AMD Retail Employee Purchase Program

i havent ordered yet but i defnetly want to know if its the 512kb or the 1mb cache, it would be important in the decision to buy i think. if someone can find out for sure that would make it easier to decide. :)

What status are your orders in? and for some reason i cant log into my account on AMD

I ordered, with 2nd day shipping. We'll see how long it takes to get here. ;)

Ex-girlfriend works for bestbuy and I had her setup all the account stuff and verification. I did the quizes and ordered it with my creditcard info and her shipping address.

Ordered last night, status is "To Drop Shipper" So I guess that means its being sent.

How are you checking status? I get errors from their website when I try.

edit: nevermind, the link wouldn't go through in Opera but works fine in IE. Same, "To Drop Shipper." We'll see. :p

costco eh, I've got friends who work there and owe me favors. I'm going home from work early and calling there bitch asses

Hmm, i guess I can get the electronics dept. manager at walmart to fill the form out saying I sold a computer. Hell, in all honesty I have sold a few computers before and I dont even work in the electronics department. Shes really cool, if I explain the situation to her she'll probably do it

How well do they watch these programs? My Father-in-law works for Sears throughout the store, mainly hardware. Can I sign him up using his info and purchase the Cpu/Mb combo with my credit card. I really don't care if I get the rebate or not. Any info would be appreciated.

Mine to heck yes!!!!! will be here next week :D sswwweeeetttt Il post my old setup on the forums 2500+mobile on a DFI mobo.

Date of Order: 06/16/04
Order Status: Shipped -
To view detail information/tracking numbers of your order, please click here.
1 AMD-1900 AMD RETAIL PRO MB/CPU BUNDLE ** PROMO ** $279.00 $279.00
Net Product: $279.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
P & H: $13.95
Total Shipment: 292.95
:D

anyone else noticed that when you try to call the customer service number it thanks you for calling to order some aol enhanced pc system? Then after you stay on the line to talk to someone it auto disconnects you, talk about lousy. All I want is my tracking number but if I click the link it just takes me to a product shipping center logo and stop. This is one flakey site.

First off, the following whois of productshippingcenter.com makes me kind of uneasy about getting this. But atleast it gave me a way to actually get a tracking number. Went to the tigerdirect site and it still wouldnt give me a tracking number cause it said I had to login to my account. So instead I just called 1-800-800-8300 and gave my order number from the retailaccess site and the guy gave it to me... Hope this helps people.

Registrant:
TigerDirect, Inc.
Address:
7795 W FLAGLER ST STE 35
MIAMI, FL 33144-2367
US
First Registered:
September 10, 2001
Last Updated:
June 19, 2004
Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Amato, Peter (PA2428) [email protected]
amatosfl.com
16140 South Post Rd
Weston, FL 33331
US
305-415-2351 fax: 305-415-2352
Name Servers:
NS1.HIGHSPEEDBACKBONE.NET 199.181.77.20
NS2.HIGHSPEEDBACKBONE.NET 199.181.77.21
MARCOPOLO.TIGERDIRECT.COM 199.181.77.91

I don't know why it would make you uneasy. I think it's a good Idea. This way they have several distribution centers in the US and Canada to fulfill the orders... I hate the way intel does their program...

When I click the tracking number link, I do get a tracking number - but UPS says the number is invalid. This is 24-48 hours after the "shipped" message appeared in the status. What gives, I wonder... I'm going to call Tiger now.

Think there will still be stock around the end of this coming week? I'll finally have a paycheck then.

sleepy said:
talk about pissing me off i only managed 280 points... no soup for me :(

Dude...you could have registered bogus accounts to take the quizzes multiple times. After a while you'll get the same questions. Just print out your answers and use them on your "real" account.

Not that hard, dude. Really not that hard.

i just signed up and emailed in my validation...see what happens

Kroz

Several employees of mine and I got our motherboards and processors on Friday. The best word of advice I can give you is update the bios as soon as you get this thing. The motherboard is using the 1001 Bios which from the looks of it does not play well with the Newcastle Processor when you have two sticks of Ram installed. At least that was my problem. Now it is running like a champ.

The coolest thing about the whole deal is that the sent the European version of Farcry which is the exact same thing as the American version but it is on one DVD instead of 5 CD's.

saintrobyn said:
Newcastle Processor

Newcastle...is that the one with a meg or half a meg of cache?

EDIT: Got unlazy and googled. Newcastle = 2.2 w/ .5 MB cache as opposed to 2.0 w/ 1 MB cache.

It is the half meg cache but clocked at 2.2Ghz. The older 3200+ was a full meg of cache but it was clocked at 2.0Ghz.

saintrobyn said:
The best word of advice I can give you is update the bios as soon as you get this thing. The motherboard is using the 1001 Bios which from the looks of it does not play well with the Newcastle Processor when you have two sticks of Ram installed. At least that was my problem. Now it is running like a champ.

Interesting...I think I read a few posts where updating the BIOS made the system not work anymore.

Hmmmmm. I'll be running mine on 2 sticks of 512 DDR Corsair(2 2 2 5).

Here is the post I made in the motherboards sections. link

I had problems when I updated the bios, but that wsa when I had the two sticks in. The bios update got messed up and tthe board wouldn't boot. Luckily the driver disc that comes with the K8V is also the bios recovery disc.:D I love when an install goes smoothly. :p

Just out of curiosity, i just ordered the deal, but i only have a single stick of corsair XMS ddr400, and i didnt know if this core needed the dual memory or not. Im pretty sure i read somewhere about the new 64's needing 2 sticks of memory at a time. Also just wondering about that hypertransport...is it the 1.6ghz?

Well I got my package last Friday. It is a confirmed Newcastle A64. The steppings on my chip are

ADA3200AEP4AX
CBASC0414XPMW
9795244D40339

This makes it a 2200 MHz processor, not 1800MHz, with 512Kb of L2 cache.

I wouldn't worry about the size of the cache, guys. The reason AMD cut the cache is because the 64's don't use the extra cache. The newcastle is a much better core, especially for overclocking than the others.

build a mATX system...or do this...argh

/edit: im still waiting for someone to help me...seriously, NO ONE is a retail employee who would be willing to help me out? not even for some $?

Is the NFR verification needed to order the 64? I only ask becuase I haven't emailed my pay stub, and didn't know if anyone who had the system shipped to them did.

Thank you for your time!

I'm pretty sure the only thing that the paystub is required for is the rebate. I signed up on the site itself last Monday or Tuesday, and the UPS tracking number indicates the package should be on my doorstep in a matter of hours.

So to order the $279 deal, that's all it really took. But to see the $100 rebate back, the rebate form says enclose:

1. Your EPP ORIGINAL INVOICE that came with your order package. The eligible part or model number and date must be listed on the invoice.

2. This completed rebate coupon or a copy of this coupon.

3. A copy of a recent pay stub, no older than May 17th, 2004, issued from one of the elgible retail partners listed on the right of this form. (See rebate rules to right for complete information regarding pay stubs.)

Anyway. That, as far as I can tell, is all the paystub is necessary for. I have no idea if the retailaccess site has actually verified my employment yet.

I got mine! Won't be installing anything yet until I get my 74 gig Raptor.

Jonsey said:
In my case, my girlfriend works at compusa. I take all the tests and do all the work and then she gets the stuff for me.

She looked up the sales of AMD 64 systems on the computer, printed off one, and used that as the system she sold. You have to download a form from the retailaccess site and fill it out and send it back in. Like Dandragonrage said, you need a cooperative manager that will sign to say you sold the system.

Hey,
You also have to put in the serial number for the system. In my case, I sold a Kiosk system and it won't be here until July 3.

For those who got their orders, please tell me what is included on the invoice? Does it includes both the billing and shipping address or just the shipping address? The reason I asked is b/c my friend does not have a credit card and I just ordered for him. Since the billing and shipping not the same, it's on hold right now until I call in. However, I am afraid that it won't be qualify for the rebate.
Thanks.

Back