• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD Bulldozer expected for Oct release.

Perhaps not an offical statement but these 2 guys work for AMD.

Got this vid from another forum ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlwIFFHrNW4

(I couldnt quite hear what he said but it sounded like he said for 'middle east?' oct time release).

maybe someone can clairify.

It's gonna rock! NICE VIDEO! I haven't saw it till you posted. Good info straight from AMD marketing players.

But I can't help noticing alot of sour blue quad core owners posting in all the AMD threads. About their giving up ability...:confused:
 
AMD 9-7-2011 press statement. Get with the times broski.
http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-ships-bulldozer-processors-2011sep7.aspx
It's from AMD's site, not one of those rumor filled sites with slides that you like to look at...:rolleyes: No offense taken.

To be fair, that statement is specific to the Opteron Interlagos CPUs.
So while it confirms there will be Bulldozer cores available in Q4, I'm not sure AMD has confirmed desktop parts will also be on the selves in Q4.

So you may be technically correct (the best[/i] kind of correct), it's meaningless to most people here.
 
Are my ears fooling me or did the guy say that the October release of BD is in reference to the "middle-east"?
 
To be fair, that statement is specific to the Opteron Interlagos CPUs.
So while it confirms there will be Bulldozer cores available in Q4, I'm not sure AMD has confirmed desktop parts will also be on the selves in Q4.

So you may be technically correct (the best[/i] kind of correct), it's meaningless to most people here.


I agree with you. Good point.
 
Are my ears fooling me or did the guy say that the October release of BD is in reference to the "middle-east"?

No, he said Middle-earth.
Specifically, it's located in Mordor. Feel free to walk there if you wish.

images
 
I still see nothing about an October release coming from AMD, so seems to me it's still all rumor. Additionally, they are talking about Interlagos shipping, not Zambezi which most of us were interested in. They said Interlagos is expected "to launch and be available in the 4th quarter of this year", there is no mention of the desktop variant. **** EDIT: Just to point this out in case it isn't obvious, 4th quarter of this year could mean anytime between Oct 1 through Dec 31 **** They did say previously that they were going to release the server part first and the desktop part would follow later, but again there are no indications of when. I maintain that the last time they mentioned Zambezi part availability was back at Computex, and they have fallen short of meeting that deadline.
 
I agree with others, I couldn't care less when the Bulldozer is release. Amd constantly screwed themselves, with poor performance and numerous delays. After all theses years with Intel on top, a chapter 11 should be in Amds near future. Only thing that saddened me is when they go bye bye, there wont be any competition in video card market.
 
I still see nothing about an October release coming from AMD, so seems to me it's still all rumor. Additionally, they are talking about Interlagos shipping, not Zambezi which most of us were interested in. They said Interlagos is expected "to launch and be available in the 4th quarter of this year", there is no mention of the desktop variant. **** EDIT: Just to point this out in case it isn't obvious, 4th quarter of this year could mean anytime between Oct 1 through Dec 31 **** They did say previously that they were going to release the server part first and the desktop part would follow later, but again there are no indications of when. I maintain that the last time they mentioned Zambezi part availability was back at Computex, and they have fallen short of meeting that deadline.

October 12th to be specific. I got that confirmation from an AMD rep on Facebook.
 
My cat that works for AMD told me that they plan to release on the 12th of October.
We all know cats have nine lives, so they can afford to break NDAs.
 
I agree with others, I couldn't care less when the Bulldozer is release. Amd constantly screwed themselves, with poor performance and numerous delays. After all theses years with Intel on top, a chapter 11 should be in Amds near future. Only thing that saddened me is when they go bye bye, there wont be any competition in video card market.

Not really. If AMD went bankrupt, the GPU side of AMD is definately profitable (they make the chips for consoles as well as normal GPUs). Someone with enough money would probably buy it and it would continue.
 
AMD really needs to release this because the wait and suspense is starting to get old and annoying. I think we're all sick and tired of this shit, and so far AMD has not even announced an official date launch.
 
Call it a need for closure (and I guess I'm perpetuating the DNF analogy): at this point we just want to see something. Anything.
 
Tom's hardware had this to say in their latest "best cpu's of the month for gaming" article...they don't even have samples yet! :(

"We can also confirm that we're still sitting on our hands, waiting for the Bulldozer-based Zambezi samples to show up (that's Q3'11 come and gone, for anyone keeping track)."
 
I was sooo hyped about bulldozer. I held off on getting an intel cpu for a very long time. Intel cpu's that are not even out yet have been reviewed and tested, yet this bulldozer that has been hyped over for a very long time hasn't seen one eye outside AMD labs. At this point, AMD knows what it is up against in the intel CPU's.

they must really not have confidence in their product and thus have not released much info on it in hopes that fanboys will go out and buy it without hesitation - before benchmarks are out that reveal that it barely matches current intel cpu's. I gave up waiting and grabbed myself a Gen3 z68 board + i5-2500k and I could not be happier with the performance.

Honestly, I really can't see bulldozer outperforming this cpu at this price range. Even if it comes out and matches it, congrats, you have worked on something for over 2 years that matches something released over a year ago. I love AMD big time, but I have lost faith in this CPU.
 
2 years? I remember hearing about Bulldozer back in early 2009 when it was gonna come out and compete with the i7-920!! We're almost into the 3rd year of waiting.

But like others, I don't give a shit anymore. Its not just the 3 year wait that's put me off but also the total silence from AMD.....well except to tell us that we enthusiasts are such a tiny and insignificant market segment that nobody cares what we think.
 
http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=Aale7YSvhJk

Check comments ;)
I'll leave it quietly here so AMD damage control squad can do their job.
That is Obrovsky. He even mentions his blog in the comments. He has admitted himself on his blog that he has posted fake benchmarks in the past and even gave them to Donimhaber to "leak".

Who know's if it is real or not, but I still don't trust him. If I see similar results from a reliable source outside of China that doesn't use him as the source, I may be more inclined to believe him.
 
AMD really needs to release this because the wait and suspense is starting to get old and annoying. I think we're all sick and tired of this shit, and so far AMD has not even announced an official date launch.

They need to release it soon, and by soon I mean 3 months ago. How far is AMD willing to push this back? To much farther guys and we'll be looking to see what Ivy Bridge brings to the table, and forgetting about Bulldozer.
 
Everything points to October 12th. It would be pathetic and sad if that day comes and goes without a word from AMD.
 
Everything points to October 12th. It would be pathetic and sad if that day comes and goes without a word from AMD.

Actually it would be pretty much standard operating procedure. How many rumored release dates have come and gone in the last year or two without any word from AMD?
 
Sold my P45 + Q6600 and went with a P67 + 2500K back in late March. Glad I didn't wait for the "just around the corner" BD.
 
Unless BD beats the shit out of the 2600k, I don't think anyone is going to be buying these chips except fanboys...

Fanboys you'll have to be thankful for, else your beloved Intel chips are going to cost 10x more in a heartbeat.
 
The more AMD hypes that world clock speed record, the less confident I am in BD.
 
Fanboys you'll have to be thankful for, else your beloved Intel chips are going to cost 10x more in a heartbeat.
Fanboys and enthusiasts are a miniscule amount of their customers. So low in fact that if they stopped buying it would barely make a dent. Their largest customer base is OEM purchases from companies like Dell, Acer, etc.
 
Fanboys and enthusiasts are a miniscule amount of their customers. So low in fact that if they stopped buying it would barely make a dent. Their largest customer base is OEM purchases from companies like Dell, Acer, etc.

Well, so AMD will do fine, Bulldozer or not.
 
AMD is in business to sell CPUs and not in the business of appeasing a handful of enthusiasts that what they have in the works is up to the level of their expectations.

I am kind of getting tired of clueless commenters on these forums, people who don't know anything about AMD's track record or people with complete wrong ideas on why the things are the way they are.

AMD has never released early benchmarks, especially not on brand new architectures, Hammer, Evergreen, Northern Islands, Zacate, Llano.. all those were pretty successful, some more than others, yet AMD has never released early benches on them, why would they start now, and how can you make a connection that BD will be a dud because of it?

OK, so AMD sucks at marketing.

Unless this is some sort of weird marketing reverse psychology... Oh hey, yeah, this is our new processor. It blows everything else away... $200. *AMD shrugs while everyone foams at the mouth for one*
 
Back
Top