AMD 7000 series specs leaked

CIB24

Limp Gawd
Not sure how legit this site is but here you go:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/want-...nd-whistles-amds-hd-7000-series-specs-leaked/

- HD 7990 New Zealand GCN
- HD 7970 Tahiti XT GCN 1000MHz 32CUs 2048ALUs 128TMUs 64ROPs 256bit XDR2 8.0Gbps 256GB/s 2GB 190W HP
- HD 7950 Tahiti Pro GCN 900MHz 30CUs 1920ALUs 120TMUs 64ROPs 256bit XDR2 7.2Gbps 230GB/s 2GB 150W HP
- HD 7870 Thames XT VLIW4 950MHz 24SIMDs 1536ALUs 96TMUs 32ROPs 256bit GDDR5 5.8Gbps 186GB/s 2GB 120W HPL
- HD 7850 Thames Pro VLIW4 850MHz 22SIMDs 1408ALUs 88TMUs 32ROPs 256bit GDDR5 5.2Gbps 166GB/s 2GB 90W HPL
- HD 7670 Lombok XT VLIW4 900MHz 12SIMDs 768ALUs 48TMUs 16ROPs 128bit GDDR5 5.0Gbps 80GB/s 1GB 60W HPL
- HD 7570 Lombok Pro VLIW4 750MHz 12SIMDs 768ALUs 48TMUs 16ROPs 128bit GDDR5 4.0Gbps 64GB/s 1GB 50W HPL

B3D guys think those are mostly BS. Supposedly XDR2 RAM hasn't even been sampled yet. 384 bit GDDR5 is still the most likely bus on the high end. Especially since the die is large. Also some hints there that GCN might not be as good as they wanted given that AMD fired a bunch of GPU guys...

Eww only 2GB VRAM. Might have to go nVidia this next round.

Oh well, if they are fake then my bad. I was sent the link this morning and thought it would be interesting to look at as I don't remember seeing a 7000 series specs discussion on here. No worries, mods can lock it if they wish.

They might not necessarily be fake, but they're just a repost of the exact same article that was thrown about a long time ago, it's that gaming website that's really doing the repost here.
It even has the release date information out of date (Q4 11 instead of Q1 12)

They might not necessarily be fake, but they're just a repost of the exact same article that was thrown about a long time ago, it's that gaming website that's really doing the repost here.
It even has the release date information out of date (Q4 11 instead of Q1 12)

Hang on, the 7850/70 isn't coming out in december? Hope I misread something. I "need" a low power/low heat gpu asap.

Highly unlikely, I have yet to see any official word from AMD about actual release dates, which means the cards will be at the very least 6 weeks away. You're more likely to see the HD7800s in Jan-Feb and the HD7900s in Feb-Apr.

Highly unlikely, I have yet to see any official word from AMD about actual release dates, which means the cards will be at the very least 6 weeks away. You're more likely to see the HD7800s in Jan-Feb and the HD7900s in Feb-Apr.

7900 + ivy
that'll make me very poor come march :p

Sounds good. I'm holding off on an upgrade to much of my system lately though, the classic case of working long enough to perhaps afford some things, but no longer having the time to make use of them :p

For the sake of MSAA and HBAO in Battlefield 3, I think I'll probably pass on an upgrade this time, even though I'm sure there'll be some great benefits.

Sounds good. I'm holding off on an upgrade to much of my system lately though, the classic case of working long enough to perhaps afford some things, but no longer having the time to make use of them :p

For the sake of MSAA and HBAO in Battlefield 3, I think I'll probably pass on an upgrade this time, even though I'm sure there'll be some great benefits.

just get rid of that i5 and you should be all set

just get rid of that i5 and you should be all set

wat

Haste266 said:
check out this post:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354551

here is a quote:

Quote:
Hi guys, we released the latest MSI afterburner beta 9 today to support the upcoming graphics card which will be announced on 11/29. Due to NDA issue, we can't list which model can be supported. Let you guys to decode it.

sooo, maybe we will know something soon????
HD7000 series mobile I suspect.

wut? You only need more than 1GB if you go over 1080p res, 2GB only becomes a factor in multi monitor gaming and even then its usually plenty.

Usually, but not always. Personally I think a lack of any 4GB version with the new architecture will be a mistake, but I have to admit I did see it coming. It seems pretty obvious nvidia will provide a 3GB version as standard, as has always been the case.

Usually, but not always. Personally I think a lack of any 4GB version with the new architecture will be a mistake, but I have to admit I did see it coming. It seems pretty obvious nvidia will provide a 3GB version as standard, as has always been the case.

i have a good feeling we probably will see more 1.5GB cards from nvidia on release day and then the 3GB versions a few months later only with better availability then what the GTX 580 3GB cards are now. why? because its more profit for them. its the advantage of having blind fanboys that will buy anything with the Nvidia name on it.

AMD-Radeon-7000-22.jpg

Old news really

Unless you're running something like EyeFinity with 3x 2560x1600 30" monitors or whatever 2GB will be plenty. Even nV probably won't make you happy if you run at that resolution next generation. Likely nothing will.

Well, if the rumor of 384-bit GDDR5 is true, then AMD will more than likely fit the 7950/70 with 3GB. As for anything larger, I don't think any DRAM manufacturer has created GDDR5 ICs over 2 gigabits.

wut? You only need more than 1GB if you go over 1080p res, 2GB only becomes a factor in multi monitor gaming and even then its usually plenty.

If you read his sig, you would have noticed he's running Eyefinity. I wouldn't want less than 3GB if I were running three monitors also.
It's a pain to sell cards mid-cycle just for more VRAM. I rather max out GPU power before VRAM.

Those specs are insane. I would bet that the 7970 will be priced at $450 (like the 5870) at launch.

Haven't put too much into these spec's, they look more like educated guesses.

Still not buying into XDR2 based on principle :D.

HD7800 series (1/2GB GDDR): Jan-Feb, $200/$300
HD7900 series (3GB XD2): Mar-Apr, $400/$500

Yes, BF3 easily reaches ~3GB VRAM in Eyefinity.

It is like superfetch...uses any available. Doesn't need. Also with low or no aa any non 30" eyefinity is fine with 1.5gb. Nothing has the horsepower for more even with vram available.

I bet it will be like the 4870 where they did 512 at launch then released 1gb cards. So I would expect 2gb at launch and 4gb cards to follow.

There's ample games out these days that will easily utilise 1gb of graphics memory just running 1080p, so for any future proofing you need 2gb. Any dreams of Eyefinity, double it again.. so even 4gb cards are needed for those with more than one monitor.
I wouldn't recommend putting sauce on a graphics card. Not only is it conductive, it will be a job to get off.:p

HD7800 series (1/2GB GDDR): Jan-Feb, $200/$300
HD7900 series (3GB XD2): Mar-Apr, $400/$500

The source you posted has Jan-Feb for the 7900 series and Mar-Apr for the 7800 series. Again, it doesn't make sense to release the cheaper / mass market cards first if 28nm yields are low.

Back