A Picture I took - 2013

Testing out my new 80-400VR2, so far I'm liking it. Handholding is tough, and you can see some blur in this shot even at the high shutter speed and VR engaged. VR might be a mistake with birds, still exploring.

I think somewhere around 500th of a second it is recommended to disable VR. Let us know if disabling it helps. A higher shutter speed should help also. Only birds I've taken photos of were sitting on a branch. :eek:

Got my film sent out today. Also included a test roll of 30 year old Kodacolor II film, ISO 100. Tried different overexposures, since it will have lost sensitivity. Tried ISO 50, 25 and 12 for 3 different scenes. Have 4 more rolls of this stuff, hoping something will jive.

that is one cool pic, shyboi.

Yep. Great stuff.

Thanks!
Now that I graduated I have more time to sharpen my photography skills. I've been playing around with my Tamron 90mm macro lens, and I am amazed at what a fine pice of glass it is. I'm attempting to hone m skills before the little one arrive in august:

04132013 (4) by D. Washington, on Flickr

Should be fun playing Mr Mom for the foreseeable future.

Thanks!
Now that I graduated I have more time to sharpen my photography skills. I've been playing around with my Tamron 90mm macro lens, and I am amazed at what a fine pice of glass it is. I'm attempting to hone m skills before the little one arrive in august:

04132013 (4) by D. Washington, on Flickr

Should be fun playing Mr Mom for the foreseeable future.

I don't think you are shy, lol.

My little guy from the Sox game yesterday, will post more as I go through them

p1549162596-5.jpg

Edit: Few more I liked

p1550410170-5.jpg

p1550411932-5.jpg

p1550412212-5.jpg

p1550412296-5.jpg

Last edited:
^Great stuff all around, but I think I like the second one the most.

Is the last one an HDR->B&W conversion? Something about the photo just doesn't seem right with me.

^Great stuff all around, but I think I like the second one the most.

Is the last one an HDR->B&W conversion? Something about the photo just doesn't seem right with me.

Its B&W conversion with dodging and burning and yeah I went overboard with it :eek:
I'm going to redo it.

Yes I just got the new X100S.... havent had time to put it through it's paces.. but I am going to do a small comparison soon... Since they are using to different types of sensors....

took this at my sons baseball practice today with my one x. I wish i had brought my slr. The weather was perfect.

^I love the first one. What's the filter that you're using? Is it the Lee's big stopper?

Didn't use a filter for either, there were just too many people in the streets to get in the way. Also I've read that the Opera House is not tripod friendly when your that close. So I had to do it all in PS.

Some really awesome pictures!

Heres mine:

8679133307_d2a8a9d685.jpg

It is my first picture ever of a planet. Taken from a Celestron Astromaster 130 with a DSLR adapter and a 8mm eyepiece, and less than a second exposure with high iso. I have alot more room for improvement though.

Nice picture Shadowlord. I can't wait for next years full lunar eclipse that can be seen from the Americas!

Back