Any news on BattleField 4 ?

For me the most popular maps of BF3 were from the Close Combat expansion. I love Ziba Tower and Donya Fortress. I don't like the huge maps with vehicles.

That's what I loved about BF3 and all it's expos. You could have either or and still enjoy it.

I'm with you. I like the smaller maps with 16/24/32 players. The giant maps where you need to use vehicles to get to the various flags kinda suck. People are complaining about the guns being the same but really it gets old when the same old tank rolls into a flag I'm defending and I'm stuck holding my defib. I still play mostly BFBC2. Conquest maps like Arica Harbor, Laguna Alta, Laguna Presa and Oasis are my favorites. Heavy Metal and even Harvest Day are a bit too big but at least Harvest Day has a couple fast moving vechicles at each flag to get you around.

I would also have liked to see the vehicles differentiated more. Especially in BF4 as they essentially feel like cut & pastes from BF3.

Though I like a variety of maps. Some infantry only, some larger ones that mainly rely on vehicles, and ones that are a good mix.

Well, I've never owned a BF game, so preordered this beast. Mistake? Hopefully not!

I wish these weren't console footage. Doesn't do them justice. Also, the small snippet I watched of Zavod looked strikingly similar to Pipeline from COD4.

This means war! Everyone copyright claim videos off of EA's youtube pages!

Meh. These console dinks shouldn't be playing a pirated copy and then bragging about the fact by postingvideos. Hope they're all console-banned.

I'm preserving my first-impressions by avoiding these low-res, crap texture console leaks. Tuesday will be here soon enough.

Last edited:
naval battles :D i hope they fix the mini turrets. Damage against players seemed kinda weak vs against armor.

Is the beta closed?

I tried firing up some BF4 but it says I need to wait until the release date. I have the Pre Order Digital Deluxe Edition.

Yes, beta ended on the 15th. On the bright side, BF4 is little more than 72hrs away. And preload begins tomorrow (around 27GB).

Not going to bite until real real reviews come out. Been a huge BF fan from the beginning and pre-ordered BF3 to show my support, but this ping smoothing shit they served us up in BF3 is a travesty. Just tonight, playing BF3 the top 3 players are all150-250 ping, and its not the first time. Constantly seeing high ping players rock awesome KDRs is frankly bogus.

So, fool me once shame on me....They have to earn my dollars now. Hoping for great reviews and and a great product, but until they prove it, meh.

i've played 660 hours in BF3 and in general (by a large margin) i've seen low ping players on top. i'm not discounting what you're saying, just weighing in with a different experience.

i've played 660 hours in BF3 and in general (by a large margin) i've seen low ping players on top. i'm not discounting what you're saying, just weighing in with a different experience.

You make a valid point and what I offered was not representative of all experiences nor even the usual. However, it is much more common than I care for. The post was more venting than anything (I blame the bourbon) given the fact that I was in actually in game when I typed that and was getting pwnt on two consecutive servers by individuals with 200+ pings. Maybe they really are that good, or then again, flanking someone and having an entire clip of controlled fire give me a nice big X only to loose to a pistol makes me doubt that.

I know the burden is on me (the player) to choose servers that have good admins, active community etc. But If I hop on and the usual favorites are a ghost town, I should not have to switch servers is players with lousy pings also start to populate.

Like I said, hoping they do good stuff with the game. Just want to make them prove it first.

got my key from gamefly today, yay

Same, didn't get a code for premium yet, but I'm not worried about that at the moment. Key activate fine. Pre-load was slow as hell, took like 7 hours, but it's done now. Ready and waiting for midnight to hit on Tuesday!

You make a valid point and what I offered was not representative of all experiences nor even the usual. However, it is much more common than I care for. The post was more venting than anything (I blame the bourbon) given the fact that I was in actually in game when I typed that and was getting pwnt on two consecutive servers by individuals with 200+ pings. Maybe they really are that good, or then again, flanking someone and having an entire clip of controlled fire give me a nice big X only to loose to a pistol makes me doubt that.

I know the burden is on me (the player) to choose servers that have good admins, active community etc. But If I hop on and the usual favorites are a ghost town, I should not have to switch servers is players with lousy pings also start to populate.

On the bright side hitreg was in my opinion remarkably improved since BF3, at least during the BF4 beta. As for higher ping people getting on your nerves, I've noticed with myself that when I start getting aggravated by little things its time to step away from the game for a while. The competitive nature of the game can just really put you in a bad mood if you get locked into a tunnelvision and forget you're just there to have fun and it doesn't matter that the same name keeps on killing you over and over or you're convinced someone is hacking - like getting nailed in a heli by "lucky" tank shots from 1000m away except its four times in a row. It is IMPERATIVE to slag it off like it never happened. I also make a point of keeping the chatbox hidden so I dont get sucked into petty shit-talking if I'm on the giving end of a beatdown and people start the hackusations. "Never let them see you sweat."

The other thing is when twitch-reflex ground pounding gets tiring, change your scenery by jumping into a tank, heli, jet.. rather than running headfirst into a fortified situation over and over and dying its often best to change angle and method of attack. I know what you're saying though.. Been there/done that on those rounds or those days that you feel you're beating your head into a wall.

Last edited:
Tip for anyone that ordered from GMG: I noticed the activation key wasn't populating in the GMG account profile under Games when you expand your Origin games. Just said "No keys available for this game". I clicked the "Download" link (which I initially ignored because it normally implies downloading a game with their proprietary downloader which was obviously not applicable with BF4) and alas there was the activation key. A bit unintuitive, but there ya go.

Last edited:

Like I said, hoping they do good stuff with the game. Just want to make them prove it first.

Made for fun.
not likely to improve such,netcode benefits those with a slightly higher ping,
playing bf4 beta, at 40-60ping is where I was hitting really good while people had trouble hitting me, low ping I was oneshotted (it isnt but seems like that) so I changed servers until I find one where the netcode benefits me.
The difference is huge, taking out a squad vs getting oneshotted by some noob spreading his gun all over the place.

its a dice EA game for kids.
anyone wanting e-sport then Bf4 and the rest of the series isnt it.

Made for fun.
not likely to improve such,netcode benefits those with a slightly higher ping,
playing bf4 beta, at 40-60ping is where I was hitting really good while people had trouble hitting me, low ping I was oneshotted (it isnt but seems like that) so I changed servers until I find one where the netcode benefits me.
The difference is huge, taking out a squad vs getting oneshotted by some noob spreading his gun all over the place.

The oneshot issue was a known bug with the damage code. It isn't a lag or netcode issue.

Sorry for probably a repeat question: Will there be [H] servers for this? I had some damned good times on those with Bf3.

Back