AMD Ryzen 8C/16T Cinebench R15 & Fritz Chess Scores

maybe Haswellish type bench performance, broadwell like gaming and Xeon like crunching at a nice consumer price....that would be fantastic for the person that cannot really afford to shell 350USD at a CPU

Last success they had was Bobcat, and they let everyone test it way before release. Whenever AMD doesn't have something that can live up to expectations, we get this.

Intel knows everything about Zen, just as AMD knows everything about Skylake-EP, Cannon Lake etc. So its not them they try to keep a secret for.

Or you know.. It's not done yet, just like they said in the New Horizon deal. Maybe they don't want to send Kyle a product that isn't finished. Perhaps mobo manufacturers are late to the party for something enthusiast/consumer ready.

Maybe it's a big pile of shit? Or maybe it will mushroom stamp Intel beating the 6950X at a $89.95 price tag. Who the hell knows yet.

All I know is from what we've been shown so far, it looks like it will be a solid performer.

Does anyone actually think Ryzen will be good?

What is the point of all the discussion?

I feel stupid posting this. It is so hard to compete with a company 18x the size with at least 18x the resources.

Citing that a company made up of almost entirely different people did something at one point is like saying a given team is going to win a championship because they did so 20 years ago with an entirely different lineup and organization....there is no magic imbued into brands.

If Ryzen beat 6900k in blender, how would it be so far off in Cinebench? An Intel employee probably photo shopped it (LOL) and leaked it to make everyone think Ryzen is garbage. Waiting for legit reviews.

If Ryzen beat 6900k in blender, how would it be so far off in Cinebench?

There could be a large difference. Different applications may use different instructions, different execution patterns, stress different parts of the cores ...

Waiting for legit reviews.

Hopefully the wait will not be months.

I sure hope Ryzen matches 6900k in speed. We really need AMD competition. I was really hoping for something to upgrade to from my 2yr old 4790k although I have no real complaints...I just want something to spend some Christmas money on lol (gift to myself).

I feel stupid posting this. It is so hard to compete with a company 18x the size with at least 18x the resources.

Can you really say that Intel has been allocating all those 18x resources to the CPU division? Look at the performance increases year after year. We get boring CPUs from Intel. I really think they pulled 2/3 of AMD R&D into Ryzen because the graphics division fell out of the sky. Its not like AMD's R&D exceeded Intel's to compete in the past either. This may be a lucky break for them. We will see.

For people who want AMD to fail they must love the 8% average performance increases and rising chip costs YOY. $1750 10 core sku and crappy TIM on the mainstream platform.

Can you really say that Intel has been allocating all those 18x resources to the CPU division?

CPUs and related technologies are Intel's bread and butter in both PCs and servers, so you bet much of that R&D is going towards making better CPU-based products.

Look at the performance increases year after year. We get boring CPUs from Intel.

Do we? Seems to me that just about every year, Intel is putting out new desktop, notebook, and server processors with increased levels of integration, lower power, more performance, etc.

What has AMD done for the desktop enthusiast? They launched Piledriver-based Vishera in 2012 and then pretty much kept selling those chips for >4 years. One company totally abandoned the enthusiast market for about half a decade and one kept putting out new products every year or so.

For people who want AMD to fail they must love the 8% average performance increases and rising chip costs YOY. $1750 10 core sku and crappy TIM on the mainstream platform.

Are you suggesting that Intel is slacking in terms of advancing core performance, or are you just unhappy that Intel isn't selling more cores for cheaper? One is an R&D problem and the other is just a marketing/SKU positioning problem.

I would like to understand what you think Intel needs to be doing.

If AMD is confident that performance on Integer and Floating point is that good (both benchmarks shown in New Horizon) it has to be really weird to drop such a large percentage on a benchmark that does the same calculations. And this is not even a benchmark worth looking at for most of us.

Was this benchmark done on the 3.4GHz sample AMD showed off at their New Horizon event or the 2.8GHz sample they've been sending to their motherboard partners for validation? 3.4GHz is 21% faster than 2.8GHz. If you take the 1188 score and multiply by 1.21 you end up with a score of 1442 which lands right in the middle of Haswell-E and Broadwell-E 8 core. Similarly, if you take the 36.86 score and multiply by 1.21 you end up with 44.75, again, right on the heals of Broadwell-E 8 core.

Math wins.

uc

2D3101A2M88E4_35/31_N ??? Would indicate 3.1 GHz base and 3.5 GHz Turbo for this part. Credits to BeepBeep2.

All you need to know...

Oh look, another childish nobody looking for my attention. Here, take your 15 seconds of it and a smiley face. :)

Last edited:
I was the one that posted that image @ Anandtech. Dresdenboy and I both guess the sample was designated at 3.1 GHz base and 3.5 turbo. (Or, possibly, 3.4 base and 3.5 turbo)

First post, hello guys. Been at XtremeSystems and HWBOT for the past 7 years.

Was this benchmark done on the 3.4GHz sample AMD showed off at their New Horizon event or the 2.8GHz sample they've been sending to their motherboard partners for validation? 3.4GHz is 21% faster than 2.8GHz. If you take the 1188 score and multiply by 1.21 you end up with a score of 1442 which lands right in the middle of Haswell-E and Broadwell-E 8 core. Similarly, if you take the 36.86 score and multiply by 1.21 you end up with 44.75, again, right on the heals of Broadwell-E 8 core.

Math wins.

If you are value-minded you will actually just want a wee tad below Haswell IPC. Fast enough to game with zero bottlenecks at OC 4GHz+, much faster than 4C/8T i7 in MT and slow enough not for AMD to charge HEDT pricing.

This is fake. I read up the thread on Chiphell about it. It originated from a live stream that was posted to a blog. The mod on Chiphell was certain that the benchmarks were faked.

According to the mod, the same guy did a i7 7700K leak at 3.4Ghz using borrowed motherboards. Now that is sketchy.

This is just dumbshit Intel propaganda. Some leaked ass Chinese/Taiwanese bullshit and ya'll are falling for it hook line and sinker.

I am laughing literally at this thread right now. And how in the hell did some Chinese person get a hold of one of the biggest mystery chips AMD has ever made and claim these numbers. This is preposterous. There is absolutely no way that Ryzen is this slow. We just seen the official press conference the other day and AMD was using straight up off the shelf software to test their chip with. You trying to tell me that a cherry picked chip can be 500% faster than a production line chip we are suppose to buy next quarter?

This is shameful at best and at worst fucking pathetic. And again ya'll are buying this nonsense hook line and sinker like damn fools.

Well, the result is still almost Haswell-E level IPC, so Dresdenboy and I are not sure if it is fake or not. The part OPN suggests not, but anyone knowing how AMD names their ES parts could theoretically fake that.

Assuming Summit Ridge @ 3.1 GHz clock and not in a boost state (this chip shows 3.5 GHz boost...) and 1188 points, you get around 1350 points @ 3.5 GHz
Haswell-E 8c/16t 5960X @ 3.0 Base and 3.5 GHz Turbo: ~1350 points

Could be plausible. Broadwell-E does exceptionally well in Cinebench R15, about 10% uplift clock-per-clock over Haswell-E.

These leaks are probably coming from a motherboard partner employee.

Supposedly, a Chinese poster on Overclock.net is offering his version on these leaks.

1. http://www.overclock.net/t/1617227/...eview-on-12-13-at-3-pm-cst/1560#post_25723175

2. http://www.overclock.net/t/1617227/...eview-on-12-13-at-3-pm-cst/1590#post_25723234

Of course this could be fake as well, so sweeper, you stated that your source from Baidu would post more evidence (on Anandtech), but the Chinese poster is saying that the thread and poster have disappeared, so you need to check if that is true.

Supposedly, a Chinese poster on Overclock.net is offering his version on these leaks.

1. http://www.overclock.net/t/1617227/...eview-on-12-13-at-3-pm-cst/1560#post_25723175

2. http://www.overclock.net/t/1617227/...eview-on-12-13-at-3-pm-cst/1590#post_25723234

Of course this could be fake as well, so sweeper, you stated that your source from Baidu would post more evidence (on Anandtech), but the Chinese poster is saying that the thread and poster have disappeared, so you need to check if that is true.

Shenanigans indeed!

According to /r/hardware the Baidu leak is confirmed fake by their mods.

The post has been deleted over there and Baidu MODERATOR confirmed that it is fake. The result is actually run by E5 2660.

Lol we are in a sad state if people are swayed by reddit mods.
Baidu mods, not Reddit mods.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4905933330 sauce

That moderator said: that op did some trick to the image. Second, the two score should be no way coming from 1 CPU. Last reason is that, moderator know someone working at ASUS. And he said ASUS have not started to produce the motherboard for Zen yet and ASUS dont know much about Zen model .So there is no way that guy get it b4 the board maker .

Where is this moderator post in that thread? Sure you dont confuse it with a regular user?

Do you actually know what it says and if its a user or mod?

I don't speak Chinese unfortunately, so we'll need someone else to verify. The user has a red sort of person square near their name, which seems to be unique in the thread aside from one other person with a blue square. The rest are hearts. Perhaps that could indicate it.

I don't speak Chinese unfortunately, so we'll need someone else to verify. The user has a red sort of person square near their name, which seems to be unique in the thread aside from one other person with a blue square. The rest are hearts. Perhaps that could indicate it.

So you cant tell one or the other. Thanks :)

The thread and poster is still there. Seems to be quite a lot of new registers that claim its fake. The same person leaking Ryzen also leaked Kaby Lake for example and was spot on. And have a history of good leaks.

The thread and poster is still there. Seems to be quite a lot of new registers that claim its fake. The same person leaking Ryzen also leaked Kaby Lake for example and was spot on. And have a history of good leaks.

Yea after some research it appears that person or account has leaked spot on in the past.

Putting my tinfoil hat on because I have a feeling the performance isn't going to be anywhere near the hype.

If it is I'll eat my shoe and build a AMD setup for the first time in 10+ years. But I won't hold my breath.

I believe the leaks are true.

I'll just wait for Kyle to get one to test. Hardware isn't a religion guys. ;)

Reactions: xorbe
like this

I believe the leak is true, but I'm thinking its a low clocked ES chip

The leaked benchmarks are closer in line with AMD's prior statements on Zen's performance (before the Blender demo) regarding IPC improvement over FX + SMT benefit. As such I see a little credibility to them in that sense. We can't know for sure.

I'll just wait for Kyle to get one to test. Hardware isn't a religion guys. ;)

For some it is.

Back