5090 Production Halted

Its time for people to abandon Nvidia. Go AMD, spend our money there so AMD can innovate even more. Maybe even someone else will start making GPUs. But nVidia needs to be forgotten. They lost thier way.
 
I haven't seen any 5090s listed as in stock at the Denver Microcenter in over a month. It's certainly possible they've received one or two here and there and I missed them, but their supply effectively dried up a while ago.

Haven't seen any 5090s listed on Newegg in a couple weeks, either.
 
Looks like it finally happened. I can see them stopping the higher end production, wonder if this will affect the lower end as well.

Its time for people to abandon Nvidia. Go AMD, spend our money there so AMD can innovate even more. Maybe even someone else will start making GPUs. But nVidia needs to be forgotten. They lost thier way.

You think AMD, even in its current state, will not do the same? The GPU part of the business would love to make more money and cutting back gamer cards for parts useful for AI/server would make more sense for them. I hope they don't, but if they can match Nvidia performance/cost I think that will go elsewhere and they'll stay in the low to upper midrange consumer GPU market.
 
Last edited:
I haven't seen any 5090s listed as in stock at the Denver Microcenter in over a month. It's certainly possible they've received one or two here and there and I missed them, but their supply effectively dried up a while ago.

Haven't seen any 5090s listed on Newegg in a couple weeks, either.
5090s show up at my MC. Not many but they are all $5k+. Currently 2 at mine.
 
Sure it's not like AMD won't use that money to fund their AI innovations and thank all of us by following Nvidia to abandon the PC market later.
AMD has abandoned the market. Look no further than their discrete GPU market share.
 
game developers will also stop making GPU-demanding games if no one can buy a card that'll play them...consoles might be the future of gaming
 
game developers will also stop making GPU-demanding games if no one can buy a card that'll play them...consoles might be the future of gaming
That's not going to happen for a long while. Just because halo cards aren't made anymore doesn't mean gaming GPUs disappear. Not to mention the huge installed base of gaming GPUs out there.
 
maxed out, 4K, path tracing, 165 hz+?...PC is about pushing graphical fidelity to its limits, it's not about playing games with low/medium graphics settings

Read your original post: game developers will also stop making GPU-demanding games if no one can buy a card that'll play them...consoles might be the future of gaming.

Are you telling me everybody plays games 4K path traced 165 fps? That's literally like 0.1% of the playerbase, so if 0.1% of the playerbase cannot play games because they cannot buy the card that will play it at those settings then game developers should stop making graphics heavy games? Are we just gonna ignore the rest of the 99.9% of the playerbase? There are still plenty of GPU heavy games that a 5080 will handle and you don't need to go down to low/medium settings to play them.

And as a 5090 owner, not even this card can play path traced games at 4K 165fps, you can't even get HALF that frame rate at 4K, so I guess game developers need to stop pushing graphics right now because there is no card that can play at those settings right? That is never how it worked, game developers will push graphics even if there is no current hardware that can play it, just look at Crysis 1 back in 2007 and now look at DLSS5 today. DLSS5 is hardly playable at 4K on a 5090, but future generation hardware will make it more playable.
 
Last edited:
Never been so happy to have bought my 5090 a few months after release at what seemed like crazy pricing then. Never in the history of PC building have I been able to sell (I would never sell tho) my gaming rig for almost double what it cost to build it (thanks to the DDR5 as well). 🤯

Kind of has me worried if I ever had to RMA mine though, normally there is peace of mind in knowing I can have it replaced or buy one to run on while I wait on an RMA then return said card (I have a MC near me, so easy to do).

I think my 4090 in my other PC is also STILL worth more than I paid as well, crazy times.
 
Never been so happy to have bought my 5090 a few months after release at what seemed like crazy pricing then. Never in the history of PC building have I been able to sell (I would never sell tho) my gaming rig for almost double what it cost to build it (thanks to the DDR5 as well). 🤯

I purchased a 48GB kit of DDR5 8000 from B&H for $249.99 on October 20, 2023. Today the same kit at the same retailer is $1144.99.

Looking forward to offloading my 5090 in March 2028 for roughly $15,700. Put it toward a $25k 6090 or 6080 Ai :eek:
 
I purchased a 48GB kit of DDR5 8000 from B&H for $249.99 on October 20, 2023. Today the same kit at the same retailer is $1144.99.

Looking forward to offloading my 5090 in March 2028 for roughly $15,700. Put it toward a $25k 6090 or 6080 Ai :eek:

I just had to buy 1x 16GB DDR5 5200 used from ebay for $170 😭🔫
 
I purchased a 48GB kit of DDR5 8000 from B&H for $249.99 on October 20, 2023. Today the same kit at the same retailer is $1144.99.

Looking forward to offloading my 5090 in March 2028 for roughly $15,700. Put it toward a $25k 6090 or 6080 Ai :eek:
Yeah, I have a pair of Corsair Dominator Titanium RGB 96GB (2 x 48GB) DDR5-6600 that I paid around $384 for around May of 2025... same kit goes for almost $1600 now. Sadly, at one time I considered buying another kit to max things out (although not sure if my setup could have run 4 sticks with such tight timings I am running now), should have bought more of it then... 😅
 
Nvidia taking this off the market is like the Cartel going "You know what, we're pulling Fentanyl...". Legit its the most positive thing Nvidia has done for the community since telling us all to fuck off. They are literally saving the most stupid amongst us from themselves. Thanks, Nvidia, for your concern!

And anyone suggesting we buy AMD instead is like debating at the TASTES GREAT/LESS FILLING (iykyk) level here........DLSS actually works, so get a 5070 TI or 5080 and turn it on and game....AMD is all empty promises and every year a new CPU that solves literally nothing for any of us. C'mon guys, I wanna believe too... but AMD is at best a dollar store band aid solution on the GPU front.
 
Glad I bought a 4090 while it was still affordable. This is only going to get worse.
 
Back
Top