Acer Predator XB271HU - 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB 144hz

he packed up Asus not Acer

Guess i need to upgrade my monitor and/or eyes :cool::D. These 271s really do look top notch. I'm just holding out until CES to see if the pool of gsync IPS increases. Hopefully with more gsync competition the 'gsync tax' will lessen.

After calibration this monitor is dope. For 800 can't complain. Fantastic monitor. Minor IPS glow/back light bleed. Reduced by orienting the screen.

Also GSYNC is the shit.

I use

90 R Gain, 90 G Gain and 100 B Gain.
Brightness 60 rest all settings same as stock.
Then I added the ICC profile linked on overclock.net thread.

Since then, I virtually have no bleed. Just glow on corner which is not visible in game especially in Witcher 3 which is my litmus test for blacks. The mission wandering in the dark really showed me how much BLB I had on my Asus.

I use

Since then, I virtually have no bleed. Just glow on corner which is not visible in game especially in Witcher 3 which is my litmus test for blacks. The mission wandering in the dark really showed me how much BLB I had on my Asus.

Interesting, I didn't know RGB settings and ICC profiles could eliminate back light bleed.

Just got my monitor via shopBLT, fantastic quality. Waiting until later to check BLB/Glow. Haven't calibrated yet, everyone using same calibration?

Hey guys, I just set my monitor up and was doing some testing (currently have it hooked via HDMI 60hz thru a laptop for testing)

I loaded up a solid black image and was checking it out for the "IPS GLOW"/BLB and this is what I came up with.

This is at 30 brightness, but I only noticed it when I looked at it thru the camera on my galaxy s6. It doesn't look anything like this until I looked thru it with the camera/took the pictures.

My question is this acceptable, and is it only supposed to have BLB while looking at it thru the camera? I don't notice this at all when looking at it with the naked eye.
2uf9jkz.jpg

28bwigm.jpg

jwl24 try taking a video instead of pictures and compare the results, post the youtube here if you don't mind.

Just remember, bleed is different than glow. The glow will change from the angle you view the monitor as well as the distance. The bleed stays the same regardless.

I use

I saw the profile over at that thread, is this the only one that's around? I assume TFT Central will have theirs soon-ish. Debating on picking up an iD3 just to have one around and to get this monitor as close to perfect as possible :cool:

I will officially say I believe I've made the best Surround gaming display setup in the world. This thing is just ridiculous in person... :D

LL

LL

LL

These monitors are pretty good!

LL

I haven't even calibrated them yet.

OSD:

Contrast: 50
Brightness: 20
Color Mode: User 100/100/100
Gamma 2.2

The uniformity between them all is pretty amazing.

This is one demanding setup. Pascal cannot come soon enough!

Vega, at the risk of you repeating yourself for probably the millionth time: Any reason you chose this Acer over the new Asus?

Sorry no 1080 vertical resolution isn't enough for me.

For the best overall gaming monitor, I still give the nod to the 21:9 100 Hz Acer X34.

You still feel this way? This market is a tough call for me. I'm just trying to get my bearings. Thanks for sharing all that stuff with everyone. :)

Yes on the X34. 3440x1440 isn't bad. I'd prefer larger but it's the best single solution so far for overall gaming. The XB271HU the nod for those that need the speed all the time like mainly FPS player.

Yes on the X34. 3440x1440 isn't bad. I'd prefer larger but it's the best single solution so far for overall gaming. The XB271HU the nod for those that need the speed all the time like mainly FPS player.

I think this is up to the user. Personally, I find even 27" to be a bit too big for my taste. I couldn't really comprehend widescreen. 23-25" is about my sweet spot for what I can take in. I prefer the dual monitor setup with the 27" though because it's easier for development purposes.

With a single 980ti I'd definitely be going more in the direction of the 27. Thanks for the tips.

It just depends on how you want to run the display. Remember, trying to get 165 FPS/Hz on the XB2721HU is almost as much horsepower required as 100 FPS/Hz on the X34.

I spent the weekend praying it was my dp cable that was defective and having tested my new cable my prayers have been answered. Initially it didn't seem to work but I managed to get dp working by disabling SLI, connecting both HDMI and DP cables to the same card, then enabling SLI, having NV control panel autoselect my second card's function, switching to dp then disconnecting HDMI.

Holy god 165 hz is like liquid. Merely dragging windows around my desktop was fun. Can't wait to revisit some twitchy games with this display. Vega your setup is magnificent; it just might top that stripped bezel samsung setup you posted over on WSGF a few years ago. I'm going to buy four more of these babies when the price drops and I finish the non-multi-monitor supporting games in my library.

I spent the weekend praying it was my dp cable that was defective and having tested my new cable my prayers have been answered. Initially it didn't seem to work but I managed to get dp working by disabling SLI, connecting both HDMI and DP cables to the same card, then enabling SLI, having NV control panel autoselect my second card's function, switching to dp then disconnecting HDMI.

Holy god 165 hz is like liquid. Merely dragging windows around my desktop was fun. Can't wait to revisit some twitchy games with this display. Vega your setup is magnificent; it just might top that stripped bezel samsung setup you posted over on WSGF a few years ago. I'm going to buy four more of these babies when the price drops and I finish the non-multi-monitor supporting games in my library.

Did you go from 60 hz to 165 hz? When I went from 60 hz to 120 hz, I was blown away. From 120 to 165, I'm guessing most people probably can't tell difference.

I've been doing some testing with mine, I have (I think) 1 small dead pixel lower right corner, hardly can see it unless I'm focusing hard on it and on completely bright white screen.

Below is some tests for BLB, recorded and shot photos with my galaxy tab, used 3 different settings for the pics (auto iso/iso100/iso200) all at brightness 20 and did a white background test as well, i think i managed a good panel, what do you guys think? I did my best to show off the monitor via photos/video, compared to the ****ty quality that my s6 edge showed previously (same monitor btw)

https://youtu.be/Suojg-vaZ5Y

Did you go from 60 hz to 165 hz? When I went from 60 hz to 120 hz, I was blown away. From 120 to 165, I'm guessing most people probably can't tell difference.

Yeah my previous monitor was an old 60 hz dell that I mentioned in an earlier post. The Acer is the first new monitor I've purchased in 12 years. I was initially skeptical as to whether the performance increase from 120 or 144 to 165 hz would be even perceptible but some people do notice including one of the guys at pcper who tested the Asus PG279, which has the same panel.

got mine last night
mine has blb bottom right corner but i'm not that picky so it doesn't really bother me that much
lVAidzQ.jpg

yea it needs some work obviously =>

Ugg, most games treat the second titan-X that has the two outer monitors connected as a simple "relay" card and not doing any actual SLI processing. Been messing around with many SLI compatibility flags etc can't make it work properly. Strange as BF4 works great. It's like some ways SLI is rendered is forced by the driver no matter what. Like in DCS, 3x1 SLI works great and I get 120 + FPS. But I engage the far side monitors 5x1 and then the FPS drops down to 40 with no SLI usage. :mad: Most games act this way.

I think I may just sell off the two end monitors and stick with 3x1. So many less problems with 3x1 connected to the one card and SLI works much better. ;) The key appears to have all monitors connected to the "main" card as the drivers act completely different than with monitors connected to multiple cards. Not sure if it's a bandwidth issue or what.

Ugg, most games treat the second titan-X that has the two outer monitors connected as a simple "relay" card and not doing any actual SLI processing. Been messing around with many SLI compatibility flags etc can't make it work properly. Strange as BF4 works great. It's like some ways SLI is rendered is forced by the driver no matter what. Like in DCS, 3x1 SLI works great and I get 120 + FPS. But I engage the far side monitors 5x1 and then the FPS drops down to 40 with no SLI usage. :mad: Most games act this way.

I think I may just sell off the two end monitors and stick with 3x1. So many less problems with 3x1 connected to the one card and SLI works much better. ;) The key appears to have all monitors connected to the "main" card as the drivers act completely different than with monitors connected to multiple cards. Not sure if it's a bandwidth issue or what.

Sorry to hear that. Well I'm sure you will find some quick buyers who don't want to play the lottery! Makes me wish I had waited a bit and just bought one from you. :)

edit. saw your thread.

Just got an order in at Amazon. Will this finally be my gaming monitor of choice, or will I stick with my Dell S2716DG? Only time will tell.

Back