AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

joemama said:
Ordered my 146 a day before yours...promised shipment on the 25th and then again on the 30th.....guess what? :rolleyes: I thought selling items you don't really have (my card has been charged for 9 days now) was a game only Ebay sellers played...Monarch won't admit they don't have stock and keep blaming it on other things.

i ordered an opteron 165 on 5/26 and it shipped today. keeping my fingers crossed for a good stepping. hopefully i'll end up with a CCBBE 0610 dpmw like Seufari
 
joemama said:
Ordered my 146 a day before yours...promised shipment on the 25th and then again on the 30th.....guess what? :rolleyes: I thought selling items you don't really have (my card has been charged for 9 days now) was a game only Ebay sellers played...Monarch won't admit they don't have stock and keep blaming it on other things.

Mine's been charged since the 19th! 12 days now.

I'll not (even attempt to) do business with them again out of principle.

I'll just sit tight and save for a Conroe now.
 
Vyel said:
Mine's been charged since the 19th! 12 days now.

I'll not (even attempt to) do business with them again out of principle.

I'll just sit tight and save for a Conroe now.

you say that now and then when conroe comes around and monarch has the best prices... :p
 
joemama said:
Ordered my 146 a day before yours...promised shipment on the 25th and then again on the 30th.....guess what? :rolleyes: I thought selling items you don't really have (my card has been charged for 9 days now) was a game only Ebay sellers played...Monarch won't admit they don't have stock and keep blaming it on other things.
wow... i've ordered from them TONS of times with no problems like that. i'm surprised... that sucks. :(
 
I finally got fed up and called again this morning to cancel and do a charge back on my card...the guy I talked to gave me yet another (3rd one) eta on getting more 146's in and I said "I've had enough waiting". He offered me a 148 and overnight shipping at no extra charge so I bit the hook. My order status still shows Fedex 2day however and the disturbing lack of order detail makes me wonder if I just wasted my time.. :(

edit update- I'm officially done with Monarch...called back 3 hours later to confirm the proc and shipping were upgraded and only the proc was...and this new person blamed the motherboard for the delay. So...from 4 different people I get videocard blamed by one, processor blamed by two and the mobo blamed by another and promises that aren't kept. The latest guy assured me that it would be overnighted today and I would recieve a tracking number tonight. If this doesn't happen then I'm going to dispute charges on my card tomorrow. :mad:
 
Sorry MD but you never responded to my e-mails or PM's last week...unless you sent me the automated response telling me what I already knew. I'm not in the habit of unwarranted bad-mouthing of companies on forums (this is a first for me) but if you read all my posts in this thread I think you can agree that I'm getting the run around. It would be sooooo very helpful to customers (as well as employees like yourself) if your company could implement an automated order status that is updated in a timely manner and shows the order detail/changes in something close to real time.

edit- I'm trying hard to be a good customer...I've been on the other end where I spent 4 years as a call center supervisor for Officemax corporate so I know how it can be. Understand that I never once asked or demanded the upgraded proc or shipping...but once it is offered and accepted it is poor business practice to not follow through.
 
joemama said:
I finally got fed up and called again this morning to cancel and do a charge back on my card...the guy I talked to gave me yet another (3rd one) eta on getting more 146's in and I said "I've had enough waiting". He offered me a 148 and overnight shipping at no extra charge so I bit the hook. My order status still shows Fedex 2day however and the disturbing lack of order detail makes me wonder if I just wasted my time.. :(

edit update- I'm officially done with Monarch...called back 3 hours later to confirm the proc and shipping were upgraded and only the proc was...and this new person blamed the motherboard for the delay. So...from 4 different people I get videocard blamed by one, processor blamed by two and the mobo blamed by another and promises that aren't kept. The latest guy assured me that it would be overnighted today and I would recieve a tracking number tonight. If this doesn't happen then I'm going to dispute charges on my card tomorrow. :mad:

I would honestly leave it be and wait until tomorrow to see if it hit my front door. I wouldn't forget what I went through, but definitely that's what I'd do. I have a feeling that the product is usually shipped out way before you receive the email with tracking.
 
g0dM@n said:
I would honestly leave it be and wait until tomorrow to see if it hit my front door. I wouldn't forget what I went through, but definitely that's what I'd do. I have a feeling that the product is usually shipped out way before you receive the email with tracking.
I do have a tracking number now so it's in the hands of Fedex...if I get the order tomorrow and everything is in order then I would still consider using Monarch again keeping in mind that it may take 2 weeks or more and my card will be charged long before shipping. The price will have to be considerably lower than my usual sources though..

edit- update...got delivery yesterday, everything packed well and no doa items. (ordered mobo, proc and vid card) So I'm happy with the prices and the free upgrade to the 148 (CACJE 0546APAW @2.4 for now) but I'd still be cautious about ordering anything time sensititive. Monarch has been around too long to still have the archaic order status system that they use which basically forces you to call the sales line to get any real info.
 
boscogne said:
got my Opteron 165 today..CCBBE 0610DPMW :) Thanks Monarch :D

Same :D priming for 12 hours @ 2.7 stock voltage


*Edit* She needed 1.488 Volts, and she dual primed for 12 hours before I cancelled it, boy what a treat this cpu is. 3006 MHZ :D
 
Well I ordered my AM2 4000+ on Monday 5/29, and got the 2 day shipping. No email about it being sent, or tracking number.

I emailed asking about a status, and I got this :


"status@monarchcomputer.com
May 31 (2 days ago)

I would expect this order to ship later today."


Now Today, 6/2 I go to the website and see this :

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...uct_Code=120993

ETA June 30
Ship dates may change. Please check back here for most current ETA date.
Temporarily Out of Stock - Now taking back orders on a first come, first serve basis

Does that mean mine should still be shipped? Or.. am I SOL til 6/30?

I'm really bugging, I want the CPU asap and it' sbeen almost a week since I ordered it, and now with it being friday, I can't even call til Monday! Which would be a full week.

I just want it!!!!
 
hetsaq said:
Same :D priming for 12 hours @ 2.7 stock voltage

*EDIT* I couldnt resist temptation, priming for about 30 minutes at 3006MHZ 1.450 volts, Super PI just finished, Ill keep you guys updated.

nice oc :) what kind of cooling are you using? ive been pretty busy, havent got to play with mine yet
 
bgiglio said:
Well I ordered my AM2 4000+ Retail on Monday 5/29, and got the 2 day shipping. No email about it being sent, or tracking number.
I ordered the AM2 4000+ on tuesday, may 23rd (launch day) and never got an email about it being sent, or a tracking number, so yesterday, I decided I've waited long enough, and went to cancel my my order at this page around 10am (pacific). At around 1pm, Sterling from monarch called me, explained that the AM2 X2 4000+ retail's were in high demand and short supply, and offered to change my order to an AM2 X2 4200+ OEM w/3 year warranty, and a Thermaltake Venus7 for the same price as the 4000+ retail, and they would overnight it to me and even pay for saturday delivery. I thought about it for a little bit, then I realized how mediocore the Venus7 CPU cooler was, so I asked for a different cooler, and they offered me the Zalman CNPS9500 AM2 for thier cost (~$15 off retail) so I accepted that. Now I have an AM2 cpu coming today, but no mobo.....*heads to frys*.
 
bgiglio said:
Well I ordered my AM2 4000+ on Monday 5/29, and got the 2 day shipping. No email about it being sent, or tracking number.

I emailed asking about a status, and I got this :


"status@monarchcomputer.com
May 31 (2 days ago)

I would expect this order to ship later today."


Now Today, 6/2 I go to the website and see this :

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...uct_Code=120993

ETA June 30
Ship dates may change. Please check back here for most current ETA date.
Temporarily Out of Stock - Now taking back orders on a first come, first serve basis

Does that mean mine should still be shipped? Or.. am I SOL til 6/30?

I'm really bugging, I want the CPU asap and it' sbeen almost a week since I ordered it, and now with it being friday, I can't even call til Monday! Which would be a full week.

I just want it!!!!

Well at least you didn't order something on 4/11 and then after you order get an e-mail saying that it won't ship now until 5/24/06.. so I waited until 5/24/06 and up to 11:00 a.m. est time it still said it was going ship on 5/24/06, Then later in the afternoon I go back and check the site and it has been pushed back to 7/21/06. Talk about being pissed off. I would cancel the order but I got one hell of a deal. The company is Dell and this was my first order from Dell and it will be my last.
 
Sinster said:
Well at least you didn't order something on 4/11 and then after you order get an e-mail saying that it won't ship now until 5/24/06.. so I waited until 5/24/06 and up to 11:00 a.m. est time it still said it was going ship on 5/24/06, Then later in the afternoon I go back and check the site and it has been pushed back to 7/21/06. Talk about being pissed off. I would cancel the order but I got one hell of a deal. The company is Dell and this was my first order from Dell and it will be my last.

Dell can only ship an order when they have the item to ship and sometimes when you try to get in on a hot deal where hundreds of orders are being placed you dont get to be one of the lucky ones that actually gets the item in a timely manner.
 
KarateBob said:
At around 1pm, Sterling from monarch called me, explained that the AM2 X2 4000+ retail's were in high demand and short supply, and offered to change my order to an AM2 X2 4200+ OEM w/3 year warranty, and a Thermaltake Venus7 for the same price as the 4000+ retail


You opted for the 4200 with only 1MB L2 Cache instead of 2MB on the 4000?

I thought about that too, but wanted the L2 Cache at 2MB..

Can always OC the clock, can't cache..
 
bgiglio said:
You opted for the 4200 with only 1MB L2 Cache instead of 2MB on the 4000?

I thought about that too, but wanted the L2 Cache at 2MB..

Can always OC the clock, can't cache..
yeah, I know that, but I decided that the performance difference between 2x512KB and 2x1MB of L2 cache is extremely minimal, and the 11x multiplier might come in handy with this MSI mobo. plus, the 4200+ retails for more than the 4000+, and I got a free venus7 out of it.
 
Really? I'm trying to figure out what I want to do, if I got that same option.


I'm a new OC'er, and you mention 11 multiplier, what does the 4000 have?

What would OC better?
 
the 4000+ has a 10x multiplier (2000MHz clock speed, 200MHz base HTT speed, 10x multi) a higher multiplier will only really help if you have a motherboard that doesn't like really high HTT speeds, or for more divider options for your ram, to run it at the highest optimal clock speed.

In theroy, CPU's with less L2 cache have a better chance of overclocking higher, since L2 cache is one of the things can hold back overclocks, but in practice, they are two different chips, from two different wafers, and will each OC differently.
 
Monarch Deals said:
I can't stress it enough folks... I ahve given you ways to contact me so I can help look into any issues you have. 1) PM me here 2)email hf@monarchcomputer.com


All I can say to this is I agree you have some of the best prices around but I did e-mail you 2X times during my order and I also e-mailed and called the main number and I never got a response.

I did end up getting my equipment but not when I was told I was going to and it made no sense for me to go for faster and more expensive shipping when I didn't get it till after the weekend I was told it would be here. I dunno I was very displeased with the speed and lack of response. It is funny though it didn't stop the every other day e-mails of what deals you have going but still I never received any response in 3 attempts to contact Monarch. Not to mention the price drop of the item I purchased before it was even shipped. I understand that you don't do price matching but the item had not even been shipped and I could not get any response from you guys. :confused:
 
Just called Monarch, spoke with Randal, he confirmed that the X2 4000 AM2 retail boxes were delayed, and that they have (had) 4 (now 3) OEM 4200 AM2 left, and he would upgrade my order to that, and throw in a retail fan.

4000 had 2MB L2 Cache, and the 4200 has 1MB, should I feel like I got downgraded or upgraded? I'm not 100% familiar with all the specs, and up to date with everything.

Atleast I'll have a tracking number by tonight :)
 
How long before we will start seeing some coupons on the new AM2 processors Monarch Deals guy? :D

You'll keep me upgradeing if you keep offering low enough prices!
 
burningrave101 said:
How long before we will start seeing some coupons on the new AM2 processors Monarch Deals guy? :D

You'll keep me upgradeing if you keep offering low enough prices!

It'll probably be a while. It seems they are already selling them at currents prices pretty quick.

They can;t offer a deal, when supply is already so low.
 
bgiglio said:
4000 had 2MB L2 Cache, and the 4200 has 1MB, should I feel like I got downgraded or upgraded? I'm not 100% familiar with all the specs, and up to date with everything.
you got side-graded, less l2 cache, higher multiplier. amd's retail prices for the 4200+ are higher than the 4000+.
 
Monarch Guy, any idea when the 146's are going to be shipped? I ordered an OEM 939 one week ago and it still hasn't shipped. AND Monarch has already charged my credit card. That's not a good way to impress a new customer.
 
burningrave101 said:
How long before we will start seeing some coupons on the new AM2 processors Monarch Deals guy? :D

You'll keep me upgradeing if you keep offering low enough prices!
Wondering the same thing. :D
 
Yeah the guy that said use paypal earlier in the thread was right.. I've used it 3 times now and it's always shipped next or two days later

Compared to CC, 5 days later+ shipping
 
repoman0 said:
Yeah the guy that said use paypal earlier in the thread was right.. I've used it 3 times now and it's always shipped next or two days later

Compared to CC, 5 days later+ shipping


if that's true, that is just absurd. maybe it is true. both of my items are still being 'processed'.

i've ordered other parts for the system i am building from other places AFTER i ordered the 146 cpu(last Wednesday) . some of the parts have arrived already, everything else will arrive today or tommorrow. oddly enough, the only things i am waiting on are the 2 items i ordered seperately from Monarch(1 cpu, 1 PSU). at this rate, who knows when i'll get this new box built.

this is the last time i am ordering from this company. i will pay a few dollars more and order from elsewhere.
 
THe first time I bought it took a long time to ship, this time I'm very happy that they shipped promptly, as fast as newegg. Bought on Sunday, and they shipped on Monday afternoon/early evening.
 
repoman0 said:
Yeah the guy that said use paypal earlier in the thread was right.. I've used it 3 times now and it's always shipped next or two days later

Compared to CC, 5 days later+ shipping

Well if thats true then i'm going to start paying with my credit card through PayPal at Monarch.
 
Horsepower said:
i will pay a few dollars more and order from elsewhere.

Did you read any of this thread? :eek: It has been stated a zillion times that if you are in a hurry dont order from monarch, pay retail somewhere else. Monarch offers great deals but slow on getting it to you. If you cant wait order it from somewhere else. Its not rocket science. :rolleyes:
 
Like I said, pay with pp.. ordered my 165 OEM on sunday june 4th, received today Wednesday june 7th.

CCBBE 0610DPMW, awesome :) One of the best I've seen yet too. Runs Rosetta at 2915Mhz@1.35v and games 9MHz lower because of heat from gfx, I'm gonna get the top off this and use liquid metal thermal paste tomorrow.. should get close to 2.95@1.35v after that.
 
Back
Top