AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
please please please please please get me a server package! ahhhh! i need one or i will die!
 
God, does no one realize they sold out of these damn things months ago? BTW I should be @ the show right now but still waiting for my friend to get home from work
 
Patman said:
please please please please please get me a server package! ahhhh! i need one or i will die!
Try to get a grip and preserve an ounce of dignity. I'm sure you don't want to be remembered after your untimely passing as "the guy who cried like a little girl because he didn't get a server bundle". Besides, you can save yourself with a credit card and a trip to eBay. If not, RIP old friend. :)
 
Fun times tonight in NJ. I (regrettably) stayed to the end because I'm a sucker for free stuff. Sadly I had to watch all the people with unpronounceable names win everything :( Plus I had to sit through a sing-song version of the Beatles "When I'm 64" with lyrics about AMD...

The most fun I had was talking with Microsoft reps about licensing. Those guys are such great liers. I had to really hold back to avoid announcing some of my more *ahem* sinister acts.
Me: "So do you think product activation really stops piracy?"
Rep: "I know this as an absolute fact."
Me: *thinking* (Boy do I have some websites to show you!)

I look forward to hunting down future events as it's a bit fun to talk to some vendor trained individuals.

Edit: I hope the guy who hounded AMD about 1T command rates with 8 banks of RAM wasn't a [H]ardOCP reader. "I'm losing 5-6% performance in Battlefield two! I demand to know what you are doing about this!!!"
 
HAHAHHAHA!!!! I was there too. I wanted to go and hug the kid who asked about the 1T rating on the 4x512 ram. 2T takes a 15% bandwith hit apparently FYI. But that was so funny. All the AMD guys just stared at him with blank looks.

Where were you sitting? I was 2nd row, right side, in the middle. Sadly won no free stuff, but I did take an extra t-shirt and hat ;)

Anyone win anything? The middle part was a bit boring but the rest made up for it. So much AMD basing "the other guy". You didn't like that song at the end? Going into it I thoguth oh geez... but the lyrics were so great you couldn't have not enjoyed it. I took a few shots on my phone but it will probably be weeks before I get them up.

BTW: The cake was fantastic :D

Also, me and my friend kept talking about software piracy, and I coudlnt help but think there were M$ cameras in the rafters just listening in on us. When they meantioned you cant get Media Center edition any way but from systems that are built, I felt like chiming in that I know of another way :eek:
 
The song, the cake. It was pretty fun. I really wanted to win one of those Power Rangers shirts (the green AMD ones) from the rack they were giving away at the end.
 
n64man120 said:
When they meantioned you cant get Media Center edition any way but from systems that are built, I felt like chiming in that I know of another way :eek:

Yeah, buy it from Newegg... :D
 
Actualy that is what first came to my mind, granted other thoughts came in later but I did think of newegg first. Not all bad in me ;)
 
DC to New Jersey 5 hour drive.
1 hour at the Tech Tour:
-Listened to some MS blah blah blah
-Ate some yummy food
-Got my hardware
New Jersey to DC 3 hour drive.

I much prefered the drive home to the drive there, didn't get any freebies, but I left at 6pm :)
 
You should have stayed, they gave out more free crap than ever :D

They gave away multiple 246 processors, a ton of epox mobos, a load of XXXL shirts for some reason, and they SUNG A SONG.

It was really worth it for the song.
 
Hatebreed said:
You should have stayed, they gave out more free crap than ever :D

They gave away multiple 246 processors, a ton of epox mobos, a load of XXXL shirts for some reason, and they SUNG A SONG.

It was really worth it for the song.

QFT. They also gave away all the shirts they had lying around, most of which weren't even related to that specific event :eek:
 
Yeah, the random jumpsuit, I wished they gave that out.

I guess the next thing to wait for is digitalife.
 
GlimmerMan said:
The song, the cake. It was pretty fun. I really wanted to win one of those Power Rangers shirts (the green AMD ones) from the rack they were giving away at the end.

Yeah, you could wear it the next time you go bowling. :p

Those things were incredibly nasty. The last one to go had roadie sweat all over the thing. Who knows what else.


Highlights for me:

1) Epox's reps actually admitted that some of us overclock. Nooooooooo....

2) AMD confirming the 1 Aug. arrival of the 3800+ X2, though price is still TBD.

3) MSI's crew - they were cool.

4) The boothbabe at Gigabyte's kiosk. She was adorable and gave me all sorts of free swag.

5) The prime rib and the tiramisu at the buffet table

6) Easy access to the bundles

7) The freebies at the end

8) The ATI posters


And the "not quite highlights":

1) The 'piracy' discussion with numnuts from Microsuck, and his pimping of the mainly-useless Media Center Edition afterwards. Gee, if it's going to be included in Longhorn, why wouldn't I wait? Or is it just that you have some extra copies to get rid of?

2) "So, how has the fatal1ty campaign worked so far for Abit?" ("Did you fix the problem with the misreporting of core temperature in the AV8?" was the follow-up.)

3) The plethora of incredibly inane and irrelevant questions during Q&A. Yeah, what a good idea - let's drop our existing architecture for lower performance. WTF??!

4) Not winning anything.

5) The overall handsomeness of the crowd. I saw about four female humanoids the entire night (not counting the boothbabe at the Gigabyte kiosk). The ones that were there were pretty ghastly in color and palor. Get some sun, people!

6) The fact that you can't get anywhere in New Jersey without having to pass through three jughandles and without going six to eight miles out of your way to cross the street.

7) Smoke and mirrors - Uh, last I checked that Prescott bus was quad - pumped. Yeah, it's still inferior, but let's at least be honest about it.
 
^^^
You forgot one ... the x64 processor supports up to 16TB (yes, terabytes) of memory... good luck finding a 1TB chip :)

I feel your pain about NJ, I fawking hate their road system. Getting out of the Hilton and back to the NJTP was annoying... went the wrong way first, had to turn around, blah blah blah.
 
hay I was there last night I am the one who won the x600por all in wonder that I have no use for so if some one wants to buy or trade it I'm here. So does anyone know why you would give away 4 opterons by theselves IE one at a time ? Alsi I was suprised they did not even give away 1 x2 , they talked about opterons a lot but never once mentioned the new 939 pin opterons there comeing out with something tha would be good for system builders to create a basic workstation. Anyways just my quick 2 cents.
 
kunsunoke said:
2) AMD confirming the 1 Aug. arrival of the 3800+ X2, though price is still TBD.

5) The prime rib and the tiramisu at the buffet table

8) The ATI posters


And the "not quite highlights":

1) The 'piracy' discussion with numnuts from Microsuck, and his pimping of the mainly-useless Media Center Edition afterwards. Gee, if it's going to be included in Longhorn, why wouldn't I wait? Or is it just that you have some extra copies to get rid of?

2) "So, how has the fatal1ty campaign worked so far for Abit?" ("Did you fix the problem with the misreporting of core temperature in the AV8?" was the follow-up.)


6) The fact that you can't get anywhere in New Jersey without having to pass through three jughandles and without going six to eight miles out of your way to cross the street.


2) Actually when I was talking to the guy by the 4 Dual Opt server he said around 300 -- which I expected, but I pretty much got sidetracked by the little ferrari laptop playing farcry.

5) I saw someone steal a whole plate of cookies. That was truely pathetic.

8) You missed the big Epox posters :D

"Anti-Highlights"

1) Some guy was burning off copies of MCE2005 for free with his HP. I found it funny once I saw him close Azureus.

The whole anti-piracy thing is bullshit, they make it look like it's the "system builder's" fault for letting piracy slip through. "We have to charge you more so you should stop piracy."

A girl at the MS booth also hassled me when I went back without my friend about my shirt. It says "I ♥ Spyware" (J!NX), she said "I don't get why people like you write stuff to mess up windows." I felt like they thought we knew nothing about software.

2) Pfft, Obviously you didn't hear the comment at the table about the girl saying that the x700 was a "extreme gaming" card.

6) The parking lot confusion was worse.
 
Hatebreed said:
2) Pfft, Obviously you didn't hear the comment at the table about the girl saying that the x700 was a "extreme gaming" card.

She wasn't there to be the tech expert, my friend. :D

6) The parking lot confusion was worse.

LOL - I got lost twice trying to get out of the parking garage. And they were CHARGING some people for THAT!!
 
Hatebreed said:
6th floor had a ricer civic with a bodykit and 2 server deals in the back of it. I was tempted to do something.

I think it would have been appropriate to affix a bumper sticker on his body kit with "dumbass inside". The one thing you don't do is mess with a man's server deals, though.
 
I won the opteron, someone bought it off from me. have no use for a 940 socket right now anyway
 
There was some guy in the far back laughing at girls who won something, he was laughing his ass off when the cute asian girl won something at the end.

I wish I jumped on the server deal, the envy was rising.
 
BillLeeLee said:

Uh, she wasn't cute at all. If you mean the short stalky girl who won a XXXL shirt. I don't think I want to see her again.

6) The fact that you can't get anywhere in New Jersey without having to pass through three jughandles and without going six to eight miles out of your way to cross the street.
I've been here 2 months and still feel the need to punch myself in the head everytime I can't make a left turn.
 
lol, sounds like a bunch of other people were there. The parking garage was a huge "WTF?", but I managed to get out first try.

I didnt win anything either :( Got there right at the end of the first half of talking, so I checked out the booths, took some free stuff, ate some food, and sat around for an hour waiting for the second half.

Wish I had one an opteron of something, or even a t-shirt. Damn skinny ass people got all the XXXL t-shirts.
 
Hatebreed said:
You should have stayed, they gave out more free crap than ever :D

They gave away multiple 246 processors, a ton of epox mobos, a load of XXXL shirts for some reason, and they SUNG A SONG.

It was really worth it for the song.

anyone that got xxxl shirts and dont have a need for them I ware 3x...they are had to find :(
 
the@ntipop said:
Uh, she wasn't cute at all. If you mean the short stalky girl who won a XXXL shirt. I don't think I want to see her again.


Ugh, not the google girl with the backpack, I think she heard me making fun of her walking out.

I took pictures with my phone, so as soon as I get a stupid bluetooth adapter, I have incredibly horrible resolution pictures to post.
 
It was a pretty good AMD show. Too bad MSFT put the hate down on their licensing crap which almost put me to sleep. After dinner and I picked up my bundle, I took off. So I didn't stick around to see if I'd win anythin at the end. :(

Now I get to start putting my computer together. :)
 
i got there a half hour late. didnt get any free big ati posters or asus shirts. i only stayed for the 1st half of the show. i didnt think id win anything. so my friend and i just ate got the bundles and left. the garage took FOREVER to get out of. we were the BMW 325i on the 6th floor with a CM Wave master in the back seat. there was a PT cruiser with flames next to us and the wood grain on the doors. such a ugly car.....

the fat old MS guy, is SUCH A LOOOOSER wow. he told me such bullshyt about the ferrari laptop and he said he built his mom whos prob. like 90 a shuttle PC. i was like and the point of that is.........

oh well. iam happy about selling ,my bundle.

i got SUPEER drunk after the show, so the day was very beneficial.


**EDIT**
The show is officially over and now so is this thread....MD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top