• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

All time favorite WoW class ??

by fix many of the complaints, do you mean that gear will be hard as hell to get again?

One of the biggest complaints that people have about BC is that people could just farm arenas at 1500 for the season, and get t4/t5/t6 equivalent gear. Blizz has slowly worked on this by putting personal rating into the game.

That didn't help a HUGE amount for s3, but the changes with s4 do help quite a bit as well.

The badge system is a double edged sword. For some classes the pieces in it are best in slot (or damn near). I think it should be good, but not so good that people can completely skip raiding.

As far as rogues, for PVE the top DPS spec is combat swords.
 
Loved my Shadowstep rogue
0/20/41 build. Can 1-shot most mages and other cloth wearers.
 
My UD Shadow Priest is/was my favorite. Followed closely by my Taruen Druid. But these are on a PVE server and I don't play them much at all.

Currently playing Alliance on Ner'zhul...I have an Enhancement shaman that is just fun as all get out, but Alliance still have issues what we bring to the table. Better than when I quit playing him a few months back. Also working on dagger Rogue. He is pretty fun, using a Mutilate build. 41/20.

Some questions I saw:

1. Are druids good? Yeah, they rock. If you are looking to level it fast, go feral until 58. Then spec DOOOOOOOOOMKIN. Keep gear sets for all three spec's. At 70 spec how you like.

2. How did BC kill WoW? Short answer: It didn't. WoW has more subscribers now and is still growing.

The sense of accomplishment changed (someone mentioned this and I agree fully - You only saw a few people that were decked out, but now most people are). Being able to grind PVP for gear pissed off some high end raiders. Although others used it to their advantage as S2 weapons are equivalent to or better than many drops in SSC/TK. Other changes that people complain about no UBRS equivalent instance, people just do dailies for gold and don't run regular 5 man instances, people only run the Heroic of the Day, etc...
 
Beast Spec Hunter. I was marks until the talent changes, but when they revamped beast spec and made pets a viable partner in both solo PVE and PVP I jumped right in without regrets. I've since tried to respect into a decent marks/survival build, but it just wasn't right for me anymore. I'm a casual player now and when I log on I do quests here and there and PVP a lot. It'll also be a good build to have once the expansion comes out (I suck @ the group finding).
 
As far as rogues, for PVE the top DPS spec is combat swords.

So the Combat tree is best for dual swords and no daggers ? I am looking at going the Assassin route, but may change it ? I am looking to have a Rogue that is just a lightning fast attacker, and I don't really care too much for the Stealth stuff, so which Tree and type of weapons is best suited for that ?
 
if ur going combat Mace is best. If ur going shadowstep sword/sword or sword/dagger is best. If ur going mutilate, u go dual daggers.
 
When I played (long time ago), I thoroughly enjoyed playing my undead warlock. I also had a thief and a hunter. Hunter was okay, and thief was boring at the time.

I have been cured long enough that I cannot remember which tree I went with for the 'lock. But I do remember I had two different builds that I liked depending on the situation. While going solo, until I was 60, I typically used my voidwalker to hold argo while I would dance around and dot or nuke. Once I started playing more PvP, I switched over and started using the succubus more. I used the succubus more because it helped out against the thieves.
 
Is everyone coming back with WoTLK release this Fall ?? Also what is the next big patch release ?? I heard mounts at Level30 :cool:

I might go back if my buddy decides to play wow. I'll level up with him for awhile and then probably get power leveled to 60 if I get bored because I'm into raiding.
 
When I played (long time ago), I thoroughly enjoyed playing my undead warlock. I also had a thief and a hunter. Hunter was okay, and thief was boring at the time.

I have been cured long enough that I cannot remember which tree I went with for the 'lock. But I do remember I had two different builds that I liked depending on the situation. While going solo, until I was 60, I typically used my voidwalker to hold argo while I would dance around and dot or nuke. Once I started playing more PvP, I switched over and started using the succubus more. I used the succubus more because it helped out against the thieves.

Are you sure you played wow? There are no thieves :D
 
So the Combat tree is best for dual swords and no daggers ? I am looking at going the Assassin route, but may change it ? I am looking to have a Rogue that is just a lightning fast attacker, and I don't really care too much for the Stealth stuff, so which Tree and type of weapons is best suited for that ?

You can use swords, daggers, maces or fists in the combat tree. HOWEVER, the top dps involves swords due to the nature of the sword spec proc (i.e. you get an extra swing).

Assassination is generally daggers, mainly because the 41 point talent is dagger dependent.

Subtlety can be either, but 99.95% will (and should) go with Maces/swords/fists. Daggers are pretty much absolutely HORRIBLE for a heavy sub build. There are some people that swear by it, but the main attack (Hemorrhage) relies on weapon speed, and daggers are simply too fast for it. You want a high dmg, slow attack speed weapon for it.
 
You can use swords, daggers, maces or fists in the combat tree. HOWEVER, the top dps involves swords due to the nature of the sword spec proc (i.e. you get an extra swing).

Assassination is generally daggers, mainly because the 41 point talent is dagger dependent.

Subtlety can be either, but 99.95% will (and should) go with Maces/swords/fists. Daggers are pretty much absolutely HORRIBLE for a heavy sub build. There are some people that swear by it, but the main attack (Hemorrhage) relies on weapon speed, and daggers are simply too fast for it. You want a high dmg, slow attack speed weapon for it.


What is the difference between Assassination with dual daggers vs. Combat with what Dual swords or dagger + sword ?
 
What is the difference between Assassination with dual daggers vs. Combat with what Dual swords or dagger + sword ?

Main difference is going to be the attack you use.

Deep Assassination is going to be mutilate, where you stab with both daggers at once and get more dmg from a poisoned target. You'll get Cold Blood as well, which gives you 100% crit chance on your next offensive move (generally reserved for a finishing move). You also have to be behind the target. After that it's a few key talents. Assassination is basically a PVP tree.

Combat has always been a PVE tree. You'll be using Sinister Strike instead of Mutilate (with swords/maces/fists), and you'll pick up blade flurry and Adrenaline Rush. Blade Flurry hits 2 targets, AR gives you faster energy regen for more hits in a shorter amount of time. After that there are a few subtle and minor differences. Positioning doesn't matter as much, though behind is still preferable.
 
PVE (solo or with small groups) I had most fun with druid. Very flexible class. Stealth, can heal, can nuke, can melee.
PVP not so much. As a healer you tended to get hammered on first and they are kinda crunchy in two legged form.
 
PVE (solo or with small groups) I had most fun with druid. Very flexible class. Stealth, can heal, can nuke, can melee.
PVP not so much. As a healer you tended to get hammered on first and they are kinda crunchy in two legged form.

is that a fucking joke?

druids are the best healers in pvp. check the top healers in 2vs2 and 3vs3
 
PVE (solo or with small groups) I had most fun with druid. Very flexible class. Stealth, can heal, can nuke, can melee.
PVP not so much. As a healer you tended to get hammered on first and they are kinda crunchy in two legged form.

is that a fucking joke?

druids are the best healers in pvp. check the top healers in 2vs2 and 3vs3

Agreed. lol. Resto druids don't die, period. I would trade my fully vengeful Priest for a 70 resto Druid with blues.
 
is that a fucking joke?

druids are the best healers in pvp. check the top healers in 2vs2 and 3vs3

I never said they were bad healers :rolleyes:, only in PVP you tend to get hammered on alot (first to die) so to speak.
 
droods are OP right now. They don't die. Yes they are crunchy in two legged form, but they don't need to stay in that form very long at all, and they also have lots of snares.
 
I never said they were bad healers :rolleyes:, only in PVP you tend to get hammered on alot (first to die) so to speak.

Resto druid + any DPS is good in 2v2s :p

2v2s are usually DPS + healer teams, and the battles go like this (in a nutshell) from your standpoint.

1. Bear charge.
2. Cyclone
3. Throw hots
4. Redo cyclone, or roots.
5. Travel form
6. Out mana the other healer because youre a fucking drood.
 
Combat has always been a PVE tree. You'll be using Sinister Strike instead of Mutilate (with swords/maces/fists), and you'll pick up blade flurry and Adrenaline Rush. Blade Flurry hits 2 targets, AR gives you faster energy regen for more hits in a shorter amount of time. After that there are a few subtle and minor differences. Positioning doesn't matter as much, though behind is still preferable.

So to me it sounds like Combat is the Tree for me, I mainly just want to attack at warp speed, so Combat I think will suit me the best ? Just pick all the talents in the beginning on that tree, or are there certain specific talents I should go with for the first ten or so ??


And for Combat again, do I use Sword + Dagger, or Dual Swords ? But swords are much slower than daggers ? Thanks for all the advice I appreciate it
 
Orc Warrior for sure. Did the MS and DW fury builds with him.

Played Feb '05 - July '07.
 
So to me it sounds like Combat is the Tree for me, I mainly just want to attack at warp speed, so Combat I think will suit me the best ? Just pick all the talents in the beginning on that tree, or are there certain specific talents I should go with for the first ten or so ??


And for Combat again, do I use Sword + Dagger, or Dual Swords ? But swords are much slower than daggers ? Thanks for all the advice I appreciate it

combat dual swords or maces. Faster weapon in the offhand.

get riposte, imp slice and dice, dual wield spec, blade flurry, sword spec, adrenaline rush, etc.
 
droods are OP right now. They don't die. Yes they are crunchy in two legged form, but they don't need to stay in that form very long at all, and they also have lots of snares.

That is a good example of why I gave up on WoW. I liked the versatility that a druid has (spec/gear as anything and do anything well ish), but tired of the "Ferals are OP", "Restos are OP"posts, chats, etc. The so-called community just seems to be a bunch of dorks sitting around their screens disparaging each other's favorite class.

But enough biatching myself, I tend to just avoid multiplayer games in general now, +1 to sanity for me.
 
That is a good example of why I gave up on WoW. I liked the versatility that a druid has (spec/gear as anything and do anything well ish), but tired of the "Ferals are OP", "Restos are OP"posts, chats, etc. The so-called community just seems to be a bunch of dorks sitting around their screens disparaging each other's favorite class.

But enough biatching myself, I tend to just avoid multiplayer games in general now, +1 to sanity for me.

I played a druid that my friend gave me in S1/S2 gear. This was in season 3. I was never hit 1700 in arena on my priest, but instant in season 3 i hit 1750 as a resto druid.
 
The reason that people bitch about druids are OP isn't so much the fact that they are, but the fact that they can run from one side of the map to the other, healing without stopping.

Class mechanics negate any kind of snare, simply with a form change. A good druid will HoT, run, and drink while the opposing team is acting like the dog from the old Looney Tunes... Der which way did he go which way did he go which way did he go?

There is a reason that class makeups are skewed so much to certain comps; they just work. People want druids because they don't want to hear "FUCK FUCK FUCK SPELL LOCKED/COUNTERED/SILENCED/KICKED/PUMMELED/SHIELDBASHED" from a paladin.

You ever heard the term 2345 team? You know why it's calld that? because that's the buttons an elemental shaman has to push for the team to burst down the first person and win the game (most of the time).

The team comps you see most often (RMP, Warrior/Ret/Shaman, etc) come about simply because they *work*. The classes synergize with the given abilities well enough to make the teams top contenders.

Except hunters. Hunters get fucked in arenas.
 
When I played WoW, I loved DW Fury Warrior. It was fun in PvE, but in pvp you were always owned by some big tauren with a huge axe.

That game needs a lot of work, so that's why I quit it a while ago and started TF2!
 
Except hunters. Hunters get fucked in arenas.

Druid/Hunter = Instant 1850.

I've seen some bad hunters get 1850 with this comp. Like people I wouldn't bother bringing to raids. Because they were mildly retarded.
 
Druid/Hunter = Instant 1850.

I've seen some bad hunters get 1850 with this comp. Like people I wouldn't bother bringing to raids. Because they were mildly retarded.

Compared to absolutely ANY other class, I believe hunters have the lowest makeup of class mix.
 
Compared to absolutely ANY other class, I believe hunters have the lowest makeup of class mix.
Hunters have alot of usability in 2s and 3s.
Shamans, if you are not resto you cannot 2v2.
And even then still hard to find a good 3s team, Shamans are too easy to kill/los.
They rape faces 5v5 though.

Druid/Hunter = Instant 1850.

I've seen some bad hunters get 1850 with this comp. Like people I wouldn't bother bringing to raids. Because they were mildly retarded.
My Rogue/Priest team destroys this most of the time.

Rogue shadowstep + sap hunter, and gets on pet.
I cast two mana burns on hunter
Rogue kidney shots hunter
Free 3 mana burns
I fear
mana burn
Hunter = OOM.
Hopefully the pet is dead, and I am free to drink.

Rest of the fight I channel Mind Flay on the druid to slow him down so rogue can keep beating on his ass, mana burn when possible. Of course dispelling / fearing when need be / possible.

We usually destroy everything but Warrior teams, dont have a strat for them yet.
 
unfortunately for you, 50% of 2vs2 teams consist of warrior+x :p

MS warrior + xhealer = instant 1700 :rolleyes:

If the warrior goes on me, I can ususally last against him longer than the healer can against my rogue. But, if the warrior goes on my rogue, I have to sit and chain heal, so I go oom, plus the other healer is free to do whatever. (Mana burns, cyclone, etc.)

If my rogue goes on warrior, then he is fed with free rage and a 100raged out warrior can kill me pretty damn quick.

Basically the only time we win is when the warrior trinkets out of my fear, and we blind+sap him. I mind flay healer, my rogue wrecks him, and I pop Power Infusion and mana burn the healer to death.
 
Back
Top