AMD Retail Employee Purchase Program

This seems like a good deal. I hate rebates. But now it looks like I'll have to not quit my job @ circuit to get this. Damn. Did I mention I hate rebates? Well maybe my brother will buy my mobo-proc

Ya, it is retarded, you have to click on the promotions button to access the tests. The third test was a piece of cake and I can't believe that they are holding up ordering until tomorrow. This sucks ass, since I took the early test and had a "lead" in points on the late arriving people. They had better not run out, or I will be pissed off to high heaven and damn better believe that there will be no AMD processors leaving my store.

there should still be some, this deal hasn't been plastered all over slickdeals and fatwallet, plus the rebate is probably discouraging people who aren't really retail employees from trying to take advantage of it. It is stupid they aren't taking orders till tomorrow when they said already that they would start on the 15th.

I dont think you can order becuase it said it will appear on your account and mine isnt avil. So has anyone ordered it yet?

im waiting to order too. I wanna make sure i get one too, i missed out on intel, id like to get on this one. post a reply if you are able to order

I'm excited, is anyone else excited? Now we need a good central location for all patches and things 64bit so that we may reap the benefits.

And no, I can't order yet either, at 1:28pm cst.

T

I emailed them, asking when it would be online and they said:
We apologize for the delay. Our supply vendor performed work on their SQL server last week which caused some stability issues with the ordering process. Due to the unexpected technical difficulties, we are still testing the functionality to ensure a smooth and easy ordering experience for our AMD RetailPro members. We currently have sufficient inventory to cover the qualified participants, so there is very little danger that you will miss the promotion. The ordering process should be available early this evening and we thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,

AMD RetailPro Team

They also said the tests were made available at 7:00PM PST, so I'd wait til then to get too worried about it...

Damn, I have the points, but I don't know if I should order it or not. Its a really good deal, though.

Damn, I wish I could sell what I have now to get this, rather than stockpiling parts like crazy....God, the decisions....

I did them all earlier today. I'm not sure if they took them down with the ordering availability, but I doubt it....

Ordered mine too. Total came out to about 192 bones. Shipping was 13.

Anyone in candada place their order yet? it keeps changing my location to US, and not giving me shipping, then telling me my zip is incorrect.... I can't even call the number on the site, because it's US only...

I emailed them but they take their sweet time getting back...

arg......i really dont need it.....but....so my total would be 300 before shipping and MIR right?

the only thing holding me back is that it is socket 754. If it was 939 or 940 i would be all over. I guess I'll thinka bout it over night. How long do you think the MIR will take

it says 6-8 weeks. IF you sale what you got then thats less you pay for it if not there is a guy on here that would be your friend for life if you let him use it.

I'm not really an employee. I worked for office depot for over 3 years and I only quit about 2 weeks ago. I'm going to see if i can use that stub. If not i'll get a friend of mine at work to hook me up.

I tried to order this morning and I am taken to an empty tiger direct shopping cart. Anyone else having any troubles ordering this?

bigty said:
it says 6-8 weeks. IF you sale what you got then thats less you pay for it if not there is a guy on here that would be your friend for life if you let him use it.

You're not suggesting someone buy this and then sell it for cheaper, are you?

yeh, i am hoping someone would help an [H} brother out with this :)

PLZ YA GUYS :D

Dammit I got a 90 on one of the quizes and it wont let me retake. What are my options now?

you could try what i did. I had the same problem where i only got 90. So i made a name under a different email account and address. After u make ur account u can change ur address back. What they did for me when i sent my employee verification they asked me which account i wanted active, even though in the rules it says not to have more than 1 account. I can't promise it will work tho.

How can you possibly not get a perfect score with two tries? I'm ashamed that I had to retry on one question on one of the quizzes.

How can you possibly not get a perfect score with two tries? I'm ashamed that I had to retry on one question on one of the quizzes.

Way to put down someone else 1337 hardware genius. :rolleyes: When you make a useless post like that, your postcount should go down, not up.

I also got a 90 on the first quiz, Cyclone187. Sometimes wading through all the market speak can be a pain.

You can get extra points by showing that you sold an AMD 64 system (+100 pts) or processor in a box (+25 pts). That's what I'm gonna try.

You guys have got to have at least like one cool supervisor that'll help you out.

In my case, my girlfriend works at compusa. I take all the tests and do all the work and then she gets the stuff for me.

She looked up the sales of AMD 64 systems on the computer, printed off one, and used that as the system she sold. You have to download a form from the retailaccess site and fill it out and send it back in. Like Dandragonrage said, you need a cooperative manager that will sign to say you sold the system.

I ordered mine yesterday with no problem. Does anyone know if the processor has 1mb L2 cache or just 512Kb?

Back