A day without CS:S...

J-M-E

[H]ard|Gawd
A day with out CS:S is like.....its like a day without caffiene

It just sucks

The first week is the hardest, but it will be better. You will start noticing things like grass, birds, the sun, etc. I am on my 6th day without Source.

We must alert the others! something does exist out there, in the great unknown.

So this outside thing...how far away is it from de_dust? And in what direction?

I remember my parents said I couldn't play CS:S until my grades were up, and I used the comptuer less, so I went for 5 months without it, those first 2 weeks were so hard, because I played it like 8-10 hours a day, everyday over the summer, and I was like craving it, i got used to it though...I play now again though, just a lot less, it's not really as fun as it used to be for me.

Hmm outsides, man do they got some good graphics, but what if you catch lag out there? You're dead! :p </end butchered PP quote>

Why would you quit playing though? (only understandable if playing a better game like CoD1 :p ) The outsides are overrated, the sun.. it burns, and causes the cancers(But if you fold you shouldn't worry about that right?) Walking is overrated, and running is B7, exercise is utter heresy. Go drink some Bawls and happy fragging, never ever think about going to the outdoors again.

If you dont find cs addictive, you must be in a vegitative state where you just sit there and drool on your keyboard.

It's not addictive. It's boring. Typical CS round:

1. Navigate through map.
  2. Throw frag/gas/flash grenades.
  3. See enemy, shoot.
  4. If caught dead, wait for a long time.
  5. If not dead, continue finding enemies.
  6. Plant bomb.
  7. Hide and wait.
  8. Boom, you win.
  9. Or if you get killed, bomb gets disarmed, you lose.
  10. Repeat?

Huh?

-J.

try 10 weeks at a time with no CS:S

my college campus blocks it so we cant connect to servers at all. the only way my room mates and i can play is to disconnect from the school network and run our own dhcp/dedicated game server. i am ranked number 1 out of 4 at least :)

aznpxdd said:
Cs 1.6 > Css
for competitive gaming.. yes... but everything else.. not really

Anyways, I havent been playing CS:S for like 2 weeks.. just started again today... and taking out 3 guys in aztec in a row feels great... hehe. AK rocks!

Someone stole my Steam account so I can't do anything :(

Emailed Steam and they sent a confirmation email, but no email saying it was fixed or whatever. Been like 2 weeks.

I can't get into CSS for some reason. I think battlefield has just corrupted my entire FPS experience.

I'll play like 10 rounds of steam and then just sign off. =X

If you dont understand why cs is fun, you must just not like FPS. CS OWNZ!!! IT OWNZ!#12312

[H]Opterown said:
Someone stole my Steam account so I can't do anything :(

Emailed Steam and they sent a confirmation email, but no email saying it was fixed or whatever. Been like 2 weeks.

Stole as in you tried to install hacks with a keylogger? Or stole as in your password is your username?

One day I just went to log in and it said wrong username/password bs. I requested an email with my password, thinking I might have changed it, but no response. The person must have, obviously smart move, got it, changed contact email and password. Lame! :mad:

J-M-E said:
A day with out CS:S is like.....its like a day without caffiene

It just sucks

OMG Y0U HAZ0RZ!
pWN3D Y0U S0 HARD!!!!!!111!!!
BULLSAHIT FSKING HaxoOR!!!eleven!!!

feel better?

J-M-E said:
We must alert the others! something does exist out there, in the great unknown.

So this outside thing...how far away is it from de_dust? And in what direction?
I seriously do not understand people who still play de_dust. You'd think after 5 years of having hundreds of servers playing nothing but that stupid map 24/7 (and hundreds of others populated by people who will constantly vote the map to de_dust because "this map sucks" even though they never really played it because they spend all their damn time playing dust) would make people sick and tired of the map. They just need to take dust out of the lineup.

J-M-E said:
If you dont understand why cs is fun, you must just not like FPS. CS OWNZ!!! IT OWNZ!#12312

Its not fun because of the random bullshit that happens. You can be a great skilled player, but you're still handicapped by luck. I can be playing, put my crosshair on someone's head with the AK, shoot and kill them. Now, the same exact situation, can somehow result in a different outcome. Sometimes I can be standing, or crouching if ever, with an AK on a still target's head, doing a 1 shot burst, waiting for the recoil to completely diminish between each shot, and not hit anything somehow. And I love being killed by shotguns from across the entire span of the huge area in Aztec by someone just jumping around the map, and then getting sprayed by a silenced m4a1 of someone just going crazy, and somehow getting hit in the head with the last bullet in their clip.

I used to play CS a lot when I got into it at LAN parties, but I just grew tired of it. Too many idiots you have to deal with in pubs make it worse. No matter what the hell you do online, people bitch. You AWP? They complain. You use auto sniper? Complain. You get a lot of head shots? Must be aimbot. You have a good sense of hearing and can tell where people are? Must be wall hacks!

Its just a big god damn e-penis fest. Most clans get servers and think they/re the best, and kick ban everyone better than them, just so they can go 60 - 0 on assault on the Terrorists and think they're kick ass.

The only fun I had in CS was playing a couple of matches with a clan of some friends of mine. Win or lose, it was still a good time, but still theres way to many negative points in my opinion about CS to keep me playing.

/rant (goes back to play UT2k4 TDM where the LG and shox will always be where I point them ;D)

xerus` said:
Its not fun because of the random bullshit that happens. You can be a great skilled player, but you're still handicapped by luck. I can be playing, put my crosshair on someone's head with the AK, shoot and kill them. Now, the same exact situation, can somehow result in a different outcome. Sometimes I can be standing, or crouching if ever, with an AK on a still target's head, doing a 1 shot burst, waiting for the recoil to completely diminish between each shot, and not hit anything somehow. And I love being killed by shotguns from across the entire span of the huge area in Aztec by someone just jumping around the map, and then getting sprayed by a silenced m4a1 of someone just going crazy, and somehow getting hit in the head with the last bullet in their clip.

Amen. Preach it. The dumb luck built into the game is ruining it. And it seems to be turned up even more since the update with the AWP fix. It's so bad, I have been playing SOF2 again. At least there, skill prevails and so do I.

STEAM is my antidrug

I kind of like Source, but STEAM just fvcks with my PC for some reason. Everytime I finish playing the game, my computer just CRAWLS until I restart it :( Haven't tried it on my new rig yet....maybe tomorrow. I'm hooked on BF2 now :D

STEAMing pile of shit sucks!

and I hate all the noobs in rl :( and i hate all the hax0rz at school. But I really hate when sometimes the teacher camps at the bottom of the drive and pwns you when you try to go out of school at lunch time :eek: (fvcking noob stick)

:eek:

xerus` said:
And I love being killed by shotguns from across the entire span of the huge area in Aztec by someone just jumping around the map, and then getting sprayed by a silenced m4a1 of someone just going crazy, and somehow getting hit in the head with the last bullet in their clip.

LOL!

It's funny cause its so true. Ahhh, I miss CS 1.3 :(

ya man 1.6 is WAY better than source, source is a steaming pile of crap, but to each their own, i may not like source, but if you do, then great man. But yea i feel ya, i was SO addicted when 1.3/1.5 was out, i used to pull the 10 hour sessions too

lol.. I was the same way for years with tfc, then I moved to cs. Women will snap you out of that though, or not, but they did for me. Couldnt' miss a day. I started it up again the last few days ago, but before that, it was litterally like 4-6 months without playing. Never thought it would have been that long, but it was!
eek.gif

J-M-E said:
If you dont find cs addictive, you must be in a vegitative state where you just sit there and drool on your keyboard.

This, or mad drunk and unable to hit things. I play a ton, but withdrawals.. OP, it's called dropping the deer rifle and getting out more. :)

bahaha. All the noobs who say "OMG ITS LUCK". That is such bullshit. If you are actually good and know each weapons firing cycles, power, etc. then you will be consistently good. Its not luck at all, its skill. Luck is just an excuse for sucking.

Damn...thought this thread was goiing to be about finishing the sentence. ;)

Ah well...my entry -

A day without CS:S is like a day without getting kicked in the balls...

A day with out css is like ... every godamned day for me. Don't feel like installing steam and activating that stuff all over again.

Mayhs said:
a day without cs: s is like not thinking about a woman naked

Depends on the woman...Rosanne Barr or Halle Berry? The former will make you want to gouge out your eyes. :D

J-M-E said:
bahaha. All the noobs who say "OMG ITS LUCK". That is such bullshit. If you are actually good and know each weapons firing cycles, power, etc. then you will be consistently good. Its not luck at all, its skill. Luck is just an excuse for sucking.

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're being serious. Please dont let it be the latter.

I have played CS for a couple of years, with a moderate amount of CAL play. I got to know the weapons and everything you speak of fairly well. This knowledge however, doesnt make up the fact that I can score a headshot on a target with one bullet from the AK, then somehow turn on another target and have my bullets simply dissapear into the abyss of the internet or have them mysteriously make an outline of his head. That doesn't make sense at all, without some sort of random variation, also known as luck.

xerus` said:
I can't tell if you're joking or if you're being serious. Please dont let it be the latter.

I have played CS for a couple of years, with a moderate amount of CAL play. I got to know the weapons and everything you speak of fairly well. This knowledge however, doesnt make up the fact that I can score a headshot on a target with one bullet from the AK, then somehow turn on another target and have my bullets simply dissapear into the abyss of the internet or have them mysteriously make an outline of his head. That doesn't make sense at all, without some sort of random variation, also known as luck.

I never had a problem with shooting people in CS:S and when I do get shot it's usually cause I get caught offguard, its still one of my favorite games though.

Back