3930k C2 news?

Just picked up a 3930K C2 locally here from Canada Computers. The only one they had!

I know for a fact that Newegg has 600 on order. I hope they get them soon that's all I ask.

Ya i saw over at overclock.net that someone had called them and found out how many they have on order but no date as of yet.

Ya i saw over at overclock.net that someone had called them and found out how many they have on order but no date as of yet.

Bottom Line Telecom has 1640 on order but that doesn't mean their getting that many in any time soon.

I have a feeling I know what get then delivered to everyone. As soon as I buy the 3960X, becasue I can't wiat anymore - every store will get dozens, and the price will drop like a stone. The whole world will have the 3930K.

I have a feeling I know what get then delivered to everyone. As soon as I buy the 3960X, becasue I can't wiat anymore - every store will get dozens, and the price will drop like a stone. The whole world will have the 3930K.

Lol. Join us.

The weird part seeing that many stores are sold out with 3930K in stock is that both Clevo and Maingear plus other high-end laptop manufacturers are releasing laptops (based on the Clevo design) can be equipped with a 3930K or a 3960X processor. (All for the low price of an arm and a leg.)

Maybe manufacturers got the new C2 3930K first perhaps before consumers?

I would bet they get them sooner becasue they buy in bulk and don't have any retail packaging. But they could also just be playing the lead time, knowing they are coming soon.

Last edited:
Intel's motherboard partners must be getting pretty pissed off by now. Plenty of X79 m/boards available in the supply channels but are utterly useless unless you are prepared to shell out over 1k for the 3960X.

Intel's motherboard partners must be getting pretty pissed off by now. Plenty of X79 m/boards available in the supply channels but are utterly useless unless you are prepared to shell out over 1k for the 3960X.

... unless consumers want to go for the i7 3820... :rolleyes:

They could, but why would they pay the premium for the X79 platform to get performance worse than an i7 2600K?

Can you even get a 3920 right now?

Nope, I don't even see it on Newegg.com and it's not even listed on Intel's website for some reason.

They could, but why would they pay the premium for the X79 platform to get performance worse than an i7 2600K?

Yeah, exactly. Not many will be willing to pay for a processor that's subpar to the 2600K unless someone needs more PCI-E slots and quad-channel memory.

Bottom Line just updated thier site to show March 1st - I think all the RMAs are at the front of the line. I think - People who don't need, or even knew what the C2 issue is - now want the new chips, which making the wait longer.

Last edited:
Bottom Line just updated thier site to show March 1st - I think all the RMAs are at the front of the line. I think - People who don't need, or even knew what the C2 issue is - now want the new chips, which making the wait longer.

They should be at the end of the line until Intel fills backorders because Intel is only losing money off them and most don't even know what vt-d does let alone actually make use of it, they just want a free upgrade in hopes it overclocks a few Mhz more.

Any idea about whether the 3960's that hit Amazon are C2?

I'm getting really annoyed here waiting for the 3930. I've had all my parts sans mono and proc sitting here since early January.

My 3930k C2 is coming on the brown truck tomorrow. I paid a little premium but not the $400 3960X premium some people have paid.

The 3960x I got from newegg is a C2, I'd assume the same from Amazon. If you must have c2 and must have a 3960 I'd go with newegg to be sure at this point.

The 3960x I got from newegg is a C2, I'd assume the same from Amazon. If you must have c2 and must have a 3960 I'd go with newegg to be sure at this point.

I don't _have_ to have a 3960, but at this point I'm very close to saying "fuck it" and getting the damned thing so I won't have to wait anymore. I'd rather spend the extra $ on something like a second video card than the slightly faster processor...but the video card I have is just collecting dust right now :(

I don't _have_ to have a 3960, but at this point I'm very close to saying "fuck it" and getting the damned thing so I won't have to wait anymore. I'd rather spend the extra $ on something like a second video card than the slightly faster processor...but the video card I have is just collecting dust right now :(

I held out for about a month feeling the same way... Built my 3960 over the weekend and haven't looked back since. Sure it'd be nice to be able to spend the money elsewhere like an extra video card, but like you my project was dead in the water without a CPU.

Just do it.. Every day you fire up that sweet sweet hex core you'll forget about the extra money spent :)

Last edited:
Hrmph. It does make me wonder why there are 3960X C2s out there, but not 3930Ks. Clearly demand is an issue, but nobody seems to have ANY. Demand would be enough explanation if Newegg kept going out of stock, but not since they stay out of stock (and that they are just binned 3960s).

This is the way I look at it, Newegg once they have the 3930 might be a combo purchase. I already have everything I need so lets say its 150 bucks extra to get the CPU. I could have my system built for only 250 more dollars.

You know when you consider it is looking like ealry March, and prices are closer to 700 than 500 - would you pay 200-300 more for the 3960X?

Maybe we're just getting played by Intel in order to boost the sales of the 3960x. It's dirty.

Maybe we're just getting played by Intel in order to boost the sales of the 3960x. It's dirty.

Well I said it a few pages back but I asked IntelEnthusiast about supply a week ago and he said expect online retailers to have stock around WW07, which is next week. He said on another forum a couple days ago it may not meet the current demand but that issue should be resolved within a month.

The day after I asked him I stumbled across a small builder selling some C2 3930ks at a small premium. I went ahead and ordered after checking out some positive reviews of the seller and should have it in my hands tomorrow or Friday.

You know when you consider it is looking like ealry March, and prices are closer to 700 than 500 - would you pay 200-300 more for the 3960X?

I doubt the 3960x price will drop until another CPU takes it's place.

I doubt the 3960x price will drop until another CPU takes it's place.

Not that the 3960X will drop below $1,000, but it sounds like that we won't see 3960k below $700 readly available until mid March. Sure you might get lucky and find a retailer who got a couple in, but for the most part the people I am hearing who are getting them are paying 700-800. And I have to ask, if the 3930K was $750 - would anyone want that over the 3960X for only 200 or 300 more??

Not that the 3960X will drop below $1,000, but it sounds like that we won't see 3960k below $700 readly available until mid March. Sure you might get lucky and find a retailer who got a couple in, but for the most part the people I am hearing who are getting them are paying 700-800. And I have to ask, if the 3930K was $750 - would anyone want that over the 3960X for only 200 or 300 more??

Only $200 or $300? that's a chunk bro. It would take some serious self-convincing to justify that, especially given the performance of the 3930k. That's the price (200-300) of a new badass case or nice SSD. There is plenty of shit I would rather spend that money on.

Only $200 or $300? that's a chunk bro. It would take some serious self-convincing to justify that, especially given the performance of the 3930k. That's the price (200-300) of a new badass case or nice SSD. There is plenty of shit I would rather spend that money on.

Oh I agree, I don't spend foolishly, which is the reason I am waiting and complaining. But I have that kind of scratch, and this waiting weeks is wearing thin.

Oh I agree, I don't spend foolishly, which is the reason I am waiting and complaining. But I have that kind of scratch, and this waiting weeks is wearing thin.

I told myself until next Friday. If its not in stock Im going to pull the trigger.

Back