Does the 7970 have the same restrictions as the 5000 and 6000 series regarding needing to use one of the native DP outputs (with an active adapter) for an all HDMI Eyefinity group?
My hope/plan was that both of the mini-DP links would support DP++ (dual mode DisplayPort) and I'd therefore be able to use passive DP to HDMI adapters on them. This would allow HDMI 1.4a signalling on 3 output ports from the 7970 thus enabling a stereoscopic 3D Eyefinity setup using 3 Optoma GT750E projectors.
The next best thing would be an adapter that supports HDMI 1.4a to perform the necessary frame packing but I foresee difficulty in getting the proper timing between the links/projectors/emitter to allow for 3D. (And I don't think a DP -> HDMI 1.4a adapter exists yet)
Is there any way to create an HD3D Eyefinity group with a 7970 yet? If HD3D Eyefinity requires DP monitors and there are only 2 mini-DP ports on the card (and no hubs yet) then how the hell is this supposed to work?
Thanks,
M.
My hope/plan was that both of the mini-DP links would support DP++ (dual mode DisplayPort) and I'd therefore be able to use passive DP to HDMI adapters on them. This would allow HDMI 1.4a signalling on 3 output ports from the 7970 thus enabling a stereoscopic 3D Eyefinity setup using 3 Optoma GT750E projectors.
The next best thing would be an adapter that supports HDMI 1.4a to perform the necessary frame packing but I foresee difficulty in getting the proper timing between the links/projectors/emitter to allow for 3D. (And I don't think a DP -> HDMI 1.4a adapter exists yet)
Is there any way to create an HD3D Eyefinity group with a 7970 yet? If HD3D Eyefinity requires DP monitors and there are only 2 mini-DP ports on the card (and no hubs yet) then how the hell is this supposed to work?
Thanks,
M.