Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

Seller ta_planet has dropped the Shimian QH270 lite down to $335. Wonder what everyone's pricing will look like in a few days. Competition must be getting a little stiff.

The thing about most monitor boxes, is they are made to basically be shipped as is. Shipping many products now days in their own box is not any problem at all for the damage. The problem comes from theft when anyone in the supply chain and even your neighbors can see exactly what you bought and yank it from your porch.

does this only apply to full screen games?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record there is a LUT loader called Monitor Calibration Wizard which enforces your calibration at all times and it works for all games. When you launch a game you can see the game removing the calibration and then within <1 second MCW detects this and changes it straight back to the calibration LUT. The only downside is that MCW, like windows LUT loader, is only 8-bit so you get some slight banding on ramps, but this banding is virtually unnoticeable on actual content.

On a side note, regarding my earlier complaints about screen wobble, it seems that a lot of the wobble has to do with the stability of the desk it is on. On a table that is totally solid and doesn't have any movement to it the wobble is much less of an issue.

NCX, WOW ... nice video that really captures the quality of that display nicely. Would it be possible for you to make a video of you playing games on this display re-creating the same conditions as this first video. Lighting, quality of video, distance, etc. It would really give potential owners a clear ideal of what this monitor looks like under gaming conditions as well. Maybe WoW, BF3, or whatever you have, maybe 5 minutes or so of footage. Great many of us would be very appreciative.

NCX, WOW ... nice video that really captures the quality of that display nicely. Would it be possible for you to make a video of you playing games on this display re-creating the same conditions as this first video. Lighting, quality of video, distance, etc. It would really give potential owners a clear ideal of what this monitor looks like under gaming conditions as well. Maybe WoW, BF3, or whatever you have, maybe 5 minutes or so of footage. Great many of us would be very appreciative.

Yes please NCX, I would appreciate this kind of video too!!

Seller ta_planet has dropped the Shimian QH270 lite down to $335. Wonder what everyone's pricing will look like in a few days. Competition must be getting a little stiff.
$335 shipped is amazing imho, never imagined prices would have dropped that much so quickly.

The other sellers haven't matched yet.

$335 shipped is amazing imho, never imagined prices would have dropped that much so quickly.

The other sellers haven't matched yet.

Yea I thought the same thing. I think the influx of "new" sellers have pushed prices down considerably as there are only so many buyers compared to seller and stock ratios. It's getting really hard to not cave and just hurl my wallet at my 930b lol . . .

At the risk of sounding like a broken record there is a LUT loader called Monitor Calibration Wizard which enforces your calibration at all times and it works for all games. When you launch a game you can see the game removing the calibration and then within <1 second MCW detects this and changes it straight back to the calibration LUT. The only downside is that MCW, like windows LUT loader, is only 8-bit so you get some slight banding on ramps, but this banding is virtually unnoticeable on actual content.

Yes, it has always worked for me (nvidia), and I have played like 200 games with it (both ancient and recent titles).

Does anyone know if this monitor will display native 1280x720p input? I've been searching for days and still can't get anyone to confirm. If anyone has an HDMI to DVI adapter and a PS3 or 360, it would be awesome if you could try connecting it and seeing if it works at 1280x720.

It ought to display it, but unless you get the model with the scaler it won't take up the whole screen. Get the scaler and input lag goes up.

It ought to display it, but unless you get the model with the scaler it won't take up the whole screen. Get the scaler and input lag goes up.

So it doesn't have pixel doubling then? This is why I'd really like someone to confirm because I keep seeing conflicting reports from people who haven't actually tried it.

So it doesn't have pixel doubling then? This is why I'd really like someone to confirm because I keep seeing conflicting reports from people who haven't actually tried it.

Don't believe so, but I can check later today -- if I can find my HDMI to DVI cable that is.

Ya dispite us thinking this is hot, these are nowhere near hot, alot of these models have sold less than 50 units for each seller.

Ya dispite us thinking this is hot, these are nowhere near hot, alot of these models have sold less than 50 units for each seller.
That doesn't take expired listings into account, i saw an old expired listing the other day and i think it was 98 units(?) or some other high number.

For the single-input dual-DVI:

The Catleap 2C revision (which is the only one that seems to be shipping)
accepts 720P from 360 and PS3 and does pixel doubling to fill the screen.

The Catleap 2B revision (overclockable one) does not accept 720P
and may not have HDCP.

Most of the current batch of Korean monitor are probably similar to Catleap 2C revision.

I'm thinking about getting a Samsung S23A700D and the Crossover (Or one of the Korean monitors). The question is I have is would a GTX 560Ti be able to drive this if I game on the Samsung and Surf/E-Mail/etc. on the Crossover. Also (incoming noob question) how do you even do that and what impact will it have performance wise in game? Thanks in advance.

Anyone have one of these? Which board to they have and can they be overclocked? It's the QH270-Lite Achieva ShiMian 27".

Anyone have one of these? Which board to they have and can they be overclocked? It's the QH270-Lite Achieva ShiMian 27".

As far as I understand it, none of the Korean monitors can be overclocked now due to running changes. The Catleap could be overclocked to around 100 Hz and one of the other monitors could go to around 68 Hz (IIRC). There is a chance that the guys over at Overclock.net will be able to get PCBs and cables made to overclock the Catleaps but, that has fallen through a few times now because companies either can't do what they say they can or they inexplicably pullout.

I'm not sure if anyone here has picked up the QH270-lite but there are members at Overclock.net that have. Also, members here and there own the other versions of the QH270 which are pretty much the same as the lite except the other versions have speakers and there is a model that also adds tempered glass.

As far as I understand it, none of the Korean monitors can be overclocked now due to running changes. The Catleap could be overclocked to around 100 Hz and one of the other monitors could go to around 68 Hz (IIRC). There is a chance that the guys over at Overclock.net will be able to get PCBs and cables made to overclock the Catleaps but, that has fallen through a few times now because companies either can't do what they say they can or they inexplicably pullout.

I'm not sure if anyone here has picked up the QH270-lite but there are members at Overclock.net that have. Also, members here and there own the other versions of the QH270 which are pretty much the same as the lite except the other versions have speakers and there is a model that also adds tempered glass.

More interested in finding out if they have the 2C board to support pixel doubling than actually overclocking, but thanks, I'll check over at OC.net and see if they have more info. The thread over there is nearly 400 pages long though...

The most the Achieva does is 66hz. After that it's a corrupted image or none at all.

More interested in finding out if they have the 2C board to support pixel doubling than actually overclocking, but thanks, I'll check over at OC.net and see if they have more info. The thread over there is nearly 400 pages long though...

That I'm not sure about sorry.

2 Catleaps ordered from samsung_korea for $358.60 each. Bought last night, shipped last night.

Just because the seller marks them as shipped doesn't necessarily mean they've shipped. At least according to some posts in this thread before (and I believe it's so that they can get their money from Paypal sooner)...

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just because the seller marks them as shipped doesn't necessarily mean they've shipped. At least according to some posts in this thread before (and I believe it's so that they can get their money from Paypal sooner)...
It does if you're ordering from dcsamsungmall... that guy is freaky fast.

It does if you're ordering from dcsamsungmall... that guy is freaky fast.

Oh, I completely forgot he'd ordered from that guy. Okay then, maybe he DID ship that same day, lol :D

EDIT: Or not, just read his post again. Sorry, doing too many things at once.

Yes, I've heard many great things about dcsamsungmall, and also how he packages his stuff properly. I'd be ordering from him if another [H] member wasn't selling me their panel.

Yeah I saw that in perusing the thread. In this case though, the FedEx number checks out, so now it's just a question of the wait and hoping it's dead-pixel free.

As I posted above, the 2C does pixel doubling on 360 and PS3 fine. There's no OSD so you can't tell it to do 1:1 pixel mapping though. If you get a 2B I'll gladly trade you my 2C for it :D

As I posted above, the 2C does pixel doubling on 360 and PS3 fine. There's no OSD so you can't tell it to do 1:1 pixel mapping though. If you get a 2B I'll gladly trade you my 2C for it :D

Yeah, and it looks like the one I want to order is a confirmed 2C. Just need to pull the trigger...

Got my 2nd and 3rd Crossover LED-P yesterday from Samsung_Korea seller. I paid for it Tuesday morning and delivered to Southern CA Thursday afternoon. Amazing. He shipped in plain box with less packing than DCSamsungMall but both monitors are working just fine. All 3 of my power bricks are 230V rated but worked fine with regular power cable. My new battle station is here.

04d0e795.jpg

Back