3930k C2 news?

jncs.com has 6 available through their eBay store for $699 plus shipping for those not wanting to wait any longer.

Bought all the parts for my rig 70 days ago...

Parts have depreciated in about ~170 dollars since I purchased them...

Now being forced to spend an extra 450 dollars on a 3960x...

Thank you intel!

Cancelled.
Double damnit.

This processor is the final piece to my system.
It's all just sitting there...sad and incomplete.
C'mon Intel.
Can't get a 3930k (for a reasonable price).
Can't get a 3820 (at all).
Throw us a bone here.

There were 3 in stock from Amazon.com last night from 2 retailers for about $615 to $625. It sold out within 30 minutes.

It's now back to 1-2 month wait and price went up to around $700 (last time I checked an hour ago).

Guys I see like 3 places that had it in stock over the weekend. Where were you?

I'm a grad student at GT and this comp is for my office. Parts are ordered through SCW.com... Some select parts can be ordered elsewhere but most have to be ordered through scw for some bureaucratic reasons which I don't care to find out more about. Plus SCW said intel told them the 3930k would be in stock on feb 13th but according to SCW it has been pushed back to March 24th-30th. I could possibly go through another vendor but the purchases are made through staff instead of myself, so when the parts do come in stock I'd have like a 30 second window to pass that message on and hope they place the order before it goes out of stock. I think I'm gonna try to convince my PI to spend a little extra money and get the 3960x instead.

So, FWIW, Newegg shipped my 3930K from Memphis, TN. My guess is that it won't be here until Monday. The tracking isn't updated yet. My Asus Sabertooth + Corsair H100 arrived, I have the RAM, case, etc, so now the end is finally in sight.

I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread now since I won't have much else to contribute other than "Best of luck," and "Yeah, this is a bunch of shit." :) Have fun.

10 were just available at amazon through a third party, go to checkout, press buy.... not available anymore. :(

Edit: Why is it that i can't get a straight answer from anyone regarding 3930k stock or when they plan on getting it in? They can't even give me an estimation. This is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Here are some benchies from my C2.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2252310_kirbster_superpi_core_i7_3930k_7sec_484ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2252308_kirbster_wprime_32m_core_i7_3930k_3sec_249ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2254828_kirbster_pcmark_2005_core_i7_3930k_27438_marks

Chip is a bit stubborn, these are all under a decent water cooler.
4.5 barely needs to change anything but multi and a slight vcore bump, after that it gets a lot tougher to squeeze anything out without a lot of volts, which then increases the heat significantly.

just wanted to chime in with my experience.

I ordered a 3930k right before xmas from amazon for $599; at that point it just said out of stock. The delivery date has changed several time, right now its at 2/14 - 2/24.

I just checked the 3930k page on amazon, and it says est delivery is 1-3 weeks. Last night it was 2-4 weeks, so looking better. Hopefully this means they finally know exactly when they'll get a shipment, and I'll get my cpu soon!

Here are some benchies from my C2.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2252310_kirbster_superpi_core_i7_3930k_7sec_484ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2252308_kirbster_wprime_32m_core_i7_3930k_3sec_249ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2254828_kirbster_pcmark_2005_core_i7_3930k_27438_marks

Chip is a bit stubborn, these are all under a decent water cooler.
4.5 barely needs to change anything but multi and a slight vcore bump, after that it gets a lot tougher to squeeze anything out without a lot of volts, which then increases the heat significantly.

It could be your motherboard, maybe the mosfets, etc... If you were on an ultra high quality board like the Rampage IV you think you might see higher overclocks before having to ramp the voltages etc.... up? Just wondering. The UD3 is a nice board but it isn't the top by any means. Just curious.

Available at newegg, combo required >.> last time they came into stock monday or what not they didn't require a combo if i recall correctly. Someone please let me know if when they bought it monday if it was combo only :D. Thanks.

Last edited:
No combo earlier this week.
And dang, all of the second items are $200+
Dammit NewEgg...

The main problem is that i can't put that much on my card and the majority of the items are motherboards... so if you want a different mobo or even to sell the mobo, you have no chance in hell because well... theres no 3930ks out there anyway. This is very frustrating.

Edit: Btw anyone wondering how many they had in stock, they had around 15-20, it shows stock on neweggbusiness.com.

Sigh newegg, why?... just why?

Last edited:
Canadacomputers has soem, i walked in and bought mine in teh Whitby store last week. C2. Had to pay $659 though....

It could be your motherboard, maybe the mosfets, etc... If you were on an ultra high quality board like the Rampage IV you think you might see higher overclocks before having to ramp the voltages etc.... up? Just wondering. The UD3 is a nice board but it isn't the top by any means. Just curious.

Hopefully i will get a few more X79 boards to play with, we will see.
But the UD3 holds the current record for overclocking on 2011.
Anyone who is waiting for a 3930K wanna loan me their board for some comparison testing?

Finally, before i was only able to see a few combos, saw one that was with some software total at 617, good enough for me! Finally will be getting the last piece of my build! WOOT!

Hopefully i will get a few more X79 boards to play with, we will see.
But the UD3 holds the current record for overclocking on 2011.
Anyone who is waiting for a 3930K wanna loan me their board for some comparison testing?

try an asrock extreme 4, i use one and i run my c1 3930k at 4.8 @1.385 v core folding at home 24/7 i can run 5 ghz at 1.45 but don't want to feed that much v in to my chip even though temps are only 55c at 5ghz.

what are your temps? my chip seems temp limited becues whit testing i found my that if i set my water chiller to 80f vs the 60f i run it at all the time and load temps get in to the 60s i need 1.425c for 4.8 and cant even boot to 5ghz even up to 1.475v

try an asrock extreme 4, i use one and i run my c1 3930k at 4.8 @1.385 v core folding at home 24/7 i can run 5 ghz at 1.45 but don't want to feed that much v in to my chip even though temps are only 55c at 5ghz.

what are your temps? my chip seems temp limited becues whit testing i found my that if i set my water chiller to 80f vs the 60f i run it at all the time and load temps get in to the 60s i need 1.425c for 4.8 and cant even boot to 5ghz even up to 1.475v

Temps are pretty decent considering what I am throwing at it for volts. May have to move to the garage and bring the temps down.

Back