Any news on BattleField 4 ?

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
Well were only like 6 months away from BF4 release. Was wondering if any news or videos have been leaked yet ? Will it use a brand new game engine, or tweaked Frostbite 2.5 ? Will the maps be much larger, to compete with PS2 ? Will they bring the Commander feature back ?

What are you looking forward to, or hoping with BF4 ?

I did find this news;
EA’s CFO has seen Battlefield 4 running on a PlayStation 4
http://www.pixelenemy.com/eas-cfo-has-seen-battlefield-4-running-on-a-playstation-4/

Jorgensen went on to say that thanks to the PlayStation 4′s horsepower, it allows EA to “do a substantial amount of things that we’ve never done before. In addition, “I’ve seen the new Battlefield and it is stunning, I mean it is just amazing; what the imagination of the game developers are allowed to do with that much power,” says Jorgensen.

I imagine after the final BF3 DLC is released they will start releasing more info on BF4.

Who gives a shit what the CFO for the company publishing the game thinks? lol, that is probably the most biased of all positions

Flogger is likely right: after End Game there should be screens at the very least. I'll always look forward to the trailers because BF3's were craaaazy badass, though.

6 months from the beta release. I think we're looking at 2014 for the final game.

6 months from the beta release. I think we're looking at 2014 for the final game.

Your probably right. I just recall reading earlier, that they want a new BF game out every two years like clockwork. And that an October 2013 release, was penciled in.

I doubt it will use a new engine. What I don't understand is why they are skipping Battlefield 2143. We don't need another modern FPS game so soon/when BF3 is still going strong.

if it's all client side detection again they can stick it up their ass lol

Anyone remember Joint Op's ? I LOVED that game, I think it was out before BF2, was a very wide open realistic military shooter, like Battlefield, but with HUGE maps, and allowed 128 players, of two 64 player teams. With boats, choppers, tanks, etc...

Joint Op's felt more like a real war game, I recall one map playing, seeing waves of choppers and boats coming along the horizon to an island I was on, and then ten seconds later they landed, and a huge battle erupted. Was amazing :)

I would loike to see BF4 with much larger maps, and higher player count on maps. Graphics wise I am happy with BF3, I don't need it to look that much better.

Anyone remember Joint Op's ? I LOVED that game, I think it was out before BF2, was a very wide open realistic military shooter, like Battlefield, but with HUGE maps, and allowed 128 players, of two 64 player teams.

I do, Joint Op's FTW.

You'd probably like ARMA 2...

I do, Joint Op's FTW.

You'd probably like ARMA 2...

Thanks, I tried Arma 2 a few years ago, but it seemed crazy real, too much for me.

Joint Op's was a nice middle ground, not kiddy action arcade like Battlefield, but also not ultra real like Arma 2, was right in between those two games, as far as gameplay.

Loved Joint Ops, and the Typhoon Rising expansion. . Loved the huge maps and battles.

They have already ruined battlefield. They went from some of my favorite games of all time like 1942 and battlefield 2 to turning into a "COD" killer. This means almost all the gameplay elements have taken a step backwards which has really hurt the series for me.

EDIT : I agree with Joint Ops. Great game....loved that the heli's didnt have "static" assignments for people so you could load those big ones up with 30+ people inside of it!!! good times.

They have already ruined battlefield. They went from some of my favorite games of all time like 1942 and battlefield 2 to turning into a "COD" killer. This means almost all the gameplay elements have taken a step backwards which has really hurt the series for me.

I feel the same way, BF3 will likely be my last purchase in the series.

BF peaked with BF2, and it's only downhill from there...

EDIT : I agree with Joint Ops. Great game....loved that the heli's didnt have "static" assignments for people so you could load those big ones up with 30+ people inside of it!!! good times.

One of those mind blowing game moments for me in Joint Op's, seeing a Blackhawk helicopter land on a hill top, unload like a dozen players, and then fly off into the sunset to pick up more players. Looked so cool, and really made the game come to life.

Those type of moments are not even in the BF game anymore, if they ever were.

To me the first BF1942 is still an all time classic fav game, would love to see a new BF42 with a Frostbite 2.5 engine. Dog fights in those old WW2 fighter planes was GREAT. BF2 was also a very good game, really well done modern military shooter. I can't stand the modern fighter jets in BF3 maps, they just dominate too much, and the maps are too small for such fast jets.

I am hoping BF4 has much larger maps, easily twice the size than the largest BF3 maps is needed. More choppers, less jets.

nope didnt see any leaks of battlefield 4 but here are some fake screenshots.
23909365.png

One of those mind blowing game moments for me in Joint Op's, seeing a Blackhawk helicopter land on a hill top, unload like a dozen players, and then fly off into the sunset to pick up more players. Looked so cool, and really made the game come to life.

Those type of moments are not even in the BF game anymore, if they ever were.

To me the first BF1942 is still an all time classic fav game, would love to see a new BF42 with a Frostbite 2.5 engine. Dog fights in those old WW2 fighter planes was GREAT. BF2 was also a very good game, really well done modern military shooter. I can't stand the modern fighter jets in BF3 maps, they just dominate too much, and the maps are too small for such fast jets.

I am hoping BF4 has much larger maps, easily twice the size than the largest BF3 maps is needed. More choppers, less jets.

too bad they did remake battlefield 1942 however the gfx wasnt too special still.

nope didnt see any leaks of battlefield 4 but here are some fake screenshots.
23909365.png

I hope BF4 looks that good, nice lighting effects, looks like much higher detailed graphics, and looks like more destroyable objects.

Hopefully the GTX-780 VideoCard is ready for the release at the time this game comes out in Fall ?

Nothing to look forward to with Battlefield 4. EA is moving towards an even more console/mobile focused strategy and as we know are implementing micro transactions as their major revenue stream. So, yeah, BF4 will suck.

Only word I heard about BF4 release, was that they wanted it as a launch title for the PS4, and that it would be out in Oct/Nov, they want it out exactly two years after BF3 release, which was Oct 11' I think ? And want to be on a strict two year release window for each new Battlefield release.

Anyone remember Joint Op's ? I LOVED that game, I think it was out before BF2, was a very wide open realistic military shooter, like Battlefield, but with HUGE maps, and allowed 128 players, of two 64 player teams. With boats, choppers, tanks, etc...

Joint Op's felt more like a real war game, I recall one map playing, seeing waves of choppers and boats coming along the horizon to an island I was on, and then ten seconds later they landed, and a huge battle erupted. Was amazing :)

I would loike to see BF4 with much larger maps, and higher player count on maps. Graphics wise I am happy with BF3, I don't need it to look that much better.
NOVALOGIC'S JOINT OPERATIONS FTW...

Cool, another JO guy, I have about 2500hrs logged of JO, 1st game I ever became addicted to!

Check out my video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeBZWk7KSMI

Another battlefield game? BF3 hasn't even been out that long!

yes but they decided that idiots will pay big bucks for a map and since they sold them in packs the new one will bleed you to death.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039670120 said:
NOVALOGIC'S JOINT OPERATIONS FTW...

Cool, another JO guy, I have about 2500hrs logged of JO, 1st game I ever became addicted to!

Check out my video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeBZWk7KSMI

I was trying to remember the name of that game the other day! I played the hell out of that back in the day, ton of fun

Until I see what they are going to do with the implementation of microtransactions I won't buy BF4.

I read somewhere that with BF4 DICE would use 80% of the engine's capabilities while the next installment would fully utilize the engine. Not sure if true though.

I hope Battlefield 4 won't have the same UI is BF3... Really hate webpage based UI..

Isn't that one and the same these days? :)

I coulda sworn that the BF3 beta to full was only a few months apart.

Yes, I think the BF3 public beta was maybe July / August, at the earliest, and the final game released in October. Typically public betas today are 3 - 4 months at the most.

I hope BF4 looks that good, nice lighting effects, looks like much higher detailed graphics, and looks like more destroyable objects.

You know that pic is from a video of a fan made live action Battlefield video on youtube...I hope....right?

About BF1942, they should just MAKE a BF 1944, where it's THE EXACT SAME GAME as BF 1942, except with ADS mechanics, using the Frostbite 2 engine. I don't want anything else.

Expect more DLC, microtransactions and dumbing down all in the name of EA's misconceived goal of toppling CoD.

Back