5970 Sightings....Where are they?

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
If the 5850/5870 availability was ridiculous enough...I'm guessing finding this card is going to be like finding the holy grail.

Yep I think so. I keep refreshing the newegg page, but nothing shown on their site yet.

Nothing too hard..but its 6-10:30, school 11:15-4:00. I already pulled one all nighter Sunday, might have my girlfriend wait up for it. ;)

which is still $665 US.

somehow, it's 599MSRP in the USA.

CAD prices do not translate directly into USD, even when converted at current market value.

You know, even previously Canadian companies need to gouge a lither bit. :p

Looks like the Powercolour one has a mini-DP to DP adaptor included. I ordered it from NCIX to see if I even get one.

I'm expecting it, but you wont know unless you try. Plus I dont think there will be too many wanting or can afford the price tag, so it could be to my advantage.

somehow, it's 599MSRP in the USA.

CAD prices do not translate directly into USD, even when converted at current market value.

You know, even previously Canadian companies need to gouge a lither bit. :p

Understandable, the govt here gouges the companies harder on this side of the border, and as always the consumer pays. It's still there today, but nowhere like it was in the past.

I'm expecting it, but you wont know unless you try. Plus I dont think there will be too many wanting or can afford the price tag, so it could be to my advantage.

True that. I do hope you get one so you can give us your own personal review. Definitely interested in seeing some user opinions on the 5970.

Well they won't be selling here for a grand U.S so if you really want one you can flick me the cash and I will send it to ya, promise..... :D

Ncix.com has been pretty expensive in their pricing lately. They had a pretty nice thread full of fertilizer all about how prices would be rising on certain items since the Canadian dollar value has tanked iwthin the last few weeks. Ironically, someone posted the Canadian dollar value tracker from Yahoo? versus the US and showed were at 1:1.05 which compared to last weeks 1:1.06 is actually up a tiny bit and compared to last year on this day, is up quite a bit. So yeah, prices will be rising because in the past few weeks the canadian dollar value --hasn't--decreased? Thanks ncix.com, I'll just use newegg.

I'm hoping that Newegg will allow 2 per person for quadfire

I hope so. Ironically, the powercolor 5870 has a limit of '99 per customer' :D. I think its pretty funny but I guess it prevents large reseller from buying lots of stock and ebaying the hot items at a higher price. I mean, how could it be worth it if you can ONLY buy 99 at a time? :D?

Ncix.com has been pretty expensive in their pricing lately. They had a pretty nice thread full of fertilizer all about how prices would be rising on certain items since the Canadian dollar value has tanked iwthin the last few weeks. Ironically, someone posted the Canadian dollar value tracker from Yahoo? versus the US and showed were at 1:1.05 which compared to last weeks 1:1.06 is actually up a tiny bit and compared to last year on this day, is up quite a bit. So yeah, prices will be rising because in the past few weeks the canadian dollar value --hasn't--decreased? Thanks ncix.com, I'll just use newegg.

NCIX is actually comparable to Newegg (.ca), since Newegg charges GST+PST on all purchases, it seems NCIX just marks up the prices to the total amounts that would be charged at Newegg. Still, the only real deterrent for me from buying from NCIX is that you need to sign for everything, but that's kind of off topic. :rolleyes:

NCIX is actually comparable to Newegg (.ca), since Newegg charges GST+PST on all purchases

Living in BC aka 'British Columbia' aka 'Bring Cash', so I pay both GST and PST from both ncix.com and newegg.ca. Soon to be HST but newegg.ca has cheaper prices. ....? So newegg.ca works out to be cheaper for me. I guess you might live in another area of Canada then myself? Im hoping newegg.ca's prices are cheaper than $700.00 for a 5970.

For the UK overclockers.co.uk had actual stock but cranked the price to a stupid £530 and they sold out in about an hour, they're gone now. Ebuyer.com has some pre-orders starting at about £443 this morning which is what I got mine for and the prices have all been hiked to around £480 now. Pre orders for my sapphire are due 27th, the fact they have limited pre order numbers hopefully means they actually have that stock reserved. *fingers crossed*

Anyway £443 is a good price, I'm happy I got in, it was a window of about 15 minutes, guess that's what you get for etailer camping :D

Didn't you just buy a GTX 295?

I did...I'm optimistic...$330 for a 295 is still ok I think even though it gets pulverized by the 5970. I'm still faster than a 5870 though. :D. And with a decent OC, I can pull a lot closer to a stock 5970 ;)

I did...I'm optimistic...$330 for a 295 is still ok I think even though it gets pulverized by the 5970. I'm still faster than a 5870 though. :D. And with a decent OC, I can pull a lot closer to a stock 5970 ;)

Yeah but can your GTX-295 game like this ?
photo9.jpg

Well I jumped on the Amazon deal. Which can now reside with my still pending XFX 5850 order... in the possibly in vain hope that one or the other will actually ship in the near future. Really need a new card, before the fan fails completely on my 4870.

Amazon listed a Diamond model 10m ago so that would probably ship first for someone ordering now.

Back