5870 for 150 shipped

You mean the red text on the item page that says - This product will be in stock on Friday 09 December, 2011.

28989127.jpg

I am fairly sure that wasn't there when I ordered, but it has now shipped and I should get it Thursday. :D

I know this is trivial, but are you guys getring black pcbs like the one pictured? Red wouldnt go with my black theme. Thanks.

I know this is trivial, but are you guys getring black pcbs like the one pictured? Red wouldnt go with my black theme. Thanks.

They should all be black. AFAICS, PowerColor was the only brand to sport a different reference PCB color (e.g. red). But I'm not entirely sure they made any reference 5870's with red PCB.

Has anyone else ordered from these folks yet? I'm hearing some mixed reviews on this thread but at that price tag that 5870 seems like a steal. Would like a bit more input before I dive in

Yeah, I bought these, and just got them. Seems to be working fine. I'm pretty sure they're refurbished though, because there were some little scratches on the plastic part of the card.

Oh, and the card is humongous, so make sure you have space in your case before buying. I barely managed to get mine to fit, and I have a pretty big case.

I filed a claim for paypal. This is used / refurb not new and there are no warranty on them... I'd suggest you guys do the same!

I bit and just ordered one. Apparently they're site says manufacturer warranty, but that would mean it's AMD, wouldn't it? considering it's a reference card? If there isn't a warranty on them at all then that would be very bad news if it fails on me after their own warranty period. It just seemed like a really good deal because they're clearing stock on the 5xxx series with the 7xxx coming out in Jan/Feb. Even if it's refurb and it works I don't care so long as the manufacturer warranty is what it says it is on their site

I've got a full tower with plenty of room so the length shouldn't be an issue

Yeah, I bought these, and just got them. Seems to be working fine. I'm pretty sure they're refurbished though, because there were some little scratches on the plastic part of the card.

Oh, and the card is humongous, so make sure you have space in your case before buying. I barely managed to get mine to fit, and I have a pretty big case.

Yeah, I the card is pushing on both sides of the case, and exerting a force on the motherboard. I'm a little worried about it.

jctusmc03: My wife works for a credit card proccessing company and she has ordered a couple of things from sites that seemed less than reputiable. If they are giving you the run around just contact your CC company and inform them of the situation and request they do a charge back. You will be required to send the item back and the merchant will get penalized by their proccessor. This works even if a they say no refunds, the CC companys dont play around.

You wont have the card, but you will have your money back.

I didn't use a credit card, but I did used PayPal as I've never heard of them. But as you know I'm sure they also have things like this to protect you, and I've already opened a case in the resolution center with PayPal. So I should have this taken care of by the end of the week.

I'd suggest everyone else use PayPal or a CC though just in case you have something like this happen, protect yourselves.

I bought one from GearXS and everything went very smoothly. Got my card the same week I ordered. 1saleaday takes forever to ship but they are good for their product.

Happy I didn't jump on this one. I was really considering it too. Hope anyone having issues gets them resolved.

What are your temps like? I'm not sure if my card is defective or if its normal for this card, but I'm running around 45-50C idle and up to 85C on full load, which seems pretty damn hot to me. Bit worried about that.

that's normal on stock cooling for video cards, they can run safely much hotter than CPU's.

I bought one, and it is working great. Mine is sitting @ 35C at idle in an Antec 300 case with the fan manually set at 28%. Nice and cool.

Read the posts # 80 - 90 of this thread.

Anand is out to lunch on these benchmarks.

That's even better then. I'm glad I jumped on this :D can't wait to get it in!

Also, I gave AMD a call and the "two year direct" warranty that gearxs states is BS. AMD doesnt offer ANY warranty for OEM products.

Also, I gave AMD a call and the "two year direct" warranty that gearxs states is BS. AMD doesnt offer ANY warranty for OEM products.

I didn't want to hear that... I may have to email gearxs and ask them just who the maker is just in case it goes bad.

On the flip side, I've just installed this and it's running well. I had a bit of an issue where the left side of my screen was slightly blurrier than the right, but I've managed to fix that (somehow changing the refresh rate did it). The fan is very loud but works very well, despite my case not having the greatest of air flow.

There was no sign that this was a refurb and it does look exactly like the visiontek card here. Very big, very loud at over 50% fan speed. It came with stock clocks which I haven't fiddled with yet. Haven't tested it in heavy gaming sessions either, which i'll probably do overnight.

Last edited:
I actually think the fan is pretty quiet.

If you find out if these are made by anyone other than ATI let me know.

any update on the manufacturer/warranty? im curious to know.. ive already purchased the cards and they run great but it would blow to have no warranty.

I actually think the fan is pretty quiet.

If you find out if these are made by anyone other than ATI let me know.

Same here. It's silent idle, and quiet when playing games. This is the first card in a long time that I haven't had to replace the heatsink on to keep noise levels down.

Got mine yesterday! Significant upgrade to the 4890 that was in the previously. Paired with a 1090t @3.8, this system is rocksolid. Very happy camper

My son received his promptly. Plain packaging, no accessories. We have been waiting on other parts to try it out, and happy to report the card is working fine. I can't say the same for the OEM Asus mobo we got from the Egg though :\

The deal still shows on the page, though OOS currently. I got a little extra cash for Christmas so I think I get to get one for myself if they ever come back in stock.

You can get additional plugs through corsair, or use a molex to pcie adapter. My xfx 5870 came with a pair.

Happy I didn't jump on this one. I was really considering it too. Hope anyone having issues gets them resolved.

Seems to me the vast majority received theirs and are very pleased. 8 page thread and a couple complaints? If I wanted one and didnt jump on it I certainly wouldn't be happy about it.

My girlfriend got in on this deal and her card came in quickly, this was 3 weeks ago nearly, plain box, in a blister pack and absolutely brand new. She hasn't really used it. She is waiting for Guild Wars 2 before she starts gaming. Oh, she is using it for power her 3 monitors. She did have to buy an active displayport adapter.

I wouldn't buy these aged cards now. As I keep reiterating, 78/7900 series is coming, should offer better performance.

Plus these cards have issues with tesselation and the like, going forward will be more of an issue. 6800 is better on tess, 6900 better yet, but they still both pale compared to 7000. The thing is this card is two gens old.

I wouldn't buy these aged cards now. As I keep reiterating, 78/7900 series is coming, should offer better performance.

Plus these cards have issues with tesselation and the like, going forward will be more of an issue. 6800 is better on tess, 6900 better yet, but they still both pale compared to 7000. The thing is this card is two gens old.

Thanks for sharing your story.:rolleyes:

A 7900 comes in at, what $450-$499 vs this card at $150 and is faster than the 6800 series. So, yeah... Not really sure what you're trying to prove here. If it's that a $450 card is going to be faster than a $150, well, we all already know that.

Back