A Picture I took - 2013

MN Scout

Supreme [H]ardness
New thread for the new year. Post your pictures from 2013! Or pictures from past years that you are just getting around to processing, editing, or reviewing. Life is busy. :D

Holiday_Lights_in_Maple_Grove_MN_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

Went out for a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood tonight. People still have their lights up of course. I liked this house with the flag and the small lit tree out front. Photo bombing in the background is the local water tower, that I like so much. Taken with my only manual focus glass, the Nikon 50mm F/2 @ F/2 and ISO 5600. Felt I wasn't giving this lens enough love over the last year. Need to fix that in 2013.

Second picture of another house with a classic look of a green wreath on the outside and a lit tree in the window.

Last edited:
Took this a few hours ago. 1.6s shutter speed, handheld. I reallllllly need a tripod :eek:

fr7Mv.jpg

Another, not particularly thrilled with either of these shots. I should stick to shooting cats.

8IqcN.jpg

Last edited:
Took this a few hours ago. 1.6s shutter speed, handheld. I reallllllly need a tripod :eek:

fr7Mv.jpg

Another, not particularly thrilled with either of these shots. I should stick to shooting cats.

8IqcN.jpg

LOVE THESE !

Share more if You have! Especially dusk, noon, night pics. Very well for often boring cityscapes pics

^Not saying that at all. Just surprised to see you add another system, given how much you've invested in Canon already :D

p1361461310-4.jpg

It's FS in the forums. Beautiful copy... I have to fund another project... :(

It's rare that someone posts a B&W picture that I like...I swear so many people overuse it. But this is an excellent pic, and the B&W actually adds to the moodiness for once.

Thanks dude, I wanted to leave it colored as the graffiti was indeed very colorful, but the white balance was incredibly off that I felt better to change it to B&W

I'm still playing with the prosesing of this one but I think it has potential.
Magpie caught in fishing line. It's been there over a year.
8344428144_49f849070f_b.jpg

All C&C welcom.

New year, with an impending minion spawn point, so my first new glass:

New glass by Modred189f, on Flickr
SHot with it: Nikon DX, AF-S Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8G, based in part on some suggestions from last year's thread. Only had it for a few minutes, and love it so far.

First reaction: dat bokeh

Second reaction: you need more depth of field on the dog. While it's cool that you can take a pic where one eye is in focus, but the other (not to mention the nose) isn't...the pic would be better if more of the dog were in focus.

First reaction: dat bokeh

Second reaction: you need more depth of field on the dog. While it's cool that you can take a pic where one eye is in focus, but the other (not to mention the nose) isn't...the pic would be better if more of the dog were in focus.
ad. 1. It's not bad, but I think I like the bokeh from my 70-200 better. Time will tell.
ad. 2. Agreed. Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly doable at the time. I was already passed ISO5000 at that moment with a shutter speed of 1/100... pretty much minimum, given how much he didn't want to stay still :p f2 was all I could do, unless I used a strobe. Give me some more daylight, and I'll give you some better pics ;) Two kitchen light bulbs aren't exactly ideal for night photography :eek:

Critiques a night shot at f2 of a dog.

Posts a shot of a cat in day light at f2.

:p

Needs a meme ;)

ps. yes, i'm fully aware of the differences ;)

Last edited:
Critiques a night shot at f2 of a dog.

Posts a shot of a cat in day light at f2.

:p

Needs a meme ;)

ps. yes, i'm fully aware of the differences ;)

I wasn't the one critiquing your shots! :p In fact, I had to go look and see which lens you purchased after you posted those-it produces fabulous images! Such buttery smooth bokeh.

Some HDR dock love with my new 17-40mm.
1024_dock.jpg

My daughter enjoying the carnival like ride. ISO 12,800!! Impressive.
1024_ride.jpg

Arrggghhh mateys! :-p
1024_pirate.jpg

**All at Redondo Beach, CA

Back