3DMark11 Score

Your score is rather weird. You have a much faster PC than me but our score difference is only about 200 points. I've noticed that your 5870 score is low. I think that's the culprit.

I'm thinking it's because I'm not using a Futuremark approved driver...hopefully Catalyst 10.12 will raise my score

It refused to run on PC #1 in my sig.
4078 on PC #2 in my sig.
4181 on PC #3 in my sig.

1st Run with Clocks same as Signature (Running Driver version 10.10e)

3DMark Score - P4408
Graphics score - 4126
Physics Score - 7147
Combined Score - 4157
GraphicsTest1 - 22.52 FPS
GraphicsTest2 - 21.33 FPS
GraphicsTest3 - 25.17 FPS
GraphicsTest4 - 10.88 FPS
PhysicsTest - 22.69 FPS
CombinedTest - 19.34 FPS​

2nd Run with i7-950 @ 4.0GHz and 5870 @ 880/1225 (Running Driver version 10.10e)

3DMark Score - P4527
Graphics score - 4210
Physics Score - 7881
Combined Score - 4217
GraphicsTest1 - 22.93 FPS
GraphicsTest2 - 21.75 FPS
GraphicsTest3 - 25.69 FPS
GraphicsTest4 - 11.11 FPS
PhysicsTest - 25.02 FPS
CombinedTest - 19.62 FPS​

3rd Run with i7-950 @ 4.0GHz and 5870 @ 890/1230 (Running Driver version 10.10e)

3DMark Score - P4568
Graphics score - 4251
Physics Score - 7894
Combined Score - 4266
GraphicsTest1 - 23.15 FPS
GraphicsTest2 - 21.95 FPS
GraphicsTest3 - 25.92 FPS
GraphicsTest4 - 11.23 FPS
PhysicsTest - 25.06 FPS
CombinedTest - 19.84 FPS​

4th Run with i7-950 @ 4.14GHz and 5870 @ 890/1230 (Running Driver version 10.10e)

3DMark Score - P4580
Graphics score - 4253
Physics Score - 8115
Combined Score - 4258
GraphicsTest1 - 23.17 FPS
GraphicsTest2 - 21.96 FPS
GraphicsTest3 - 25.93 FPS
GraphicsTest4 - 11.23 FPS
PhysicsTest - 25.76 FPS
CombinedTest - 19.81 FPS​

On thing I have noticed is that Tessellation and AMD cards don't get along

EDIT: These are all with HT disabled as well

Last edited:
P3222 3DMarks

On Q6600@stock
gtx470 sli @stock

of course, sli isn't working yet. Time to overclock, I think.

edit: overclocked to 3.2ghz didnt change much, P3231 3DMarks. Wish I knew how to get SLI working.

Last edited:
P3222 3DMarks

On Q6600@stock
gtx470 sli @stock

of course, sli isn't working yet. Time to overclock, I think.

edit: overclocked to 3.2ghz didnt change much, P3231 3DMarks. Wish I knew how to get SLI working.

From what I read over on the EVGA board Nvidia needs a new driver to support SLI for 3D Mark 11..
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=725285

And you won't find much difference in overclocking the CPU or with physics..

Mine scored out at 2082. Lol, It says my graphics drivers aren't approved and i can say it can suck my ding ding. The driver work best on my notebook. Not bad for a notebook though. :D

My baseline score is P4042

Radeon HD 5850 running at 940 MHz core, 1000 MHz RAM (she has more to give).
Phenom II X4 920 running at 3.4GHz.
6GB of RAM (2x2GB + 2X1GB) in dual channel mode.

I know this HD 5850 can do over 1000 MHz core quite easily, but heat becomes a problem. The stock cooler running full blast (very loud) just barely manages to keep it in-check at those clock-speeds.

Here is what I got with my 5850 X-Fire setup.

3Dmark.jpg

This is what I get with HT on.....nothing else changed.

C3DmarkHT.jpg

BTW sorry for the small pics....can not figure out how to make them bigger.

Yes, I don't see the need to o/c my video cards......yet ;)

Pulled off a P7175 score with my 920 @ 3.8Ghz HT on and my 2x5850s stock... for whatever reason it is not showing my cards being OCed.

I got the same score (+- a few) with the cards stock or OCed ... (I have not pushed it on the OC either, just maxing out Mem and GPU in ATI/AMD CC panel :p)

______________ CPU difference_____________________
Got a score of P6990 with the 920 @ 2.66Ghz HT on

I am really not happy with my system right now... maybe later I will have more time to tweak it but I also don't really care. I rather play some BC2 then sit around and try to put up a few more points.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/74788

Interestingly 3dmark11 freezes things up when I have the memory on my 6870 set to anything above 1100... So for this I had to trial and error it down to 1100 until it would complete the benchmark. I run metro 2033, crysis, etc all at 1140....so not sure why this is so much more demanding (bad memory buffering?).

P4301 rig is in my sig, but gpu is 975/1100.

Okay -so here's the test results for running my i7-920 + GTX460 rig at the slowest CPU clock speed I can. 1.6 Ghz. The video card is the Galaxy GTX460 Super O/C and I didn't mess with it to underclock or overclock for either test -- everything in the drivers default win7 x64 install.

I7-920 at 1.6Ghz with GTX460 and 12GB of RAM - BCC at 133mhz x 12 multiplier
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/85290 - resulting in 3547 score

I7-920 at 4.0Ghz with GTX460 and 12GB of RAM - BCC at 200mhz x20 multiplier
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/38694 - resulting in 3850 score

So at 2.4Ghz less I get within ~300 points of the same score on the same machine.

OBVIOUSLY this benchmark cares NOTHING about CPU quality.

The benchmark is for 3D performance. From dual core to six core CPUs, they all can run CPU Physics so the difference isn't much.
3D Mark11 tests GPU speed and CPU Physics which is related to 3D performance so I can understand why 3D Mark test for that also.
There are plenty CPU benchmarks out there that will properly test CPU quality and speed, 3D Mark is not one of them.

I would guess it does, otherwise I wouldn't be beating HotShotMedic's 580 score with my 5850.
Or something on HotShotMedic's system isn't set up right, killing his score:rolleyes:

You also have a fairly insane overclock on the HD 5850, which helps quite a bit.

i get fast fluid gaming performance with with high aa and af, thats what i care about. not a score from a benchmark.

OBVIOUSLY this benchmark cares NOTHING about CPU quality.

I agree... I went from P6990 @ 2.66Ghz and didn't get much more @ 3.8Ghz bringing in a total score of P7175.

The difference just isn't what you think it would be... it is the same thing when I run games, BC2 @ 2.66 or 3.8 yields me about the same FPS.

It is hardly worth OCin my CPU... just more heat and more energy wasted for very little gain.

I can't get it to run the PhysX benchies, keeps crashing, seen a lot of other people say the same thing, glad I didn't pay for it,

I can't get it to run the PhysX benchies, keeps crashing, seen a lot of other people say the same thing, glad I didn't pay for it,

This version doesn't use PhysX

If you are getting the black screen during the CPU test try disabling the "Scan System Info" in the Help tab and it should run, it just won't detect any of your system info

That's what I have to do

This version doesn't use PhysX

If you are getting the black screen during the CPU test try disabling the "Scan System Info" in the Help tab and it should run, it just won't detect any of your system info

That's what I have to do

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a shot when I get a chance.

i get fast fluid gaming performance with with high aa and af, thats what i care about. not a score from a benchmark.

The point of this benchmark is to let you know if your system performs normally. After the benchmark, your score will be plotted and compared to other people who has the same components as yours. So if you have a lower score than these people, then something must be wrong with your system. Gaming and benchmarking are two different things.

The point of this benchmark is to let you know if your system performs normally. After the benchmark, your score will be plotted and compared to other people who has the same components as yours. So if you have a lower score than these people, then something must be wrong with your system. Gaming and benchmarking are two different things.

Glad to see someone knows the point of benching. Tweaking and optimising hardware to ensure correct execution of software and/or getting the most out of your hardware.

I was beginning to think the majority of users only like benches when they score more than others.........giving weak negative comments when they don't.

with a oc'd gtx 580, you would be at 6000+ points with that setup.

i also checked your graphics test #4, wow thats bad, 10fps? that's abysmal if you ask me.

Is there something I can do about that? Are you saying I have my system setup wrong? Or are you just commenting on the nVidia card being the better choice? If so, I'm not interested in upgrading graphics cards at this time. I got the 5870 close to it's launch, so Fermi wasn't an option at the time. I'll wait a generation or two before I'm in the market for another card.

I'm definitely open to suggestions for optimized settings, however. :)

Is there something I can do about that? Are you saying I have my system setup wrong? Or are you just commenting on the nVidia card being the better choice? If so, I'm not interested in upgrading graphics cards at this time. I got the 5870 close to it's launch, so Fermi wasn't an option at the time. I'll wait a generation or two before I'm in the market for another card.

there is nothing wrong with your setup, i just wanted you to know that your setup can do more with a different gpu.

there is nothing wrong with your setup, i just wanted you to know that your setup can do more with more powerfull gpu's out there.

Alright, thanks for the input, I'm aware of nVidia's offerings at the moment as well. Just not interested in anything from either camps offerings this time around. I've got other upgrades on the mind that are taking precedence over a new GPU. :)

there is nothing wrong with your setup, i just wanted you to know that your setup can do more with a different gpu.

One word springs to mind........tesselation. AFAIK ATi cards struggle with this compared to NVIDIA cards.

IMO all other aspects seem perfectly fine.

One word springs to mind........tesselation. AFAIK ATi cards struggle with this compared to NVIDIA cards.

IMO all other aspects seem perfectly fine.

knowing that your system struggles with DX11 but fine with DX9 is not something i would label as "perfectly fine"

i left dx10 cuz it never really existed in a way.

Back