A day without CS:S...

I used to be a huge addict to Counterstrike when it was still a Beta 4 release. After Beta 6, the whole game just completely fell off the map for me, I lost any desire to play it. The pre-pubescent children screaming into a microphone on how my mother had sex with them last night certainly didn't help either.

I couldn't even imagine playing in a clan for that game because I knew WAY too many clans which certainly DID live up to the whole "We're the best!" motif. I haven't touched any form of Counterstrike in 3 years and I have no indication that I ever will again.

And yes, you schmucks, the outside world offers so much more. Put down the Logitech wireless mouse and pick up a baseball or something.

Dark Assassin

I have been caffine free for a week, only drinking water and milk now. just keep a big glass of water next to me.

Its easy to give up 1.6 or Source tho.

Adionik said:
I can't get into CSS for some reason. I think battlefield has just corrupted my entire FPS experience.

I'll play like 10 rounds of steam and then just sign off. =X

I agree with this I much prefer BF 2 to CS:S

CS:S is kind of fun to mindlessly shoot anything that moves for a few rounds and then it gets boring.

BF 2 always delivers for me. I can kill hours with BF 2 and not even realize it.

I also find that BF 2 players are more mature than CS:S players which appeals to me.

GeForceX said:
It's not addictive. It's boring. Typical CS round:

1. Navigate through map. - quickly and get owned.
  2. Throw frag/gas/flash grenades. - if your playing vs good players theres a high chance you'll die if you throw a grenade at them.
  3. See enemy, shoot. - ill admit sometimes spraying newbs get lucky and its annoying but luck is in every part of life.
  4. If caught dead, wait for a long time. - dont die...
  5. If not dead, continue finding enemies. - its not about finding enemies..you have an objective..plant.. rescue..guard. thats it.
  6. Plant bomb. - a lot of pressure and stratedgy involved in pulling off bomb plants
  7. Hide and wait. - hiding can sometimes be a huge downfall in your game.
  8. Boom, you win.
  9. Or if you get killed, bomb gets disarmed, you lose.
  10. Repeat? -

Huh?

-J.

not a good way of looking at it. you can put anything you want in this type of thinking.
i love games where you are constantly pressured. the sound for CS is awesome i love the way the guns feel when i shoot a few shots or spray. it doesnt feel weak like call of duty or quake.

My only complaint about CSS is the damn chat feature. Does anyone know how to turn it off, is it possible?

BarneyGumble said:
My only complaint about CSS is the damn chat feature. Does anyone know how to turn it off, is it possible?

change it in options

It was hard a first, but I did it. First and hour here...an hour there...work...sleep...school...sleep...maybe an hour here...same routine. And eventually BF2 caught on.. Its been 2 months since Ive played CSS.

a day without CSS is normal for me.

...but I do like like it is small quantities.

And yes, you schmucks, the outside world offers so much more. Put down the Logitech wireless mouse and pick up a baseball or something.

what's a baseball? lol :)

WhyYouLoveMe said:
A day without CS:S is a day with BF2. :D

*waits to be jumped*

A day without CS:S is a day with Counter-Strike 1.6. :D

Source sucks. The skill is at and will always be with 1.6 not to mention the lagues. Newbs on source only

Back