AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

Absolute0 said:
And you... 3.5 Ghz prime stable on a 3800+ X2, your friend is surely lying. The recorded WORLD RECORD for a 3800+ is 3.6 Ghz http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1337464&postcount=836

And that's just a suicide shot. That implies prime stability at no more than 3.4 Ghz at a VERY max, most likely much less than that. This doesn't prove anything, but prime stable at 3.5 on a 3800+, i call bullshit, and i bet your friend can't deliver any proof.

Well here is his CPU-Z validation. http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=79315

I will have to ask him for screenshots of stability. So since you know so much what is better? A X2 3800+ or Opteron 165?

You really don't need to flip out on anyone here. We are having a normal conversation.

Jared

My purchase situation...

Ordered my 146 late sunday night, so effectively Monday morning. Item shipped Thursday afternoon after a few email inquiries. I paid for 2 day shipping but apparently FedEx only delivers on Saturday for a special fee, so my 2 day is more like 4.

Come Monday when I'm sliding this processor into my rig and firing it up, this annoyance will all be forgotten, but the processing of my order and the shipping delay - you know the processor is going to be right near my home some time today (Friday), but they won't deliver it until Monday because they aren't getting paid to deliver it until Monday, as if Saturday isn't a "business" day - gives me a hint of the same feeling I have when I do taxes at the end of the year...that something just isn't right here...

Oh well, can't wait to post when I actually have this processor running as opposed to waiting for it... :p

damn, now i really dont know whether to go with the 165 or 3800+. I just want to know(even though i knowit depends on stepping) which one i have a "better chance" at getting to 2.6ghz on the zalman9500.

MaStA819 said:
Well here is his CPU-Z validation. http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=79315

I will have to ask him for screenshots of stability. So since you know so much what is better? A X2 3800+ or Opteron 165?

You really don't need to flip out on anyone here. We are having a normal conversation.

Jared

I'm sorry i didn't mean to sound so offensive, but 3.5 Ghz stable on an X2 is absolute bullshite man.

BTW, that link is submitted by Chew*. Is Chew* your friend? Because i know that he isn't stable past 3.2 Ghz lol... 3.5 Ghz is his absolute suicide shot. I dont know how you heard that he's stable there... that's his LDBHE 3800+ that he's going to run Rosetta on, he told us he'd run it at 3.2 Ghz.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92809

jcll2002 said:
damn, now i really dont know whether to go with the 165 or 3800+. I just want to know(even though i knowit depends on stepping) which one i have a "better chance" at getting to 2.6ghz on the zalman9500.
You'll pretty easily get FX-60 speed on a 165, itll take 2700mhz to = 2600mhz with a 3800+ since its 2x 512k cache.

CompGeek said:
You'll pretty easily get FX-60 speed on a 165, itll take 2700mhz to = 2600mhz with a 3800+ since its 2x 512k cache.
so its pretty likely to get 2.6 on the 165? what aboout the 3800+

hey guys i ordered my 146 on wednesday. it shipped alreday so i dont have hte delays that everyone else is having.

tvdang7 said:
hey guys i ordered my 146 on wednesday. it shipped alreday so i dont have hte delays that everyone else is having.

i have noticed the 144/146 optys tend to ship faster.

jcll2002 said:
so its pretty likely to get 2.6 on the 165? what aboout the 3800+

The new 3800+ are all LDBHE and should overclock just as well as the 165s. 2.7 Ghz should be easy.

Absolute0 said:
I'm sorry i didn't mean to sound so offensive, but 3.5 Ghz stable on an X2 is absolute bullshite man.

BTW, that link is submitted by Chew*. Is Chew* your friend? Because i know that he isn't stable past 3.2 Ghz lol... 3.5 Ghz is his absolute suicide shot. I dont know how you heard that he's stable there... that's his LDBHE 3800+ that he's going to run Rosetta on, he told us he'd run it at 3.2 Ghz.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92809

I talk to him a bit. I must of misunderstood him. Usually he don't put stuff out there that isn't stable, but oh well maybe it isn't. I am going with the 165 because I got my order expedited. :) 2.7ghz is completely fine with me since that is what my 144 does. So a 165 at 2.7ghz will be great. More the merrier :)

Jared

MaStA819 said:
I talk to him a bit. I must of misunderstood him. Usually he don't put stuff out there that isn't stable, but oh well maybe it isn't. I am going with the 165 because I got my order expedited. :) 2.7ghz is completely fine with me since that is what my 144 does. So a 165 at 2.7ghz will be great. More the merrier :)

Jared

edited -

Just got my 170

0543TPMW... doesnt seem to be the best of steppings, but im testing it.

I just got my 165 that I ordered on the 9th. It is an 0546MPMW. Unfortunately, it looks obviously like it has been used before. The tiny package was sealed with a few layers of scotch tape that looked like it had been opeened and closed repeatedly, and the CPU surface itself didn't look terribly new. I hope I didn't get a dud that someone else returned.

NoDamage said:
I just got my 165 that I ordered on the 9th. It is an 0546MPMW. Unfortunately, it looks obviously like it has been used before. The tiny package was sealed with a few layers of scotch tape that looked like it had been opeened and closed repeatedly, and the CPU surface itself didn't look terribly new. I hope I didn't get a dud that someone else returned.
They all have scotch tape, that doesnt mean used.

I have good news for the people who ordered 165s (maybe other models as well). All orders for 165 have been procssed today, and they had about six left when I talked to him last. They fulfilled all back orders today. Everyone should be receiving their tracking number in a little bit. :) YAY!

Jared

MaStA819 said:
I have good news for the people who ordered 165s (maybe other models as well). All orders for 165 have been procssed today, and they had about six left when I talked to him last. They fulfilled all back orders today. Everyone should be receiving their tracking number in a little bit. :) YAY!

Jared

thats good to hear, 170 next plz. looks like they yanked the monarch rep and put him in the warehouse today to help pack items. heh :p

jcll2002 said:
so, I should just go with whichever one is cheaper (3800+ or 165?)

if you decide to go between 3800+ and Opty 165 then I'd go with Opty 165 with the coupon in this thread

Hard911 said:
if you decide to go between 3800+ and Opty 165 then I'd go with Opty 165 with the coupon in this thread
im ordering a full system from them so i cant get the coupon or the rebates on the RAM... :mad:

jcll2002 said:
im ordering a full system from them so i cant get the coupon or the rebates on the RAM... :mad:

is it cheaper to order whole system? if not then I'd go with parts and put it back yourself, it takes only 15 mins to put everything in the case

Hard911 said:
is it cheaper to order whole system? if not then I'd go with parts and put it back yourself, it takes only 15 mins to put everything in the case
i have no experience with that and I know for a fact it doesnt take 15 mins. ;)

jcll2002 said:
i have no experience with that and I know for a fact it doesnt take 15 mins. ;)

it does to me, 5 more mins to route cable to look cleaner. You should try it yourself, it takes time but at least you learn something instead hitting yourself if your video card is not installed properly :) you don't know what to do with it, my suggestion is try to put them back yourself so you can trouble shooting if needed

jcll2002 Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard911

im ordering a full system from them so i cant get the coupon or the rebates on the RAM...

thay need too

Oh man, I went to use the 165 coupon today now that I finally got my money set, and it expired. :( Son of a bitch.

amd ati FO SHO said:
Don't worry there should be new ones soon.

i had the same problem with the guy above. when do you think there will be more codes for the 165?

brianoh said:
i had the same problem with the guy above. when do you think there will be more codes for the 165?

I think this is going to play out two ways...

1. they issue new codes Monday (start of the work week).

2. they hold off couple days, to catch up on previous orders.

I just got the Opteron 146. It is "CACJE 0605GPMW".... Is that stepping good? I have no clue, I am a complete AMD n00b. :p

Lastblade said:
I just got the Opteron 146. It is "CACJE 0605GPMW".... Is that stepping good? I have no clue, I am a complete AMD n00b. :p

i get mine tomorrow well compare plz post what u hit and on what volts.

Lastblade said:
Ive only seeen 0602 and 0604. This should be interesting.

I just received my Opty 146...CACJE 0606MPMW.

No idea how good it might be, figured I'd post to let ppl know what is being shipped, at least one variety of 146's.

ocassidy said:
I just received my Opty 146...CACJE 0606MPMW.

No idea how good it might be, figured I'd post to let ppl know what is being shipped, at least one variety of 146's.

plz post results for me to want tomrrow to come soon

tvdang7 said:
i get mine tomorrow well compare plz post what u hit and on what volts.

I won't be able to OC this at least for another week. This CPU is going into a brand new build, I have not even received all the parts yet (still missing the case, lol), so once I get all software installed/configured, then I will read up on the OC guides and see how far this goes!

Back