• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

58xx launch: why so sneaky?

Confirmed! Nvidia Intercepted the shipments :D

nvati.jpg
 
Last edited:
My father gave me a Q6600 and a copy of Crysis two years ago... Maybe now I can play it with this card?
 
I have to admit, i love what ATI has done with releasing the AT5870.. they are quickly learning that Paper Launches suck..

i'd much rather that when they make the anouncment I am able to buy the card immediately.
 
I have to admit, i love what ATI has done with releasing the AT5870.. they are quickly learning that Paper Launches suck..

i'd much rather that when they make the anouncment I am able to buy the card immediately.

I'd much rather a product announcement be made and a later release date given. That might be a paper launch in your book but to me it's just good business. For example, I wouldn't expect a movie studio to remain silent about their latest blockbuster until the very day it was released to theaters. That might make it kind of hard to sell tickets.
 
I have to admit, i love what ATI has done with releasing the AT5870.. they are quickly learning that Paper Launches suck..

i'd much rather that when they make the anouncment I am able to buy the card immediately.

Also, if the rumors are true, most of us won't even be able to buy them immediately as they are going to be released in limited numbers.
 
I will have to give AMD/ATI the benefit of the doubt about launch day availability.

When the 4850/4870 was launched there was plenty of stock and I just had to stroll into Best Buy after work to grab a 4850 in the Summer of 2007.

I expect in this economy only the Hardcore are going to jump on intro MSRP prices and I am sure there will be plenty for all early adopting fresh silicon junkies ;)
 
omg omg omg omg 5870 omg omg omg omg omg omg iwant iwant it iwant omg omg omg omg omg omg
 
People should stick to using GMT-derived timezones. It's far too confusing otherwise...

So tomorrow is the big day then, I guess. Interesting to see the benchmarks, not to mention when and what nVidia's response will be :)
 
I predict responses with PhysX, CUDA, WUDA, SHUDA, CULO, PUTO, PINTO, how DX9 is still good and nobody needs progress, how 4xAA is enough for everybody, and crapping out press releases and meetings and news to take the sound away from whatever AMD's got going on.
 
For example, I wouldn't expect a movie studio to remain silent about their latest blockbuster until the very day it was released to theaters. That might make it kind of hard to sell tickets.

ever hear of cloverfeild? movie made tons of money and nobody knew what it was really about before they went to see it.
 
J.J. Abrams made an apology for that (in Wired). Had to leave the theaters before it got ugly.


I saw it on DVD at home so the camera work didn't bother me...it was the acting. I wanted those gays to be eaten by the spider-monkeys.
 
Back
Top