• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any Logitech G700 mouse owners?

sathorael

n00b
Joined
Jan 10, 2012
Messages
33
Hoping someone who owns this sucker can help me out - I just got mine, and I find that any time I plug it in or unplug it from the usb charging cable, that all my games freeze or stutter for a few seconds before resuming normally. Is this normal? Thanks!
 
yes me! me! me! i have one! :D

funny but i bought this mouse with the intent of using it wired and without the battery (because of the weight) and i ended up using it wireless because swapping eneloops is A LOT better than dealing with the friggin wire. i used a G5 for 6 years and in less than a week this thing turned me into a wireless mouse guy, funny thing is that the G5 now feel all wrong in my hand lol, this shit is really awesome so that is the tip for you.
 
Thanks for the response! But could you check and see if my issue is simply how the mouse works? Like I said, I get this freeze for a few seconds, moments after I unplug the mouse. Just checking to see if that's normal, since it tumbled off my desk much to my dismay and I'm worried I fudged something up.
 
Hoping someone who owns this sucker can help me out - I just got mine, and I find that any time I plug it in or unplug it from the usb charging cable, that all my games freeze or stutter for a few seconds before resuming normally. Is this normal? Thanks!

Mine does this on some games but not all of them. It doesn't do it for Mass Effect 1, but it doesn't for Mass Effect 3, and BF3.
 
I've got one and it doesn't do it when I switch. I hear the little "bloop" sound Windows makes when you plug in a new device but it works fine. It might be a problem with the software which is buggy as hell. I have to open mine as administrator otherwise it wont detect my G700.

Ive had mine a couple days and have packed it up TWICE now to return but I want to like this thing so much. Thing is, I've been using a Deatadder for about a year and G9 for a year before that and am having a hard time adapting to this thing being taller. Ill get fed up after a couple hours and box it up and bring out the Deathadder but the next day I can't return it so I try it again. Its sitting in my car right now to be returned after work and I'm already having 2nd thoughts. It looks great and I love the extra buttons and it works great wireless.

Anybody have initial problems adapting to the taller shape then getting used to it?
 
I've got one and it doesn't do it when I switch. I hear the little "bloop" sound Windows makes when you plug in a new device but it works fine.

Ive had mine a couple days and have packed it up TWICE now to return but I want to like this thing so much. Thing is, I've been using a Deatadder for about a year and G9 for a year before that and am having a hard time adapting to this thing being taller. Ill get fed up after a couple hours and box it up and bring out the Deathadder but the next day I can't return it so I try it again. Its sitting in my car right now to be returned after work and I'm already having 2nd thoughts. It looks great and I love the extra buttons and it works great wireless.

Anybody have initial problems adapting to the taller shape then getting used to it?

I did, but after a few days of heavy gaming I got used to it and found it difficult if not impossible to go back to my G9x.
 
I did, but after a few days of heavy gaming I got used to it and found it difficult if not impossible to go back to my G9x.

Well I guess I'll unpack it for the 3re time and give it another run. LOL

Don't know why I'm having such a hard time returning this thing. Its indoctrinating me!
 
Well I guess I'll unpack it for the 3re time and give it another run. LOL

Don't know why I'm having such a hard time returning this thing. Its indoctrinating me!

I actually got mine for Mass Effect 2. I got tired of snagging the wires on my monitor stand while planet scanning.
 
What set point software are you guys using that don't get the hitching? Could it be a USB setting?
 
I tried it on a different computer - still stutters. Worried there is something wrong with it.
mind you this only happens IN game - out of game it is not noticeable.
 
What set point software are you guys using that don't get the hitching? Could it be a USB setting?

I installed the SetPoint software initially, set things up and then saved it to the mouse. I then uninstalled the software for it.
 
I actually got mine for Mass Effect 2. I got tired of snagging the wires on my monitor stand while planet scanning.

That is hilarious! That is the exact same reason I got mine. I have my keyboard and mouse on a pull out keyboard tray and its got a couple nicks on the back and while scanning, it would catch on them and it drove me crazy.

I installed the SetPoint software initially, set things up and then saved it to the mouse. I then uninstalled the software for it.

You know that's not a bad idea. I was thinking about not even using it and just using the Windows drivers instead since all I ever adjust is pointer and scroll speed.
 
LOL I love how the first guy to reply was so excited to say he owns a G700 he completely forgot to answer the question.

You guys are hilarious HAHA.

PS. I am also excited to say I have a G700. And I am also forgetting to answer OP's question.

MacLeod, I've been a claw gripper for as long as I can remember, to the point that I exclusively bought laptop mice to use on my desktop. I finally caved and bought this thing, which forced me into a palm grip. I hated it for a week but forced myself to endure, and now I'm good with it. You will learn to love it as we have. ;)
 
LMFAO!! Sorry dude.

If it just freezes for a second and then resumes with no problem, I wouldnt worry about it honestly. The G700 has an onboard memory so maybe its taking a second to sync up when you change cables cause youre changing USB ports.

If its more than you can live with, try exchanging it and see if a new one fixes it.

Oh, and as an aside, this thing is becoming more comfortable. I put my Deathadder in the closet so I wouldnt be tempted and have been banging thru ME2 for the last few hours. Think I might finally be getting used to it which is awesome! This is an awesome mouse with many more features than either my Deathadder or G9 so I want to keep it.
 
Last edited:
I do not know if the behavior you describe is normal or not, however, when switching to wired in-game with my G700 there is no noticeable stutter nor freeze -- Windows will play the new device sound notification and that is all.
 
I usually unlpug the cable before I start playing my games.

When you unplug the mouse, it is switching from USB Connection to the Wireless connection, which is why you hear the Windows Ding sound.
 
I just tried an old wired mouse and found that at least in skyrim, it also causes a brief stutter when its connected or disconnected. I'm guessing its just the way my mobo handles USB connections or something related to USB drivers/settings.
 
LOL I love how the first guy to reply was so excited to say he owns a G700 he completely forgot to answer the question.

You guys are hilarious HAHA.

PS. I am also excited to say I have a G700. And I am also forgetting to answer OP's question.

lol it was intentional, it was supposed to be funny, i was in one of those moods :p, and i did answer the question, i suggested for the OP to swap batteries, implied to a external charger and spare batteries instead of dealing with the wire which is annoying :p

I installed the SetPoint software initially, set things up and then saved it to the mouse. I then uninstalled the software for it.

me too ;)
 
OP: Okay you finally guilted me into checking for you.

While I was too lazy to open up BF3, I did pop into Skyrim and I found that my game freezes for about 0.75 to 1 second as I plug or unplug the cable.

JESUS GOD SOMEONE ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I lol'd.

Btw if you're getting a *multiple* second delay with plug / unplugging the cable maybe you should get that checked.

That or you have a really slow computer. But mine should be pretty bad as is - it's a 3GHz Core 2 Duo (E8400) / 4GB RAM / Radeon HD6950.

i suggested for the OP to swap batteries,

I think that would screw OP even more than just the slight pause of plugging in the cable.

lol it was intentional,

Don't worry man I was just playing along ;)
 
How's the battery life on the mouse for you guys? Mine's not lasting very long ;\
 
How's the battery life on the mouse for you guys? Mine's not lasting very long ;\

There are two power settings. One is for absolute performance and the other is more balanced. I am unsure what the exact terminology in SetPoint actually is at this point. As for the freezing, it happens on my machine in my signature but it doesn't happen in every game. Seems fairly normal to me. As for battery life, in general usage I get over 8-10 hours. With solid gaming I get around 6-8 hours. It feels like it doesn't last very long, but I get at least that much time out of it.
 
OP: Okay you finally guilted me into checking for you.

While I was too lazy to open up BF3, I did pop into Skyrim and I found that my game freezes for about 0.75 to 1 second as I plug or unplug the cable.



I lol'd.

Btw if you're getting a *multiple* second delay with plug / unplugging the cable maybe you should get that checked.

That or you have a really slow computer. But mine should be pretty bad as is - it's a 3GHz Core 2 Duo (E8400) / 4GB RAM / Radeon HD6950.



I think that would screw OP even more than just the slight pause of plugging in the cable.



Don't worry man I was just playing along ;)

Thanks a lot boss, finally can lay my OCD to rest. I only get a split second hang, and the pc is a jesus H battle cruiser.
 
I just tried an old wired mouse and found that at least in skyrim, it also causes a brief stutter when its connected or disconnected. I'm guessing its just the way my mobo handles USB connections or something related to USB drivers/settings.

Probably a driver issue. On linux while playing skyrim, I can connect and disconnect the mouse really fast with no issues
 
How's the battery life on the mouse for you guys? Mine's not lasting very long ;\

Dont judge it by the battery meter. Itll show fully charged (3 bars) then drop down to 1 bar in less than 2 hours but that 1 bar will last you quite a while. Its not a really accurate gauge.

Also make sure it's set to Normal Gaming in SetPoint. This turns the mouse off when its not being used. Maximum Gaming leaves it on all the time. I can tell no difference between them during gaming other than longer battery life.
 
Last edited:
Love my G700 and yes I get stutter in certain games when I plug or unplug it. My solution: Never plug or unplug the mouse during games. At least not during important moments. Part of that solution is making sure to have spare batteries nearby in case the current battery dies while gaming. I used to just plug it in at such times but yes it causes a bit of lag and in BF3 that seems to always be the moment some guy comes around the corner with a PPK.
 
I've only plugged the charging cable in at night. I've never used it in wired mode since I have spare eneloops. I'll try the cable thing out later.
 
Didn't read the whole thread but, in response to the OP, yes, mine does that as well when swapping between wired and wireless. It only stutters for less than a second so it's not a problem IMO. If you're in the middle of a game, just pause or wait until you get somewhere you can sit still for a second.

It does make that "you (un)plugged something" Windows sound when I do it as well.

Honestly it has been a complete non-issue for me.

As for battery life...it's not amazing, but it's not bad either. I get a full day worth of use from it, even with heavy gaming. Can't go much more than one day without charging, though. It does run a long time on one green/red LED, longer than you would think. Drops to one LED pretty fast and then sits there for quite awhile.
 
On battery life, try switching the one that comes with it to something from Energizer or Duracell. I put a 2300 mAh Energizer rechargeable in there and Ive been playing for 3 hours straight now and still showing 3 bars on my battery life. I think the one that just comes with the G700 isnt very good.

Still loving mine. Took me about a week to get used to it but Im as comfortable with it as I am with my Deathadder. Glad Dan talked me into keeping it. ;)
 
To answer OP, yes, mine stutters a tad too. I can't use the cord anymore though while gaming, it pulls...lol.


Now I have a few questions regarding our mice.


1. What DPI are you guys running (find most accurate in FPS)?

2. Anyone know of a great big mouse pad for this mouse (I use a x trac pad right now but it's wearing and the mouse feels A LOT harder to move these days)?

3. Has anyone ran into interference issues (what must stay away from the mouse)?

4. Is there anyway that I'm unaware of to use the DPI buttons in game instead of for changing the DPI (or both)?

5. Does the polling rate make much of a difference?




The answers to these questions may help us all including the OP:D
 
Last edited:
On battery life, try switching the one that comes with it to something from Energizer or Duracell. I put a 2300 mAh Energizer rechargeable in there and Ive been playing for 3 hours straight now and still showing 3 bars on my battery life. I think the one that just comes with the G700 isnt very good.
For those who want the most battery life out of their G700, may I recommend to use Sanyo Eneloop accumulators. These are the best accus you will find.
 
Hi,
I currently have an MX610 mouse that came with my MX3200 keyboard. Is the G700 shape similar to the MX610? I like the MX610 shape a lot, and it has been a good companion including games, but I'd like to try some of this Über gaming gadgets with ultra sensors and the like, seeming the G700 an MX610 on stereoids with both wired & wireless (2'4 Ghz instead of 27 Mhz) function modes, über sensor, extra buttons, less weight (only one battery -or none if you use cable- versus two batteries of the MX610), better glide.

Probably I'd still be using wireless because cable would drag my hand a bit, but I also want to know if it can have interference with bluetooth devices or wireless networks (at least with bluetooth seems very likely to be the case).
 
The g700 is relatively the same shape as the 610- not 1:1 but I'd imagine it wouldn't take long to adjust to the 700.

- I just bought mine. took me a few days to adjust from a G9x but now it feels great.
 
Yep, unplug mine and get a freeze that lasts for like 1sec here. Only thing I hate bout it was how far the buttons protrude, oh, and the horridly stiff cable. Other than that I love it, especially the price I paid for it lol.

Also a pro tip, to extend battery put your refresh to 500hz instead of 1000hz.
 
Yep, unplug mine and get a freeze that lasts for like 1sec here. Only thing I hate bout it was how far the buttons protrude, oh, and the horridly stiff cable. Other than that I love it, especially the price I paid for it lol.

Also a pro tip, to extend battery put your refresh to 500hz instead of 1000hz.

That stiffness can be a problem then. Do you know if there are textile micro usb cables on sale?
 
Any of you G700 owners have a problem with the side buttons? Every demonstration G700 I've handled seems to have mushy or loose side buttons, I dunno if it's just the demo units getting abused or maybe not being a true representation of the actual product...

I've been looking to get one to replace my MX1100 but the demo units on display at stores always turn me off on it, it also seems slightly narrower than the G500 (or at least it seems to have less space around the RMB). All this actually has me looking at the G500 itself (just feels better when I've tried it), even tho I'd rather not go wired again, it's been years.
 
Any of you G700 owners have a problem with the side buttons? Every demonstration G700 I've handled seems to have mushy or loose side buttons, I dunno if it's just the demo units getting abused or maybe not being a true representation of the actual product...

I've been looking to get one to replace my MX1100 but the demo units on display at stores always turn me off on it, it also seems slightly narrower than the G500 (or at least it seems to have less space around the RMB). All this actually has me looking at the G500 itself (just feels better when I've tried it), even tho I'd rather not go wired again, it's been years
.

I Literally just got done gaming using my G700 for a couple hours and opened up hardforum and read your post. My side buttons are by no means mushy or loose, easily click-able, yes! I think this is a great gaming mouse. Little small (uncomfortable) though for some reason but you get used to it.

That said, my replacement is being shipped to me right now because mine loses control (like consistently changing dpi that comes and goes) periodically and at first it didn't bother me but it seems to have gotten worse. I'm hoping the new mouse gets rid of this issue and it's not some interference problem with something in my room.

I still like this mouse. I have the Performance MX (browsing) and the G700 (gaming). Good purchases.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top