AMD Retail Employee Purchase Program

A

Aevron

http://www.retailaccess.com/retailpro/indexrpro.asp

If you work at an eligible retail store, you can register for an account and take training quizzes to get points for the AMD bundle. The bundle consists of an AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+, Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard, heat sink and fan, fully assembled for $179 after a $100 mail-in rebate.

The first quiz is all ready up, the next two come out on June 10 and 15.

Damn, AMD used to do this quite a few years ago. They stopped after a while. To bad they didn't have a rebate when I took part in it way back when, and I no longer work for an appropriate company. The quizes back then were pretty simple, with all the answers within a couple clicks on their website.

TheComputerguy said:
This blows...Best Buy does not qualify for the deal!

Really? BB is listed as one of the retailers on the page.

I work at BBY but have Directdeposit, how can i get a copy of a recent pay stub for the rebate?

TheComputerguy said:
This blows...Best Buy does not qualify for the deal!
:confused:

knowone said:
I work at BBY but have Directdeposit, how can i get a copy of a recent pay stub for the rebate?

There's a link somwhere in your employee toolkit that allows you to see your paystub, from there just print it off.
Ask a manager how to see your paystub via ET if you're lost

intel's deal they had a while back was much better...

179... and only after a damn mail in rebate... probably well over 300 with shipping

We apologize but access to RetailPro is only available to participating AMD retail partners.
Please click here to return to Retail Access.
I just sent in a copy of my pay stufb...I wonder if that is why...

If I can get in this deal...I am going to. The CPU alone is 290 on Newegg.

Wal Mart and Radio Shack are on there but Target isn't? I know we got nothing AMD but damn.

I love posts like these! I got in on the intel retailedge program (the 3.0c does 4.0 now) and I'll try to get on this.

Thanks for posting Aevron. :D

I can't wait for the 10th to come. I did the early quiz, so I am pretty much guaranteed to get in on this ahead of the late arrivers. :D Retail edge is also working up their next purchase plan, it is still a few months away, but I am happily posting from my HT P4 3.0 that they were kind enough to do last time.

These are the moments that it pays to be a retail grunt.

BTW--If you aren't doing hpinfolab.com, then you are missing out on big time discounts on their printers, pda's, dvd burners, and dig cams. Huge discounts.
I am buying a 5 mp dig cam and 7060 printer for under 100 after rebate. Nice!

You have to deal in AMD product, or product containing AMD product :) Walmart does. Target sells software, but I haven't seen any hardware.

yea, the other dude knows how it is.. the intel program than had like, probably a year ago, was SWEET

woulda been like 800 if you bought all the stuff, and they were selling it at 2... what a deal.. shame on you amd, i'm going to sell more pentiums now

im definitly getting my friend who works at circuit city to hook me up. i hate the fact that im a technician but i dont qualify for this, and i run a home business but sorry, i dont have some big doofy business who rips off customers and doesnt know jack shit, so i cant get this deal :rolleyes:

yeah the intel deal was looking sweet, almost made me want to endure bby for just that much longer so i could get the deal. Oh well, i think getting paid 2x more now is worth the loss in that damn sweet discount.

wtf! microsoft had the same thing for xbox, but walmart employee's werent allowed to get in on hte prizes, since walmart has a policy of not accepting any gratuities (of any form) from companies or people. kinda weird how now its okay... oh well i quit that crap-ass job. pushing carts is a bitch :p

ill pay someone $30 and pay for the shipping of the stuff to me if theyll do this for me

PM me if interested

Yesss I convinced my friend to do it for me! next time were around a computer hell do it. the only concern is payment, I dont have any money as I get my paycheck today (and I better damn well have two weeks ago in there too as I didnt get it)

OK, it is the 10th and the next test is supposed to be up now. This is the biggie to make the points to be eligble. et's go AMD, I want my cheap shit.

btw--intel is still doing retailedge and their deal will be up and running by the end of summer. :cool:

btw--intel is still doing retailedge and their deal will be up and running by the end of summer.

Any idea of what will be in the intel package? The intel package was a better deal, but the motherboard doesn't allow any overclocking. :(

Hmm.. I dont think the second test is out yet.. where the hell is it?! :mad: :mad:

Are these tests on that site or in store? The friend I am getting to do this is computer stupid so I think there's no chance if it was an in store thing. I'll do them for him if they are online....

They are online and can be accessed through retailaccess.com. I have not heard anything about the intel plan yet, but the last one was nice. I just wish that AMD could have given a better chip. After all they did just release the 3800. It looks like they are giving away far cry with the bundle as well. Now I'm going to have to buy a nice gfx card for it. The amd rep I spoke with told me that they are trying to do this better than intel in the sense that they arn't sold out in one day.

I have no clue what the next intel deal will be, but the point accumulation towards the next deal is going strong. The late summer estimate is mine, based on my points and their stated point totals needed to do the deal.

Either way, sign me up for both. Plenty of family to line up for a new pc, if I don't just keep them for myself. More power for folding, that's what I figure.

I just got this E-Mail today about the AMD epp pertaining to when you can go online to purchase the combo.

XXXXXXXXX,

The ordering process will not be available until June 15th. Regarding your sales points, they take some time due to them being faxed in.

Best regards,

AMD RetailPro Team

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 11:38 AM
To: Retailer, AMD
Subject: Questions

I have a couple of questions. Where is the link to order the processor and motherboard combo? Is it going to be live after I take the quiz on June 10th, I will have the points required. Also, on Sunday I submitted an AMD system sale that I made a couple of days prior. The points have not shown up yet on my profile, could you look into this please?

XXXXXXXX

Thought this might interest everyone that was waiting on the deal.

Just get a 100 on every quiz and you won't have to send in anything but a pay stub which I intend to do this weekend. As stated before it takes not more than two clicks on AMDs website to find the info and you get two tries to pass.

Is there someone here that isn't going to do this but can get it?

Because I really want to get this..

If anyone wants to get this combo for me-would be willing to compensate for the favor!!!!

Ok i got it just took a while.

Ok now it wont let me take the quiz whats next boy i tell you.

One quiz away.
second quiz done. pm me for answers if you want them.

Back