A Picture I Took - 2011

I know... I use it a month here and a month there...... If the zeiss was autofocus I would be all over that... but the MF of the zeiss is not too bad....

Having af is def a nice thing esp with moving objects, trying to handle f1.2 with MF on anything but stationary objects or on a tripod would be a tricky thing. Whats the price difference between the zeiss and the canon? Zeiss does make some fine glass.

Yeah pixel peeping like that, but in real world applications you and others would never notice...

Ha! Those are awesome! Where did you get them? My gf got me the 24-105 coffee mug!

306763_10150302344256725_681271724_8026355_793388566_n.jpg

Made my first real attempt at astrophotography this past weekend; I did try the whole stacking thing but determined that it didn't really matter all that much when I'm resizing for the web.

30 seconds @ f/2.8, ISO 3200

I haven't held my camera in nearly a year so I decided to finally crawl out into the city and take some photos.

34pgh35.jpg

ndrdcm.jpg

rk3d34.jpg

Ya'll have some very nice photos... sadly, my camera is the sort with a permanently-attached lens ;) any tips for using it? Tried to take some photos outside yesterday, but they're so washed out (used the "sport" setting to avoid motion blur) that I'd probably be better off not posting them...

More specifically, camera is a Kodak EasyShare DX7630. Not even gonna try for using the Digital Concepts "Keychain Special".

Ya'll have some very nice photos... sadly, my camera is the sort with a permanently-attached lens ;) any tips for using it? Tried to take some photos outside yesterday, but they're so washed out (used the "sport" setting to avoid motion blur) that I'd probably be better off not posting them...

More specifically, camera is a Kodak EasyShare DX7630. Not even gonna try for using the Digital Concepts "Keychain Special".

Your ISO may have been increased. Make sure it is at ISO 100 on the LCD screen. After you check that, you could try also using the Auto mode.

http://resources.kodak.com/support/pdf/en/manuals/urg00230/DX7630_GLB_en.pdf

Pardon the inexperience, but to me, ISO is a type of file that can be used with a CD to produce Linux ;)

Heritage Flight Foundation makes for good backdrops... Ambient lighting, 50D and 85mm 1.8, Lumiquest softbox mounted on 420EX flash on the camera shoe.

Too bad he waited til "No Shave November" to have me take them. Some neatening up in PS was definitely required.... *sigh*

2011_11_05-Eric-senior-portrait-6321-psp-1200.jpg

a-2011_11_05-Eric-senior-portrait-6326-psp-1200.jpg

BB

What city/state/country did you photograph this bird?

EDIT: kinda looks like a Yellow Warbler but not exactly.

Upper Peninsula of Michigan near Menominee/Marinette.

I was originally thinking a Kirtland's Warbler, so we were on a similar path.

Some good folk on the fourthirdsphoto forums have suggested it's a juvenile Baltimore Oriole. Seems like that might be the answer.

Really enjoying my new NEX-5N as a go anywhere alternative to lugging the big D300. Not sold on the autofocus tho, I love the tight control of that froma real DSLR.

The thing I love most is using it as a concert goer or audience cam. Pop into 3200 ISO, S-mode at 1/125th and go nuts. Noise free clean images. Small enough that no security guard will bling, with pretty pleasing results in near darkness.

11-JoeWalsh-0850 by Kadath, on Flickr

11-NEX-TEDxMid-0981 by Kadath, on Flickr

The 30mm Macro is a hard beast to tame, but I'm getting some cool shots there too:

11-DT-Spider-1758 by Kadath, on Flickr

APS film photos taken with my Fuji Endeavor 4000ix SL. I have a few rolls of film to use up.

Elm Creek Park Reserve in Maple Grove, MN. Taken early October.
North_Elm_Creek_Park_Reserve_Near_French_Lake_Rd_by_Adam_Bavier_640x361.jpg

Fall_Leaves_by_Adam_Bavier_640x359.jpg

Dahlia flower.
Dahlia_Flower_by_Adam_Bavier_640x356.jpg

Young Honey Crisp apple tree. Planted 2010.
Young_Honey_Crisp_by_Adam_Bavier_640x364.jpg

Back