Antec ISK 310-150

Hi guys, I'm just after building the following AMD based machine:

ASUS Product : AM3 AMD 880G mITX
ANTEC Product : ISK 300-150 Mini-ITX Desktop
VALUERAM Product : 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 N-ECC CL7 KIT
AMD Product : Athlon II X2 245e 2.9GHz 2MB (low power version)
SEAGATE Product : 320Gb Momentus 5400.6 2.5"

I'm very happy with it so far. I've been using the internal graphics card and it's fine except for playing games. So I was thinking of getting the ATI 5570 low profile card. I'm just a bit concerned about the power it will draw and will the 150w psu be able to drive it. Has anyone tried this combination already? Also, would i need another case fan to keep things cool?

Thanks in advance...

Well, the Athlon II you have has a TDP of 45W. The HD5570 has a TDP of 43W. I'd say that you will be fine. That laptop hard drive is also light on power, so you shouldn't have anything else that'd draw an appreciable amount of power.

Tossing up if I can use this case for an ESXi server ...

What do you think the chances of running the following are:

H67N-USB3
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
G.Skill ECO 8GB Kit
Intel NIC (already have it)

Choice of CPU ...

i5-2400S (65w) - this is the only variant of a low power quad available in Australia as far as I can tell, I don't want to go lower than this but I know it's hard to find

i5-2500 (95w) - is it going to be possible to run a 95w CPU at all ... anyone know what the total power draw of the rest of the system will be??

I like the size of the case, and I can run it head-less so there will be very little GPU power used, and I don't need to add any more storage as the SSD will run 3 VM's and any additional storage will be iSCSI.

Will this work or should I just go with the SG06 (dropped the Lian Li PC-V354 idea, too big) that I'm also considering?

Last edited:
The nic has to be half height as this case does not support full height cards. Also the psu will power whatever chip you choose without problem. Hope this helps.

Tossing up if I can use this case for an ESXi server ...

What do you think the chances of running the following are:

H67N-USB3
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
G.Skill ECO 8GB Kit
Intel NIC (already have it)

Choice of CPU ...

i5-2400S (65w) - this is the only variant of a low power quad available in Australia as far as I can tell, I don't want to go lower than this but I know it's hard to find

i5-2500 (95w) - is it going to be possible to run a 95w CPU at all ... anyone know what the total power draw of the rest of the system will be??

I like the size of the case, and I can run it head-less so there will be very little GPU power used, and I don't need to add any more storage as the SSD will run 3 VM's and any additional storage will be iSCSI.

Will this work or should I just go with the SG06 (dropped the Lian Li PC-V354 idea, too big) that I'm also considering?

I don't think Intel video works with ESXi, I remembed some people installing ESXi on the H55 counterpart with a discrete GPU and then removing the GPU for normal operation. And yes you need a low profile NIC

The NIC I've got came with both half and full height so I'm good to go there.

Regarding the Intel video, there's another guy here in Australia that's got it to work so I'm confirming with him that it's all good. He has also pointed me towards the way he got the internal SATA to work fully, you need to add the following to SIMPLE.MAP:

8086:1c02 0000:0000 storage ahci.o

There's also a way of getting the internal NIC to work but I'm happy with using my Intel one.

Oh yeah, regarding the CPU choice, if it will power ANY of the choices is there a problem going with the i7-2600 (95w TDP) as it would be great to have HT and will be much easier to find than the "S" versions as well ...

Okay, I had to switch out my i3-550 with an i7-860 in this case (poor me, right? haha). Currently I have a Shuriken Rev. B with this fan: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...072&cm_re=scythe_100mm-_-35-185-072-_-Product

And two Noctuas:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608006&Tpk=noctua 80mm

How should I position them for airflow? Right now I have the Shuriken pushing air to the top of the case and the two Noctuas exhausting out of the case. I was wondering should I flip the fan on the Shuriken to blow down and let the two Noctua fans exhaust or leave it how it is? Right now it idles at 49C which seems too hot. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Case upright or horizontal?

I think exhaust is better too but you need an intake regardless. Try the shuriken blowing down and the noctuas as intake. Also, what GPU are u using?

By the vent next to the GPU I guess. Hot air rises after all The stock configurations is exhaust IIRC so it might not help at all but some testing can't hurt.

I was thinking of getting a 120mm mesh grill and placing it directly in the top back middle of the case and set the Noctuas as intake and the Shuriken fan as an exhaust.

Hi guys.

Going to get this case for a llano HTPC machine.

I'm thinking about which heatsink to pick for the A8-3850 since the stock heatsink looks to be quite loud..

Anyone know if Scythe Kozuti will fit this case?
I'd like to try and fit a 100mm slim fan on top of it as well..

Last edited:
just built a htpc with this case
put a ASRock A75M-ITX with a AMD A8-3850 in it.
what heatsinks are everyone using? (without having to make any mods)
i bought an evercool hpl-815ep but its pretty noisy. i wanna order a new 80x15mm fan for it but i don't know if that would help or should i just get a new heatsink? this one just barely fit under the power connector

just built a htpc with this case
put a ASRock A75M-ITX with a AMD A8-3850 in it.
what heatsinks are everyone using? (without having to make any mods)
i bought an evercool hpl-815ep but its pretty noisy. i wanna order a new 80x15mm fan for it but i don't know if that would help or should i just get a new heatsink? this one just barely fit under the power connector

exact same set up with a scythe big shuriken, replaced the fan with a arctic cooling 120mm PWM fan. 2 80mm Arctic cooling PWM fans in the 80mm ports. At idle the PSU is not the loudest component. The nexus and Gelid 80mm PWM fans suck, they are noisy.

Back