AMD Booth Pimp Slaps Intel Again

It's a great marketing line however you have to say its somewhat ironic with the current push to bring back fossil fuels in the US

Touchy subject I know but the solution to that problem is:

If we see Gabe that's the plan! Not sure how often he's around the office yet alone at 2 on a Friday afternoon but I hope he is for this reason ;).

Didn't we see that already?

View attachment 85087

Speaking of coal, I bet it took a couple of deliveries from the local railroad to power that sucker.

I guess I don't understand the reasoning of saying "coal was great", when the United States still relies on it for 30% of our total electricity production. https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

P.S. Current renewable sources of electrical generation compared to fossil fuels (even just coal on its own) is the real joke in the US.

In a world where companies are moving their workloads to the cloud, typically run by providers who pay very little attention to snarky childish marketing, this seems a bit petty.

But whatever, yeah AMD are soooooooooo edgy.

Now if they would only concentrate on improving IPC, they would be kicking ass on many fronts

Their IPC IS great, there's hardly any difference anymore!!!
They only need clock speed and improved latency.

AMD Have better multithread IPC and lower single thread ipc.

1-5% lower single core ipc.
2-5% greater multithread IPC

In real world, more synthetic tests or those who benefit a lot from HT\SMT will benefit amd a lot.
Latency and Clock speed, I think 1-2 % ipc and mostly latency and clock speed improvements per core for zen2 cause that is what they need! not ipc...

Reactions: N4CR
like this
yes it is. but the hardware feature must also be easy to take advantage of.
The documentations related to the hardware feature are already available for developers through GPUOpen.
Bethesa team, for example, were able to do with Vulkan version of Doom. Oxide Team used AMD hardware features until Nvidia requested to disable them on PC.
Let remind that practically major developers know about AMD hardware via Playstation 4 and XBox One it is just a matter of optimization for the PC port.
What else can those developers ask for?

Back