8800GT - Release Times Today

e-GeForce 8800GT SSC 512MB

Performance
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
700 MHz GPU
112 Pixel Pipelines
400 MHz RAMDAC

That looks nice!!! Although we can OC it ourselves to 675mhz air 92C lol

But I've seen an article in which they put a copper Zalman on the 8800GT. Put arctic silver 5 on the GPU/Shader and then AS Adhesive on the BGA ram sinks... and you got yourself a non-volt mod OC-er. Probably push 725/1100 with PCI 2.0

ZZF and Newegg still aren't displaying anything.

So is there any difference between the 650mhz and the 700mhz versions? What's stopping anyone from running the 650 version at 700? Maybe they handpick the best OCers and sell them at 700?

Check the passive cooled link i posted wonder when thats coming out? Also, I am one of the ones who would buy a pre-overclocked. Reason, my time is more valuable then trying to find a stable overclock. Thats just my preferrence though.

You're right. It's just like Picking say... Pentium MMX and Pentium Pros--they take the dies that can tolerate more stress and OC them at higher speeds. On a silicon wafer, you can only have so many high quality dies.

When I was buying my 8800GTS, this is what I experienced:

1. I bought a PNY 8800GTS that OC-ed to 640/1080 no artifacting.
2. I bought a EVGA Regular 8800GTS that got 590/1050

PNY makes only 1 flavor of 8800GTS (at that time), but EVGA overs superclocked and so on. So the superclocked ones were already OC-ed hardware wise.

Probably no performance difference really. 2-3 FPS between 650-700. Correct me if I am wrong guys, but I believe OC-ing the memory yields more performance.

**PS I am predicting the EVGAs are going to start at $259.99 at newegg and go to $299 for the 700mhz one**

You're right. It's just like Picking say... Pentium MMX and Pentium Pros--they take the dies that can tolerate more stress and OC them at higher speeds. On a silicon wafer, you can only have so many high quality dies.

When I was buying my 8800GTS, this is what I experienced:

1. I bought a PNY 8800GTS that OC-ed to 640/1080 no artifacting.
2. I bought a EVGA Regular 8800GTS that got 590/1050

PNY makes only 1 flavor of 8800GTS (at that time), but EVGA overs superclocked and so on. So the superclocked ones were already OC-ed hardware wise.

Probably no performance difference really. 2-3 FPS between 650-700. Correct me if I am wrong guys, but I believe OC-ing the memory yields more performance.

**PS I am predicting the EVGAs are going to start at $259.99 at newegg and go to $299 for the 700mhz one**

Memory OC yielded less performance on my GTX compared to clock. However, in combination the results were much better. Went from 16k 3dm06 to 19k 3dm06 in sli

This may be a stupid question but when do you think these cards will make it into retail stores ( i work at bestbuy and am hoping for a discount)

That's a good question ... but I'm guessing probably in a week or two. The Inquirer said Nvidia only has 50,000 cards for first dibs... but heh take that with a grain of salt (although Inquirer.net has been correct on almost all the rumors).

Having seen the fairly small markup/discount we (best buy employees) have on most video cards, i'm expecting it to be better online still.

Accomidations from manufacturers, however, is something totally different.

I just bought a 2600XT 512 card from there i guess ill wait to see (or check shipping manifests) and return that when the 8800 comes out...thank god for an unconditional 30 day return policy w/no restocking fee

I have worked at bb also and the discounts on cards suck imo. Unless you get an open box one....or open box one yourself.... :)

Having seen the fairly small markup/discount we (best buy employees) have on most video cards, i'm expecting it to be better online still.

Accomidations from manufacturers, however, is something totally different.

well the card i just got (See above post) is retail 250 i got a significant discount off of it

I have worked at bb also and the discounts on cards suck imo. Unless you get an open box one....or open box one yourself.... :)

LOL ServerKing haha. "open box one yourself"

But you BB employers get fantastic discounts on HDTVs and Console Accessories nonetheless.

I liked the discount on gold plated usb cable sell for 30/40 bucks employees get them for like 5.00. I always loved that markup on stuff like that.

Superclocked Available on Amazon: PREORDER

http://www.amazon.com/e-GeForce-Sup...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1193673162&sr=8-14

Note: this is the 3rd tier one, not the 700mhz one... you can easily OC it yourself guys!

**ZZF raised the price on the 10007173
EVGA 512-P3-N806-A1 Geforce 8800 GT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Video Card Retail ***Free Shipping***

To $299. it was identical $249 before. This is the farthest OC

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's real. It's the 650mhz one. Comes with Quake Wars.. yes, as in the leaked photos we saw from Newegg. GOOD DEAL!!! I've ordered from Mwave before since 2001

but we're all waiting for the egg =)

You killing me I too want to get from the egg but then, what if they dont do it today and MWAVE is soldout?
Maybe I can place the order and cancel if the egg finally delivers? Perhaps use paypal?
Any ideas?

I calculated the MWAVE if you were to buy 2 for SLI:

EVGA 512-P3-N802-A1 e-GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0, DVI+DVI+HDTV, HDCP, RoHS Includes FREE- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
$256.90 $513.80
SKU:AA72264

Sub Total $513.80

Shipping & Handling Calculator $9.40

Zip Code: Shipping Method - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ground Service (4-5 day) - $9.40 FedEx Express Saver (3 day) - $12.34 FedEx 2nd Day Service (2 day) - $13.33 FedEx Overnight Service (1 day) - $25.96

Total $523.20

How are you guys finding these.

I have been to both sites and searched for 8800GT and nothing.

Newegg won't even let you search for 8800GT. Defaults to GTS.

ok f**k it guys.....

I ordered 2 EVGA 3rd tier overclocked 8800GT on Mwave

-Paid $13 for 2nd day air shipping
-It comes with 2 copies of Quake Wars which I will sell LOL

Order Date
10/29/2007

Invoice Number Customer ID
XX-xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SKU QTY Description Item Price Ext. Price

AA72264 2 EVGA 512-P3-N802-A1 e-GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0, DVI+DVI+HDTV, HDCP, RoHS Includes FREE- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars $256.90 $513.80

Thank you for choosing mwave.com Sub-Total $513.80
Shipping & Handling Fee $13.33
Sales Tax (CA only) $0.00
Order Total $527.13

Shipping Information
You have selected the following shipping method:
Two Day Air- Two Business Days

**Just cancelled my PNY 8800GT order (2) for $506.28 shipped**
who knows when buy.com will ship. now i gotta call my card company to make sure everything goes smoothly

Back