52 inch samsung major pricing mistake 9.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would rather have none than possibly one? The chances just go down more and more as people order larger quantities.

+1

It's the greedy bastards that ruin ANY chance that the mistake goes unnoticed.

# We are sorry. The product, Samsung - 52" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LCD HDTV, is currently unavailable for Delivery. Please remove this product before continuing.

Oh well, looks like i wont get my 1

# We are sorry. The product, Samsung - 52" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LCD HDTV, is currently unavailable for Delivery. Please remove this product before continuing.

Oh well, looks like i wont get my 1

nor will anyone else ....

I only ordered one. I'm still betting they will ship out refurbished 680i motherboards.

But don’t get yourself too excited because Best Buy has a privacy policy that protects the company from “mistakes” whenever they make one. That means that you won’t get to buy the Ln52a650 for $9.99 because if a blopper happens, Best Buy can’t be forced to ship the goods

Read more: http://www.devicemag.com/2009/08/12...-tv-for-999-at-bestbuy-mistake/#ixzz0Nyp67Wd4

So much for that! I was in for 5 too.

Honestly if I ever found out about a deal like this I certainly wouldn't share it. If you are the only one to find out about it, there is a much better chance of you getting in on it than sharing it and having 1000+ orders go through.

So the page is deleted, articles have been written online about the pricing mistake, im sure tens of thousands were order, and still nothing from BBY yet? Watch them sit on our money for a few days make us sweat it out :eek:

nicknations said:
So the page is deleted, articles have been written online about the pricing mistake, im sure tens of thousands were order, and still nothing from BBY yet? Watch them sit on our money for a few days make us sweat it out

But on the plus side, for those that only ordered 1 they're only going to be sitting on $10.

Would be funny if they cancel all the order and intend of refunding you, they gave you credit for the next purchase or a bestbuy only gift card.

They need to do that and pown all the people that tried to pown them :)

So the page is deleted, articles have been written online about the pricing mistake, im sure tens of thousands were order, and still nothing from BBY yet? Watch them sit on our money for a few days make us sweat it out :eek:

If they're gaining interest on that money of yours that they are holding for those few days, then maybe these price mistakes of theirs aren't so innocent after all...

Actually, isn't that what Monarch was doing to try and stay afloat 'til they just couldn't stay above water any longer?

anyone that thinks several people ordering 10 is what kills the deals is an idiot :rolleyes:

I think it would be the 10,000 people suddenly ordering an item, regardless of the number each order is, that kills it :rolleyes:

and making interest on money? what money? They cannot charge your credit card until the order actually goes through.

The hold you see on your account? Money hasn't changed hands, it's just to make sure the money is still there, and unavailable for other purchases, until the order is processed. They cannot take your money without shipping the item.

Anyone who honestly thought Bestbuy will let these slide is an idiot.
We are talking less than $100 after shipping. If a $100 is going to break you then YES you are an idiot if you spent all your money on this to get a chance at a 52" TV, but if $100 isnt going to really hurt you then what are you hurting by gambling on a chance for the TV? I mean.. Worst case scenario, you get your money refunded to you.

Would be funny if they cancel all the order and intend of refunding you, they gave you credit for the next purchase or a bestbuy only gift card.

They need to do that and pown all the people that tried to pown them :)

Then they would most certainly have a lawsuit on their hands. How do you think they would be able to get away with that one when it was their fault that they put the price up wrong in the first place? Its not like someone hacked the site and changed the price, they messed up.

I agree with you, I do not blame anyone for trying. Back in the day Buy.com obviously had priced some Viewsonic monitor incorrectly. And all these douche bags were ordering thinking they'd get it. And I thought they were all idiots. And Buy.com then canceled the orders. And then the douche bags filed a class action against buy.com. And I forget what they got but they won actually. And ever since I do not blame anyone for jumping on these obviously incorrect prices, cause it can't hurt.

>:|

/me still a wounded monitor child.

i got two cancellation emails:

Order Cancellation
8/12/2009
Order Number:

Dear :

There's been a change to the status of your order.

The product you ordered is no longer available and the order has been canceled. If you'd like to make another selection, visit a Best Buy store or BestBuy.com. The credit card (or Gift Card) used for this order has been credited. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement.

If you used a Reward Certificate for this order, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone Program account with in 3-5 days.

Item details are listed below.

If you have any questions about this cancellation, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

I got a Dell 2007wfp back in 2006 for $156 through Dell, this was when they were $399 or so normally. I have not been successful in getting a Dell pricing error since.

We are talking less than $100 after shipping. If a $100 is going to break you then YES you are an idiot if you spent all your money on this to get a chance at a 52" TV, but if $100 isnt going to really hurt you then what are you hurting by gambling on a chance for the TV? I mean.. Worst case scenario, you get your money refunded to you.

Found one! :D

Get real...100 bucks difference, probably not.....1000 difference, laughable! :D

I haven't gotten a cancellation email yet and I was in on it very early.

I'll bet you a 52" Samsung your order gets canceled by the end of the day. You're not special. You didn't beat the system. Quit telling yourself fairy tales.

anyone that thinks several people ordering 10 is what kills the deals is an idiot :rolleyes:

I think it would be the 10,000 people suddenly ordering an item, regardless of the number each order is, that kills it :rolleyes:

and making interest on money? what money? They cannot charge your credit card until the order actually goes through.

The hold you see on your account? Money hasn't changed hands, it's just to make sure the money is still there, and unavailable for other purchases, until the order is processed. They cannot take your money without shipping the item.

if that was true then I guess im getting a tv since my bank account showed that bb has my monies
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Got the cancellation email, lol.

There was a pricing error on the Samsung 52" LCD HDTV; as a result, your order will be cancelled and you will not be charged for this item. We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience.

SocceRich20 said:
I'll bet you a 52" Samsung your order gets canceled by the end of the day. You're not special. You didn't beat the system. Quit telling yourself fairy tales.

Uhhh.... my post doesn't mean I'm delusional.

My post simply said that I placed an order early but hadn't gotten a cancellation yet. And that was it. I didn't say "gee I didn't get cancelled so THE TEEVEES MINE".

You read far too much into that.

Found one! :D

Get real...100 bucks difference, probably not.....1000 difference, laughable! :D

You were obviously not understanding what I was saying. I was saying IF you bought the tv for $10 last night that it after taxes and shipping it would be around $100. I was not saying the original price was only a $100 difference than the $10. Nice try though chief.

I haven't received any cancellation emails...but then again I haven't checked my email.

I'm crossing my fingers.

I placed several different orders last night... the cancles are coming in, but they aren't coming in in the order I placed them... kinda strange. But yeah, they got canceled, heh... worth a shot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back