AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
blackbeard said:
I was planning on installing the K8SE into an Antec Sonata case with four IDE HDs and a 3Ware RAID5 card.

Will the 380W power supply work with this MB and be able to handle the power draw?

I don't think the K8SE will fit since it's EATX form factor and I don't think the Antec Sonata accomodates EATX boards.

Also, you need an EPS12V power supply for the K8SE.

dunno if this has been posted already, but if ima under 18, will they let me in, etc?

killa62 said:
dunno if this has been posted already, but if ima under 18, will they let me in, etc?

considering my 16 year old friend (who knows squat about computers, other than that they typically have monitors, a mouse, and a keyboard attached (unless in a [H]ard setting)) not only was let in, but also won an opteron 246 at the atlanta show. i'm sure some of you saw him...

Anyone interested in the A64 3200 bundle? I might go on the 21st and may grab that for anyone who would be interested. So give me a PM.

Can anybody go to one of the coming up shows and get me the 500 dollar server package? I really really want it and if you could do that for me that would be sweet. PM me or AIm Patnbeanz06

G-daddy said:
"safely remove hardware"
:eek: :( It's for my harddrive :( what gives.

If your drive is SATA it makes sense. SATA drives do support hot swapping.

Yes it does, but I know my specific sata controller does not. When using sata connectors and power cables they are hot swappable. Its in the Sata standard

Damn I just stumbled on this thread its shame but they are saying on the site that all packages are sold out :(

I went to the houston show, and was one of the people unable to pre-order one of the bundles. They said at the show they would be sending out an email to the people that weren't able to pre-order, but still attended the show, that describes how to get one of the bundles. I personally, havn't gotten an email yet, and they said they were going to be sending them out around July 1st. Has anyone here gotten an email yet? :confused:

G-daddy said:
there is someway to disable that icon right?

You can hide the icon if you want.

Right click the taskbar icons area, select "Customize Notifications..."

Select "Always Hide" in the behavior drop down box for "Safely Remove Hardware"

Hope that helps.

BillLeeLee said:
You can hide the icon if you want.

Right click the taskbar icons area, select "Customize Notifications..."

Select "Always Hide" in the behavior drop down box for "Safely Remove Hardware"

Hope that helps.
yeah. I've done that. I just hate having it there.. maybe enable "optimize quick removal" under policies.. hmm.

boostieboy said:
so who else is going to the seattle show?

I'll be there with a friend. I had hoped to buy a desktop bundle, but ended up with a $2800 mountain bike instead. Man it is a nice ride :D

In a previous post someone had said that AMD was giving another chance to get the server bundle to those who did pre-register but didn't get a chance to buy the bundle. I was just wondering if they had continued to do this at the other shows. I'll most likely go to the NJ show if there's a chance of this.

i cant wait to go 2 the NJ show. itll b a fun weekend and friday night once i get the package. i can finally replace my f'ed up fata1ty ONCE again and start using my audigy 2, since the fata1ty's PCI slots dont work. and then on for some good ol' lan gameing. hopefully ill win something too. can someone tell me what free stuff was given out at this yrs gathering?

Just got back from the Seattle show, I split after getting my bundles. It was too large to carry around so I went to my car and before I knew it I was heading home. They said they were all sold out and didn't say anything about an opportunity buy order any bundles later.

As for free stuff I got a M$ T-Shirt and ASUS Polo Shirt. Aswell as a lot of pens, a flashlight keychain, and mini notebook.

Oh BTW the server motherboard is the k8SE with PCI-E.

i just got back too, and i got hats tshirts western digital raptor case badges, etc etc etc.
Also i got a ferrari red t-shirt.
For people that were there, I was Larry. Why was everyone so supportive of me? lol

Larry I really wanted to jump out and do a virus attack on the dual core to help you win.

to all u noobs out there, here's what i got.

picture002large4sl.jpg

picture001large1ia.jpg

i have more stuff, but can't find it already
LOL

Thats a lot of swag, but I picked up the real stuff.

amdtour.jpg

I got both bundles, originally planning on using the server bundle, but I decided I'll keep the desktop bundle.

killa62 said:

pic

pic

LOL

Ah, I love the hardwood floor... :)
I am a real sucker for it... me and carpet don't get along... :D

Don't tell me you went there and did not get a bundle! :confused:

I've waited so long for this, only 8 more days. Kinda sucks being the last show. On the other hand, by the time I get my bundle and start buying parts I should be able to get a 7800GT.

DAM!! howd u get soo many hats and ati CD cases. i like that ferrari Amd polo, i hope i can snag that much stuff.

chronic9 said:
DAM!! howd u get soo many hats and ati CD cases. i like that ferrari Amd polo, i hope i can snag that much stuff.

lol, my dad got 1 when he came to pick me up, i got one for volunteering, and i got one at the end like everyone else.
The ati guy was cool, "take as many as you want"

Four days & Counting now for the E. Brunswick show.

May have to crash at the cousin's place...I don't have enough Hilton Honors points acrued yet. :p

killa62 said:

picture002large4sl.jpg

picture001large1ia.jpg

LOL

dang thats alot of stuff, cant beat my free opteron 246 though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back