5970 Sightings....Where are they?

I ordered this morning the Sapphire 5970 for $599.00 from Amazon. I check back just now, and they list it for $649.99... are u kidding me? I can deal with the first figure; but the second price is simply price gouging for a product they don't have the first clue as to when and if they will be receiving.

I pre-ordered a sapphire at 599 also, lets see if we get em before december 25th lol, not holding my breath.

I ordered this morning the Sapphire 5970 for $599.00 from Amazon. I check back just now, and they list it for $649.99... are u kidding me? I can deal with the first figure; but the second price is simply price gouging for a product they don't have the first clue as to when and if they will be receiving.

What is odd is they are not showing who the seller is, is this a listing by Amazon? I didn't know they could list preorders without a place to drop-ship it from.

What is odd is they are not showing who the seller is, is this a listing by Amazon? I didn't know they could list preorders without a place to drop-ship it from.

Yep, Amazon listed it at 12am PST on the dot.

$599 is a lot of pesos. That's all I got to say about that. Get two if you can find it at that price though.

If the price stays @ $650 it wouldn't be that much more to pay since I don't expect prices to fall until March.

I guess, when you are already laying $599 down on the table it's not.

Wow Newegg was the only store to have 5970's today? Looks like I got insanely lucky again. Also got a 5870 on release day oct 23rd.

*crosses fingers* Better not get the canceled order email! LOL.

I wonder how tri fire scales with a 5970 and a 5870. If it scales as good as 5970cf, wow.

True that. I do hope you get one so you can give us your own personal review. Definitely interested in seeing some user opinions on the 5970.

Well after getting off the phone with NCIX, it's probably the only time I don't want to come in 1st place. I'm 1st in queue for the next batch of HD5970 which could be XFX instead. So maybe patience will pay off. I have the 5870 to tide me over anyway.

I wonder how tri fire scales with a 5970 and a 5870. If it scales as good as 5970cf, wow.

Tri-fire has been done. It scales better than quad-fire actually. There's a guy with a video who showed test results with slides. I'll pull up the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCj4r2Gskqw

Really I think that 4 gpus is limited by the CPU at that point, thats why you don't see improvements in framerates and the latency of the 4th gpu that is doing nothing actually slows down the setup.

The other obstacle with the setup is controlling the heat while maintaining the highest overclocks. Waterblocks are probably best but they add a lot of cost to the system. Also you need a beefy PSU to power all that madness. The guy in the video uses a 1500W PSU. :eek:

Well after getting off the phone with NCIX, it's probably the only time I don't want to come in 1st place. I'm 1st in queue for the next batch of HD5970 which could be XFX instead. So maybe patience will pay off. I have the 5870 to tide me over anyway.

But what is the ETA on that next batch?

Only the sapphire 5970 left in stock now.

What... no love for the dread twins? Every nerd's wet dream right... :rolleyes:

Pulled the trigger on a Sapphire...too bad about the 1 per person I would have liked to run quadfire. Hopefully an XFX or Asus will show up soon

Just called Fry's in Chicago_land, sales geek said he wants one too, they will have them plenty in stock for the Black Friday sale, and should have them in store by the 26th :cool:

But what is the ETA on that next batch?

Just got a call back from NCIX. XFX are supposed to arrive tomorrow, so they switched me over for that card instead. So instead of having a card here on Thursday, it will be now Friday and double lifetime warranty to boot. I think I can wait one day;)

Just got a call back from NCIX. XFX are supposed to arrive tomorrow, so they switched me over for that card instead. So instead of having a card here on Thursday, it will be now Friday and double warranty to boot. I think I can wait one day;)

XFX...man that's a no brainer decision right there!

Did anybody here actually get a Gigabyte or Diamond card?

I got a Gigabyte. Waiting to see if the XFX models are released tonight. I may cancel since my order will not ship until tomorrow morning. Just wanted to make sure I got one.

I accidentally ordered an HIS this afternoon and didn't have my Paypal go through. Turns out they're holding it for me, but I already ordered a Diamond. Which one should I keep/you think is better?

have stock here in Oz, but at a wholesale price of over $900! for a powercolor...I'll pass on holding stock just now.
Even the slightly cheaper HIS 5970 is still $900. Imagine what they retail for.
All that and the Aussie dollar is very high at 92c US
To put things into perspective a
GTX295 = $590AUS
GTX275 = $270AUS
GTX260 = $220AUS
HD5850 = $380AUS
HD5870 = $560AUS
HD5970 = $910AUS

it's an awesome card, but I think ATI are pricing themselves a little on the high side.:eek:
It's a little risky for alot of resellers to carry much stock IMO.

have stock here in Oz, but at a wholesale price of over $900! for a powercolor...I'll pass on holding stock just now.
Even the slightly cheaper HIS 5970 is still $900. Imagine what they retail for.
All that and the Aussie dollar is very high at 92c US
To put things into perspective a
GTX295 = $590AUS
GTX275 = $270AUS
GTX260 = $220AUS
HD5850 = $380AUS
HD5870 = $560AUS
HD5970 = $910AUS

it's an awesome card, but I think ATI are pricing themselves a little on the high side.:eek:
It's a little risky for alot of resellers to carry much stock IMO.

That's nothing for Maxishine. He always gets the newest tech in AUS. It blows my mind how fast and how much he spends.

Just a heads up with provantage for those wondering, if it is a "special order" and it comes in DOA, they wont do shit about it. You have to take it up with the manufacter. I still have a dead 300 dollar psu they sent me that was packed like ass and was DOA. Fuck provantage.

Just a heads up with provantage for those wondering, if it is a "special order" and it comes in DOA, they wont do shit about it. You have to take it up with the manufacter. I still have a dead 300 dollar psu they sent me that was packed like ass and was DOA. Fuck provantage.
Yeah don't buy from them....they are bad.

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge.

Zip Zoom Fly - Gouge Gouge Gouge

$669 - XFX
$699 - Saphire

holy crap. more like $734 after CA Tax...and...pause for before I puke...$765...

Sorry but there is no way the 5970 is worth that much. Aint No way, no how people. Special thanks to Nvidia for providing no competition and allowing these price gouges to continue. :p

It's not the lack of competition, the RRP of the card is reasonable for what it is and what you can do with it (fundamentally a 5870x2 with some voltmodding and overclocking)

Its the lack of stock thats causing the price gouges, thats due to 40nm waifer supply, nothing to do with AMD/ATI or Nvidias lack of involvement.

Back