I appears to be "Left for Dead" with Aliens. I would much rather have a horror suspense Alien game then straight up action.

Looks good was going to post this.
Daybreak is Sony Online Entertainment basically.

Looks good was going to post this.
Daybreak is Sony basically.
No, they have not been SOE or part of Sony since 2015. They're currently owned by EG7, who has been on a purchasing spree of developers in the past year.

I'll give it a try, Aliens is one of my favorite movies so I hope they get it right. I had fun with Aliens Online way back in the day and that was very primitive.

Looks decent, not a fan of third person really but it could be good. Realistically I just want a sequel to the 2011 AvP game - had some definite flaws but I loved that game.

I like the concept, but I'm not thrilled by the teaser. Animations look extremely stiff, sounds are poor, and the weapons look pretty lame. Colonial Marines sucked balls, but one thing it did really well was sound and weapon designs. Each weapon that was created for the game (not already existing designs like the M41A) fit the universe's aesthetic absolutely perfectly.. these seem out of place. *shrug* I'll follow along and see what its reception is like though.

I like the concept, but I'm not thrilled by the teaser. Animations look extremely stiff, sounds are poor, and the weapons look pretty lame. Colonial Marines sucked balls, but one thing it did really well was sound and weapon designs. Each weapon that was created for the game (not already existing designs like the M41A) fit the universe's aesthetic absolutely perfectly.. these seem out of place. *shrug* I'll follow along and see what its reception is like though.
It does say "early alpha footage" at the bottom, but that doesn't mean anything in there will change by release. Alpha means the game is feature complete if they're using the term properly, which doesn't mean assets are complete.

I always wanted a L4D type game in the Aliens universe. Colonial Marines was supposed to offer that. But this looks promising.

I was really excited for Colonial Marines before that came out and turned out to be a turd. Hopefully this will be good.

I was really excited for Colonial Marines before that came out and turned out to be a turd. Hopefully this will be good.
Yeah, I ended up playing it and beating it. It wasn't great. The only shining moment in the game imo was returning to Hadley's Hope, it looked strait out of the movie, which was cool.

Aliens is the perfect franchise for a co-op game...the trailer doesn't look all that great but the potential for a good game is there...I thought AvP 2010 was excellent in terms of actually nailing the feel of playing as an Alien or Predator

I thought it looked like poop myself. o_O
1614827876777.png

its alpha so its not finish. i think you need to re-read the thread, i dont see any "im impressed(s)"
I think YOU need to re read the thread as I don't really see any very negative comments other than one and again most seem positive.

i dont see whatever you think youre seeing. have at 'er...
BTW saying that most seem to be impressed does not literally mean that people said "I am impressed". I expected people to be thinking this looked like crap but I think only one person said the trailer did not look all that great.

Last edited:
It shows promise, to me, which is why I wasn't shitting on it. I'm still skeptical until I see some real gameplay on the finished product.

What the games needs is progression from one area to the next just amp up the difficulty like GTFO.

its alpha so its not finish. i think you need to re-read the thread, i dont see any "im impressed(s)"
that's true to some extent, but this is releasing this summer... I seriously doubt it's going to get any major changes from the stuff they're showing in the teaser

that's true to some extent, but this is releasing this summer... I seriously doubt it's going to get any major changes from the stuff they're showing in the teaser
"summer 2021" goes till sept, lots of time for improvements.

I don't see anything game breaking levels of bad. The only thing that really bothered me are the walking \ running animations looking a bit "skate-y". I figure they may improve by launch. If they don't, they may be way less noticeable when you're actually playing and in the thick of things.

At the end of the day it's not a AAA game, Aliens games never are. Similar to Warhammer games. They always seem to be made by the cheapest bidder. Anyone going into this expecting the polish of games with 100+ million dollar budgets is going to be disappointed.

I fully expect the game not to be perfect. That doesn't mean it can't be fun.

I think if they price it right ($20-$30) I can accept the current quality level provided it's fun. Honestly they could rip off Deep Rock Galactic and have a ship based lobby and 20 minute bug hunts which you drop into and I will be happy if the action feels good.

My expectations are kinda low on this one.

My only hangup is third person. Never feels right to me. I'm playing Warframe right now and it doesn't feel right as a shooter.

Sounds a lot like World War Z which is ok with me. Levelling kits and weapons and having missions across 4 campaigns.

Back