AlumaxX

My hat is off to you, sir.
I love how you covered so much stuff with aluminum. I always though some parts of a pc were just plain ugly no matter how much you dress them up. This is a better solution IMHO than having umpteen different coloured pcb's in your case that clash so badly.

Xaeon said:
My hat is off to you, sir.
I love how you covered so much stuff with aluminum. I always though some parts of a pc were just plain ugly no matter how much you dress them up. This is a better solution IMHO than having umpteen different coloured pcb's in your case that clash so badly.

I agree, I think I will do a bit myself (thanks to you). On that note, thank you very much for posting yout worklog. It is thanks to you, and others like you, that people who dont know what they are doing , like me, can get inspired and learn a lot. I have learned more in this thread than in any other, so my hat is also off to you.

Thanks guys. It's always nice to see other people like what you are doing. I hope I can fix the hardware problem soon ( first I will try some memory that's on the DDR400 qualified vendors list from ASUS ) and after that I will take care of the last details from this mod.
I already look forward to start the next mod that will be completely different from this one. Selfmade acrylic housing with a PSone screen and other colours, transparant, blue and maybe black. Have some nice ideas I want to try. Hope to find some sponsors though, because my financial resources are somewhat limited.

AlumaxX said:
Thanks guys. It's always nice to see other people like what you are doing. I hope I can fix the hardware problem soon ( first I will try some memory that's on the DDR400 qualified vendors list from ASUS ) and after that I will take care of the last details from this mod.
I already look forward to start the next mod that will be completely different from this one. Selfmade acrylic housing with a PSone screen and other colours, transparant, blue and maybe black. Have some nice ideas I want to try. Hope to find some sponsors though, because my financial resources are somewhat limited.

You must make another thread for that project :)

Started working on the acrylic for the window. One piece of acrylic will cover both windows. Like this.

window2.jpg

Added a small detail on the side, between the two windowholes.

window3.jpg

Wow that is just awsome.
I love the way it all came together.
Hats off to you!

Lazn_Work said:
How do you figure? If the LED's use 7 watts, then the heat generated would be 7 watts, same as a bunch of small resistors.

The resistor will only "use" as many watts as flow through it, being rated at 25W only means that it can handle that much before it lets the magic smoke out.

==>Lazn

Just because an LED uses 7 watts does not mean you need a 7 watt resistor! :rolleyes:

A resistor will ONLY disipate the power it is dropping...

so if you have a 7volt source and you want to drop the voltage to 4 volts (by selecting appropriate resistor impedence) then the resistor is only dissipating 3v x whatever whatever amps is flowing through the circuit....

with that said, the more resistance you use the more power that is wasted.

I would have wired the case with current limiting resistors to clean up the wiring a bit and keep it simple, resistors work fine though. In fact I think one LM317T could have replaced ALL of your resistors, but I prefer to keep LED's in series when using them.

This is one inspirational case.

I've got the system up and working. Some pics in the dark ( without the acrilic window, wasn't finished at this point )

licht1.jpg

licht3.jpg

licht2.jpg

I wasn't happy with the light on the harddisks and the lack of light in the upper right side of the case, so I'm working on some modifications.

The case with the acrylic.

zijkant1.jpg

zijkant2.jpg

Still need to take care of some details like this spot.

afdekplaatje1.jpg

Made an aluminium cover for this spot.

afdekplaatje2.jpg

strip4.jpg

Another spot that needed attention is this place. It needs some white acrylic.

strip1.jpg

Made a small piece for it

strip2.jpg

and mounted it

strip3.jpg

Looks great. Only one question though, is it easy to swap out parts or no?

It depends on what you want to swap. Motherboard or memory sticks will take much time to replace. This is my 6 th computer and I did once swap some hardware ( it was broken ) so it wasn't that important for me. Just wanted to create a good looking machine without seeing all those cables. So I guess I achieved my goal.

Another detail I had to finish is the cover for the PSU cables, the end was still open.

psukabel1.jpg

Just used some aluminium

psukabel2.jpg

After cutting it to the right size and filing it

psukabel3.jpg

and with the polished aluminium in place

psukabel4.jpg

Wow, one question though, is it easy to remove the components? Looking at it, if anything was to die, your f**ked :p

Amazing amazing work though.

This is AMAZING, all the little attention to detail, the little covers you're making just shows the dedication you have, keep it up

Noni said:
Wow, one question though, is it easy to remove the components? Looking at it, if anything was to die, your f**ked :p

he answered that on this page already

Noni said:

AlumaxX said:
It depends on what you want to swap. Motherboard or memory sticks will take much time to replace.

Sounds like it will be a bitch :D

f'ing amazing mod!! water cooled psu, lol I didn't even know that existed.. I can't imagine how much total time was invested into this mod but it's worth it, you mold that alu and acrylic like its putty, real real nice skills :) :cool: :D

After reading through ALL these pages in amazement on the quality of work you do, I am only left to wonder HOW MUCH $$$ did you spend? Did you have any sponsors help you out with the bill or did you front the entire thing?

No sponsor. Don't know what it cost me, but I will look that up soon. Some more pics.
My log is sticky now :eek:

achterzijde.jpg

pomp.jpg

schuinachterdonker.jpg

schuinbovenvoorkant1.jpg

schuinvoor.jpg

schuindonker.jpg

schuinvoorkant.jpg

voedingen.jpg

voorzijde.jpg

zijkantfinal.jpg

voorkantschuinonder.jpg

Wow this is the best looking case I've ever seen, be very proud of your work...I would pay somoene good money to do that kind of thing for me...

very very nice

although im not a fan of the green color, I must say you have impressed me.

Stand up and take a bow.

So now that you have your own personal water reservior...what are your temps, and how does your flowrate hold up going through all of the blocks/pumps/rads?

Good job on the mods...wish I had the time to put into something like this...but alas...my free time is 0.

AlumaxX said:
I worked on the wiring tonight again. I have mounted the plate with the resistors for the leds and bundled the wires a bit.

kabelbundels.jpg

Your wiring skills are godlike. I cannot even begin to believe how much work you did in getting this mod looking this nice.

Now I just need money to start mine :p

Pretty standard stuff there. No ok i dont know what to say
R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D
great work there buddy, everything done is great quality and care. Im sure you already know how awesome all that is. Congrats, all your hardwork really shows in the quality of the parts and pieces. Simply amazing.

There are simply no words. just awe...

one question...

How hard was it to fill that kind of setup....I mean how did you actually fill it because as any watercooler knows, its not just as simple as add water and watch it flow....

just want to know for my next complitcated project.

thanks\!

I honestly don't have anything to say...

Anything I might say to try and make reference to fricken ridiculously gorgeous this mod has turned out would be falling WAY to short, I'm completely amazed.

It's things like this that really do inspire me. I've got the creative thinking to engineer/design something like this, but in terms of the know-how and skills...that's where I fall short.

Oh well, I'll work with what I've got, and continue to look back on what you've done with this case AlumaxX. Even if a mod I'm working on has NOTHING to do with this project, the design and skill that went into this case are mind boggling enough to jar my brain back into gear. :)

Grats for the front-page mention(and sticky). Now to start reading the thread. ^_^

Edit: just saw the pictures posted on this page... Damn man, great work. I knew since you got a frontpage mention it was going to be good, but that is SLICK.

Steve should send you a X360 to go along with it ;)

Nuzzles said:
Grats for the front-page mention(and sticky). Now to start reading the thread. ^_^

Edit: just saw the pictures posted on this page... Damn man, great work. I knew since you got a frontpage mention it was going to be good, but that is SLICK.

Steve should send you a X360 to go along with it ;)

I honestly hadn't read a single word into this thread until I saw the front page mention of it...and I sat here and read through all 6 pages.....well worth the time. :cool:

most case mods, well pretty much 99% are just way too lame/geeky for my tastes.

yours is special man .......phenomenally nice.

really classy and the attention to detail just stands out.

:eek:

I was wondering, what's the order of your watercooled components? I couldn't quite follow it in the pictures, it routes everywhere!

Great work btw!

Just like everyone else posting in here... I have got to say that it is fantastic looking.

Could one put something like glitter in the cooling water, to make it stand out more and perhaps show the motion of the water? I dunno if it'd be a good idea or not, but I suspect it would look cool :)

Back