip has no fucking idea what they're talking about.

It made pubbing that much more funner when you were able to find a group playing together.

Indeed it was.

Last edited:
"Press x to enter the boat"

Xbox?

Look closely at the top right screen during the gameplay, looks like a backspace key and the words "battlelog"

Is that saying hit the backspace key to access battlelog? Sounds like a PC with an xbox controller.

BF4 "Angry Sea" Single Player footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBSbxjkLXuU

i'm usually not a negative-nancy about things but this looks really uninspired. the usual cacophony of never-ending action, noise, bright lights and explosions. it looks like something we've played a hundred times already. i'm sure multiplayer will rope me in like all previous Battlefield games. I hope DICE is let loose creatively for the next game and we get a 1942 or 2142 successor.

All that matters is how the commander will be deployed in this game.

I myself want a exact carbon copy of the BF2 commander, ah the good times (enemy boat spotted ! - in a desert map :p )

Must have list for BF4 :

- Commander that really matters (control the flow of the game, just like bf2)
- VOIP integration done good (can mute, normalize high volume and only let you use it after calibration)
- 5 man squad with squad leader (can spawn only in the leader, no more 4 medic man squad like in bf3)

Hard to believe the BF4 sequence was not scripted..I mean clearly it looked like it was setup to not be, but man, blowing the pillar in an underground station to bring the tank down and blowing it up, then knocking down the skyscraper..hell, that was impressive if real. Need a better quality video of that, for sure.

CALM DOWN PPL !

Dont let the hype eat your brains.

Calm down and relax, lets wait for actual gameplay footage.

i really like these anti-hype pills :D

I'm not sure how they are going to implement this, but now you can be commander on your iPad/tablet/smartphone? Waaaaaacky.

The actual gameplay footage was displayed for all to see, but it seemed a little scripted. Me thinks all 64 peeps had some instructions to follow so we could see some "wow" moments. I mean... no one was hitting anything except the squad we were mostly following. lol

OMGFOGMOFMGOFMGOFMGOFMGOFMGOF COMMANDER AND ARTILLARY IS BACK FGOMGOFMGFMGOFMGFDMGOFMDO TIME TO PREORDERDS!!!

O SITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT MIRRORS EDGE 2 AT THE END!!!

I'm not sure how they are going to implement this, but now you can be commander on your iPad/tablet/smartphone? Waaaaaacky.

The actual gameplay footage was displayed for all to see, but it seemed a little scripted. Me thinks all 64 peeps had some instructions to follow so we could see some "wow" moments. I mean... no one was hitting anything except the squad we were mostly following. lol

Very scripted, but that's to be expected given the context. What bothered me even more was the large amount of DICE devs using controllers on PC's instead of KB/M :eek:

Back