A Picture I took - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome pic! Since you're done with the D4 now, can I have it? ;)

Hah, no sorry! If I could bring my D4 in co concerts and plays I wouldn't need the Nex, but as it stands I need both for the foreseeable future.+)

Hah, i knew mies designed buildings all around the world (that pretty much look the same, i.e. seagram building in nyc), but that complex in chicago is quite the replica!

Hedonsim Bot, nice. I've always liked this style of photo. The whole backlit, low depth of field outdoorsy subjects.

Amerika.jpg

Didn't like the colored one much, but the split-toned one I really like. Nice work.

BB

I recently attended a short course at MIT in Boston on high speed video and lighting. The following photo was taken by me with my DSLR in one of the labs. The picture is a .22 bullet going through a green olive. The red ring of spatter you see is the bullet destroying the pimento inside the olive.

We had a bench mounted .22 rifle aimed at the olive and the lights in the room were turned off. A DSLR was set to bulb mode after the lights were turned off. A pressure sensor was used to fire a strobe that stayed illuminated for only 50ns. This allowed the motion of the bullet to be frozen.

22-olive-XL.jpg

The following image was taken by one of the instructors of the course (But it's my business card!)

DSC0138-XL.jpg

Nice. Both photos captured the action at the perfect moment.

Only negative is they are both underexposed, which could easily be taken care of. Otherwise +1 for awesomeness.

I like my 9 stop. Though I'm not around water enough to make it super useful. I could go for blurry trees from wind!

Also used it for all the sun events earlier this year.

Those are stars :p

I knew what a GND did in theory, but since I never had one, I never knew just how drastic (read: awesome) of a difference it makes. Comparing a photo with GND with one without - first hand - sure puts things into perspective. It was then that I wondered why I didn't already have some. Cokin has gained a favorite customer.

The bridge pic with tokina is awesome. The tokina in general is a fantastic lens, hasnt come off my camera in weeks.

Last edited:
Drove out to Hempel Creek riverside picnic area yesterday afternoon and was struck by the variegated reflections on the car. I really like how the pic turned out.

b-2012_08_03_Hemple-picnic-2726.jpg

Yes, its just a Sebring. Was a 20th anniversary present for the wife several years ago. Almost time to trade it in on a Mustang convertible.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back