a

• Thread starter Deleted member 104402
  • Start date
Bah, that's it then. I'm @5GHz. =\

California suburbs - 6 hundred bazillion 2.4GHz 802.11b/g routers all conflicting with each other. Sigh... Guess I'm gonna have to figure out how to route a patch cord halfway around my house. So annoying :(

California suburbs - 6 hundred bazillion 2.4GHz 802.11b/g routers all conflicting with each other. Sigh... Guess I'm gonna have to figure out how to route a patch cord halfway around my house. So annoying :(

That is supremely disappointing. I use 5GHz, 2.4 is for guests.

I have the 500mbps powerline adapters going across my house. Not great for pc but works great for playstation.

I get 7-8 Mb/s in 2100 square foot house.

Why did you buy it if you felt there were not any decent games worth buying? I'm going to guess you bought it so you could Ebay it during the Christmas season but since there is actually extra stock to go around you are going to hang onto it for now? Not trying to be rude just curious.

It was well known it couldn't do DLNA streaming in advance. They've already confirmed that DLNA support is coming in a future patch.

Don't hold back on my account.. its all internet anonymous and even if not still wouldn't offend me. Pre-ordered first day wanted some decent few games (but launch lineup is meh) and use mostly for bluray(my Frys one is a pos) netflix, mkv, media. I have a killer B&W 5.1 SVS PB12 setup to go with. The PS3 did the Netflix integration so well which is what I knew would get with PS4.
On the fence on either ebay or keeping it for the next 5+years. I'm still gonna sell it even at MSRP on ebay if I have to.

On flip side: If it turned out I really loved the PS4 and Sony delivered all the above disappointments.. and stock ended up being scarce I would still probably pull the trigger on $200 profit and buy it 6months later. To each his own. I already have an HTCP and a decent gaming PC.

Last edited:
? Not sure how.

In my theater it lights up the whole screen, destroys the contrast.

I got my ps4 directly below my screen. No issues with it lighting up anything. Of course I'm not playing in the same mode as I watch movies. For gaming I run lamp on high and I'm not even sure if the iris is active. I also have the lights just dimmed and not off. Are you trying to play in complete darkness or something?

Don't hold back on my account.. its all internet anonymous and even if not still wouldn't offend me. Pre-ordered first day wanted some decent few games (but launch lineup is meh) and use mostly for bluray(my Frys one is a pos) netflix, mkv, media. I have a killer B&W 5.1 SVS PB12 setup to go with. The PS3 did the Netflix integration so well which is what I knew would get with PS4.
On the fence on either ebay or keeping it for the next 5+years. I'm still gonna sell it even at MSRP on ebay if I have to.

On flip side: If it turned out I really loved the PS4 and Sony delivered all the above disappointments.. and stock ended up being scarce I would still probably pull the trigger on $200 profit and buy it 6months later. To each his own. I already have an HTCP and a decent gaming PC.

While I agree it varies from area to area, I sold mine for $750, which is a profit I'm more than happy with. People want these, and they're willing to pay when stock diminishes even for a day. Also, people are dumb.

I previously had my PS4 running vertical (?) so the buttons and discs come out front ways, and the fan exhausted out of the back towards the wall. There was only like 2 inches of space. Got pretty hot. Put it sideways and it cooled way down. I just don't like the cables coming out the side. Looks weird.

10893314484_f6fb05249d_b.jpg

Oh, and the DS4 is amazing. As I told my friend, "If you imagine holding two perfect boobs in each hand you will have the DS4."

I can totally tell Injustice was pretty much a direct copy from the PS3. It's still pretty fun though.

Last edited:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008LTPFG6/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1384641389&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Issue solved.

Really don't want to sub to this service I might try it for a few games and break it off.
49.00 is way too much for a year. It should be like 29.00.

See you are paying for the free to play games they offer is what you are paying for or bandwidth maybe.

You are incredibly wrong about PS+. You get a LOT of free and discounted stuff with your membership. It's totally worth it. You should look into it more.

What do you guys think of Remote Play? For those who have tried it, is your PS4 wired or wireless?
Dude, it's awesome. I have my PS4 on a wired network and the Vita direct connected to the PS4 over Wi-Fi. It seems like the video on the Vita lags behind the PS4 by a half second tops. Playing Knack over Remote Play was actually really fun and at the time genuinely convenient. I got really good performance even when I moved upstairs and outside on the front porch. I have to check again but it looks like the quality is dynamic. Compression artifacts weren't much of a problem while I was playing with it.

I got my ps4 directly below my screen. No issues with it lighting up anything. Of course I'm not playing in the same mode as I watch movies. For gaming I run lamp on high and I'm not even sure if the iris is active. I also have the lights just dimmed and not off. Are you trying to play in complete darkness or something?

Yea it's in a theater.

You are incredibly wrong about PS+. You get a LOT of free and discounted stuff with your membership. It's totally worth it. You should look into it more.

You sir are correct. The free games throughout the year are great. I have xbox gold and the games are garbage.. who cares if you can keep it if you don't have gold. Why would anyone want to give up PS+? =)

You sir are correct. The free games throughout the year are great. I have xbox gold and the games are garbage.. who cares if you can keep it if you don't have gold. Why would anyone want to give up PS+? =)

Now that it's required, I bet the number of good free games decreases drastically.

I played a bit of AC4 today (rented it) but WOW one of the best features of the PS4 is the remote play with the Vita! This is how I imagined it should have been with the PS3 if every game supported it. AC4 look great on the vita, and the controls were well mapped out. This is the Vita's killer app and the transitioning is so flawless. I was in the middle of the game and I turned on the vita, and connected, and it just took over. I disconnected, and the PS4 took over, though I had to turn on the DS4 again since the PS4 turned the controller off. Picture quality was just great, better than any vita game :).

When you guys use the Vita.. can you login and play without turning on your tv? When I play games on my WIi U, the TV can be off.. Also how is it playing on the little screen?

We're talking about the light on the controller here, not the system itself. And I'd assume anyone with a PJ is trying to play in complete darkness, PJs look like absolute shit with any other ambient light present.

I haven't tried turning on the PS4 with the Vita, but I have done that with the PS3. I am assuming you can, I'll give it a try next time I play I just played too much already ;).

With the PS4 completely off I couldn't turn on the PS4 with my Vita. Maybe if you were to leave the PS4 in the standby mode.

While I agree it varies from area to area, I sold mine for $750, which is a profit I'm more than happy with. People want these, and they're willing to pay when stock diminishes even for a day. Also, people are dumb.

That's awesome. nice flip for you. The best would time be the 2 weeks leading up to Christmas.

Last edited:
With the PS4 completely off I couldn't turn on the PS4 with my Vita. Maybe if you were to leave the PS4 in the standby mode.
Yes, the Vita will turn on it's linked and sleeping PS4 if you choose the Remote Play connection option. Just tested that a sec ago. Too bad you can't do it from the Android companion app. That would have been killer for me because I like using the Android app to control the PS4 when I'm not gaming on it.

Everyone seems to be happy with the hardware, but what about the games? The launch lineup seems disappointing.

I canceled my pre-order when Driveclub was delayed. I was mostly interested in that and Knack, but Knack alone certainly didn't look like it was worth buying a console over. Now that it's out, looks like I was right. Past that, Killzone is pretty and generic, no surprises. Where's the killer app? What's the game that's making everyone feel like their $400 purchase was worth while.

Aside from NBA2k14, the multi-gen games don't seem like a huge leap either.

Everyone seems to be happy with the hardware, but what about the games? The launch lineup seems disappointing.

There's more here if you're not a PC gamer but the days of the SNES glory launches are long gone and over with. The Xbox One is just as lackluster if not more so in this regard.

Battlefield 4, COD, AC4, and NFS have been big time for the million PS4s that have already been sold. I have several friends that are not PC gamers at all that just downright giddy right now.

I don't have any numbers in front of me but those are the game titles that are coming up a LOT anywhere I go from people who bought the PS4 and are super happy right now.

Killzone is a solid console FPS. It certainly doesn't break any new ground and I certainly wouldn't buy a platform to play it. Same goes for Knack.

I canceled my pre-order when Driveclub was delayed. I was mostly interested in that and Knack, but Knack alone certainly didn't look like it was worth buying a console over. Now that it's out, looks like I was right. Past that, Killzone is pretty and generic, no surprises. Where's the killer app? What's the game that's making everyone feel like their $400 purchase was worth while.

You can see my earlier remarks.

The only reason I kept my PS4 is because several family members got involved and put money in my pocket because there were some games they wanted to play and they paid for it otherwise I was going to flip it and make some real easy money.

Broadly speaking: The first year on any new console is version 1.5 of the previous generation. We don't really start seeing that separation until you get into that second year.

What's ironic about all of this is: If I were going to make an objective call right now on which platform has the most compelling first party exclusives worth buying a console for? It's the Wii-U. I may have to break down and buy one of those before too long. I need to get my Nintendo fix.

It's going to be interesting to see how Nintendo fares this holiday season. They've made a lot of smart moves and they offer something completely fresh and different vs Sony or MS. Price is also big time to their advantage.

Just set mine up. Painless. I actually updated from wireless since I couldn't find a flash drive. Only took a few min. I was really surprised how fast it went. The biggest pain is entering all your information with that awful on screen keyboard. I know its suppose to be better than the last but it's still a pain.
I also downloaded the PSN app and paired my Nexus 7 over bluetooth.
So far so good.
Happy.:)

Launches generally never have had the best titles. They all were graphical improvements usually over the previous generation. The same does hold true here, but unlike previous generations, the PC hardware was not eclipsed even if for a few months this time around. When the PS3/XB360 were released, they were slightly better than the gaming PCs of the time, now the PS4/XBone are at best even though probably lower than gaming PCs today. So if you are also a PC gamer, it'll be a bit disappointing because you've been there done that already. That means you are looking for something on the console gameplay wise that is superior but launch games are almost never amazing in the gameplay. Most devs for launches stick to formula proved gameplay with graphical increases from last gen.
Where's the killer app? What's the game that's making everyone feel like their $400 purchase was worth while.
Worthwhile is subjective. To me the killer app is the integration of the remote play on Vita with every game. It's very liberating to know you don't have to stop gaming because someone else in your household wants to watch a movie on the big TV. Also the games using the second screen feature is quite nice. That's going to help immersion a lot when used properly in future games. The significantly improved Dual Shock 4 controller that has a speaker built into it is also something I can't wait for more games to use. Some launch titles (Knack and Resogun) use it a little bit and it really is a interesting thing. At first I didn't think it would be a big deal, but it really does help with immersion and will probably great when coupled properly with vibration (though it will reduce battery life of the controller if both are used).

What's especially incredible about this is whoever pulled the trigger on this impulse buy to your benefit could have probably walked into their local Walmart and stood decent odds of finding a few leftover PS4s right there on the shelf.

Amazing.

Launches generally never have had the best titles. They all were graphical improvements usually over the previous generation.

PS3 Launch titles... Looks very similar if not almost exact to the PS4 launch titles. You right about that.

Call of Duty 3 Activision
Genji: Days of the Blade Sony Computer Entertainment
Madden NFL 07 EA Sports
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Activision
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire Namco Bandai
NBA 07 Sony Computer Entertainment
NBA 2K7 2K Sports
Need for Speed: Carbon Electronic Arts
NHL 2K7 2K Sports
Resistance: Fall of Man Sony Computer Entertainment
Ridge Racer 7 Namco Bandai
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 EA Sports
Tony Hawk's Project 8 Activision
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom Sony Online Entertainment

There's more here if you're not a PC gamer but the days of the SNES glory launches are long gone and over with. The Xbox One is just as lackluster if not more so in this regard.

Umm, I'm not favoring either of the new consoles since I don't plan on buying either one 'til next year sometime, but I can say with confidence that Forza & Dead Rising trump any of the launch titles on PS4.

Umm, I'm not favoring either of the new consoles since I don't plan on buying either one 'til next year sometime, but I can say with confidence that Forza & Dead Rising trump any of the launch titles on PS4.

Yeah but do I really want to buy an XBOX1 to play them?

Nope.

I personally think a lot of kids will go with the cheaper XBOX360 for the holiday season they're like 180.00 or a PS3 if you want good games for 10-20 dollars as well. The lions share of next gen console sales will then go to the PS4, no one wants to pay 600 dollars for Forza5 and DR3, but the spoiled. But yeah keep tooting that 2 game 600 dollar system hahahaha.

Yeah but do I really want to buy an XBOX1 to play them?

Nope.

I personally think a lot of kids will go with the cheaper XBOX360 for the holiday season they're like 180.00 or a PS3 if you want good games for 10-20 dollars as well. The lions share of next gen console sales will then go to the PS4, no one wants to pay 600 dollars for Forza5 and DR3, but the spoiled. But yeah keep tooting that 2 game 600 dollar system hahahaha.

That's not the point. I'm not buying either one right now either. The point is he said XBox1's launch titles are worse than the PS4's. Even the biggest PS fanboys would have to disagree with that statement. And I'm not an Xbox fanboy.

Please name me the killer app exclusive(s) for the Xbox One coming out in the launch or launch window.

The OS itself. Multi-tasking is huge. It's like using a galaxy note phone vs an iphone. But he was referring to the games...which most ps4 buyers would say has a lack luster launch line up unless you are a die hard kill zone fan. All the other major titles are multi-platform.

I have the ps4 and pre-ordered the xbone.

Back